+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 844 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 545 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisa TOC and News

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    I don't think Gintama is currently in a confrontation of final villain. Plus, I doubt Gintama able to wrap the story within 4 or 5 chapters.

Plus, that is just a rumor. So, I don't think people should take it seriously.
    They are facing that guy with the eyepatch, who has ties to every other dangerous or antagonistic group in the series that could use resolution, Gintama's pace is very very weird, things change very dramaticaly and suddenly, 4 chapters would be impossible, but about 10-15 I'd say that it could be done.

And yes, I'm aware that it's a rumor.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    They are facing that guy with the eyepatch, who has ties to every other dangerous or antagonistic group in the series that could use resolution, Gintama's pace is very very weird, things change very dramaticaly and suddenly, 4 chapters would be impossible, but about 10-15 I'd say that it could be done.
    I think this arc most likely going to focus on just the battle against Kamui (Kagura's brother), and I doubt Gintoki and others going to fight against Takasugi (the eye-patch guy) in this arc. Plus, it is too sudden to start the final arc without any set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    And yes, I'm aware that it's a rumor.
    Exactly, we shouldn't really take it seriously.

A rumor from a guy with some really slick connections though, mind you

But it's fun to take rumours seriously.

As for the possibility of HxH being the big Jump series to be canceled I say it could go either way based on recent interviews.

On one hand we have the interview when Togashi said (in 2011) that he has 1-2 more stories he wanted to tell after the Election arc, and that the Editor recently said (in Jump I believe) that this arc will contain one of the top three shocking moments in HxH. These, in addition to the fact that it would be a jackass move to pull *another* YYH ending, definitely lend credence to the idea that HxH will not end despite the fact that these make HxH a series one would "not expect".

Then again one of the top three shocking moments *could* be the manga ending as a result of whatever catastophe might befall those on the Dark Continent, perhaps everyone getting slaughtered in the most anticlimactic way...

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Hunter x Hunter's next chapter will involve the departure to the dark continent, in which everyone is wiped out by the sixth catastrophe, boneitis.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Hunter x Hunter's next chapter will involve the departure to the dark continent, in which everyone is wiped out by the sixth catastrophe, boneitis.
    Ging: My only regret is that I have Boneitis!

Toriko, World Trigger, Haikyuu!!
    Last edited by EA575; August 23rd, 2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: I'm gonna be so off lol

Gintama's sell is still good,if not great....don't see why it need to be cancelled/force to end...and Togashi has license to run HXH until death..

Souma or Ass Class ending soon is blasphemy...

what's the condition of Toriko...?..it's sell has fallen too...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I think toriko is in the middle usually these days. It's not amazing, but not terrible either, just average I daresay

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

I imagine that Nisekoi's capable of a weird sudden ending out of nowhere, and it'd... Well it wouldn't be a huge surprise. Romance comics in Jump have a limited lifespan, and none since Strawberry 100% have come close to record-breaking length.

Oh God I'm falling down the speculation hole.

I'd be so okay with a Nisekoi ending. Get that author working on something good this time.

Naruto will be cancelled three times to compensate for the editors' oversight in letting it go on for so long

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Ultimately it will be a series nobody really cares about and not one that should have been dead already.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Naruto will be cancelled three times to compensate for the editors' oversight in letting it go on for so long
    But I'm sure Naruto will be able to talk his way back into the line up after he takes on the big wigs of Shueisa.

But yeah I don't really see AC or Souma ending in the next year, Bleach and Naruto have already been hinted by Stephen to be "not one of the series you would expect", and OP is, well, OP. My guess would I guess be Nisekoi for a modestly big series unless Togashi goes back on hiatus or ends hunter x hunter (but that seems unlikely to me... which might mean it's not one of the series you would expect?)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    I imagine that Nisekoi's capable of a weird sudden ending out of nowhere, and it'd... Well it wouldn't be a huge surprise. Romance comics in Jump have a limited lifespan, and none since Strawberry 100% have come close to record-breaking length.

Oh God I'm falling down the speculation hole.
    But Nisekoi doesn't really qualify with 'long serie'

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

I'd argue it's long (or getting long) by shonen jump romance comics standards, which is why I'm not discounting it

Really excited about Viz's initiative to have us testdrive almost all new series.

Assclass more or less kicked off the 2nd half with uniform upgrades what was basically 5/6 chapters ago. It ending soon would be.... unexpected, yes.

Nisekoi could accelerate and wrap the story up in a relatively short period of time whenever Komi feels like it. Dunno how unexpected that would be.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    I'd be so okay with a Nisekoi ending. Get that author working on something good this time.
    Please yes. Everything else Naoshi has done has been so much more interesting that Nisekoi.

I kinda picture him like the MCs (and other calculating types) of Bakuman who started out by writing creative one shots and next tried to appeal to the masses to find success. His next manga will hopefully be his PCP (interesting with mass appeal as well)!

Was listening to the new Shonen Jump podcast and it seems that they might know a few things about the new series, and they seem to be excited about something.
    Pretty baseless, but it would be interesting if the Ohba and Obata pair finally make a return, with Obata coming to New York Comic Con and all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information