+ Reply to Thread
Page 444 of 843 FirstFirst ... 344 394 434 442 443 444 445 446 454 494 544 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,880 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: General Shueisa TOC and News

A series you wouldn't expect huh? Then surely that means that it's currently quite a popular series. Maybe it's Kuroko no Basket or Assclass though Gintama is also in the back of my mind. I'm not caught up with any of them so I don't know whether they feel like they could end or not, but I know I wouldn't normally expect any of these series to end soon.

Discovered Stowaway The Humanoid Typhoon's Avatar

Well as someone who doesn't want IR to be cancelled () I think they can make a mix of a lot options like moving some mangas on another magazine or adding extra slot

Well IF we say that something like Kochikame or Gintama is going to end and they move 1 or 2 manga (Illegal RARE) on anothere mag there 2 slots and they can add one slot or move another one besides IR

As a Viz subscriber, that's an awesome news. Although I hope the "almost" won't mean "battle and romcom only".
    About the 3 spots, I'd say Illegal Rare for sure. Looking at the raws, I feel that the decision was made a long time ago so it would end almost naturally compared to other manga that have been cancelled recently.
    Then, by stephen's comment, I would guess Kochi Kame.
    And the last spot being the one usually reserved to the one-shots.

Although Kuroko's Basket could possibly end soon since the WC is over, it's unlikely that it ends in September. It has too many uncollected chapters for 2 volumes and lacks about 7 chapters to fill a 3rd one. There are ways around that (thicker volumes, special chapter in another mag...) but I doubt it will apply to this manga.

A surprise would be Bleach, they have been in last place since it featured Ichigo vs Femritters.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerucho View Post
    A surprise would be Bleach, they have been in last place since it featured Ichigo vs Femritters.
    That wouldn't be a surprise and stephen hinted it was neither Bleach nor Naruto

Gonna go ahead and say gintama, is known for trolling it's viewers/readers. This would be the perfect sendoff from a manga that specializes in that.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

I'm in love with Viz's idea. If it means that Isobe or Hinomaru stand a chance of surfacing in western Jump then it's perfect. Also "almost" probably covers rare (it's dead), and AssClass/Soma, because they're already licensed and unlikely to hop into the magazine at least till the digital release gap is closed.

A series we wouldn't expect?

As much as I don't want either to end that fast, I would say either Soma or Assassination Classroom. Having either of those two end abruptly would definitely be unexpected.

I always wondered.
    You guys call Assassination Classroom "assclass"
    Is it just an abbreviation? Or is it making fun of its poor quality..?
    Never read the manga so I can't judge.

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrano View Post
    I always wondered.
    You guys call Assassination Classroom "assclass"
    Never read the manga so I can't judge.
    It's an abbreviation.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrano View Post
    Some people use it as an abbreviation. And some people use it for making fun of it.

It's just a shortcut and the japanese name is impossible to remember.You should try reading it and Neuro as well.

as for the news, is having 3 chapters translated really that great ? Especially when you know that 80% of them will be cancelled series.

I believe on the last episode of the Shonen Jump Popdcast, or maybe the one before last, an English editor said that Assassination Classroom was only supposed to be 10 volumes from the beginning. It could round out to twelve volumes with 3 or 4 more chapters...

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    It's an abbreviation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Some people use it as an abbreviation. And some people use it for making fun of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    It's just a shortcut and the japanese name is impossible to remember.You should try reading it and Neuro as well.

as for the news, is having 3 chapters translated really that great ? Especially when you know that 80% of them will be cancelled series.
    I see, thanks guys. I sort of thought it couldn't be a simple abbreviation because it was so funny.
    Might check it out after I finish some other manga I'm currently reading.

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

Quote Originally Posted by gordanham View Post
    I believe on the last episode of the Shonen Jump Popdcast, or maybe the one before last, an English editor said that Assassination Classroom was only supposed to be 10 volumes from the beginning. It could round out to twelve volumes with 3 or 4 more chapters...
    Well, I think the editors didn't expected AC become this popular.

They def didn't expect it to get popular, but if we're going to believe Matsui, I believe he said that in spite its popularity, AC is gonna last its intended length. I doubt it was intended to be 10 volumes, but it doesn't feel like we're near the answers for things in the series just yet. My personal guess is something similar to Neuro around 200 chapters

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

(Assclass/AssassClass is totally just lazy abbreviation, the comic itself is flawless)

AC ending isn't unreasonable, it only needs like a 2-3 week turnaround to make a sudden end happen, and it'd be suitably shocking to do so. I'm far behind on it nowadays though, so maybe I'm way off-base.

I doubt "series which we didn't expect" going to end on upcoming round. Based on the current story, I don't think any of series are actually heading toward the end (only possibly one will be Kochikame, Saiki Kusuo, and Isobe since they really don't have a long story arc or anything). I think that rumor is most likely for more further future.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    "not one of the series that you would expect"
    Gintama is in a confrontation with it's final villian. HxH is always in the "I don't know what could happen" territory. Kochikame will end when nobody expects it.

Soma and AssClass seem stable and building up.

I don't know about Nisekoi, Kuroko and Hayuku to predict anything.

As the question is set up, then the "less than 2 years old" series aren't listed, other than the ones that are already a hit.

If I had to bet I'd bet Gintama.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Gintama is in a confrontation with it's final villian.
    I don't think Gintama is currently in a confrontation of final villain. Plus, I doubt Gintama able to wrap the story within 4 or 5 chapters.

Plus, that is just a rumor. So, I don't think people should take it seriously.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information