+ Reply to Thread
Page 411 of 844 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 461 511 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,220 of 16870

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Vivi's legs? I don't get it...

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Togashi is another kind of mistery. The more you criticize him now, the more you will say hunter x hunter is awesome when chapters are back.
    Opposite for me , haven't been able to say anything nice about the series after York Shin arc.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post

Hunter x Hunter comes out of the hiatus: Vivi's legs on a turkey, the legs are scribbles, chapter ends. Hiatus again.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Hunter x Hunter comes out of the hiatus: Vivi's legs on a turkey, the legs are scribbles, chapter ends. Hiatus again.
    BEST.CHAPTER.EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Yea, feels really out of the blue. I've got nothing to back this up, but the only thing coming to my mind that's sensible as a joint announcement is another international manga contest.
    I've heard it suggested that it'll be HxH coming out of hiatus and being put into English Shonen Jump. To be honest I have mixed feelings about the second if it comes to pass

Quote Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
    During the first week of Shuiesha's Jump Live campaign they released the first page of every chapter next week to those who participated. So for a good amount of time, the only thing being discussed in the spoiler thread was the previously posted cover page featuring Carue and Vivi playing Tennis, and discussion pretty much gravitated to the lasciviousness of Vivi's Legs in the cover image.

Needless to say, the spoiler thread was an even larger cesspool of disgust than usual.

The news is at that Hunter X Hunter is coming back in June http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...resume-in-june

I'm still skeptical.

It's from shueisha official site.

Yeah, no, I'm not skeptical about the announcement. Skeptical about Togashi wanting to go back to work this early. He'll probably just troll us with 5 chapters followed by another hiatus.

Figured, let's enjoy it while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    Yeah, no, I'm not skeptical about the announcement. Skeptical about Togashi wanting to go back to work this early. He'll probably just troll us with 5 chapters followed by another hiatus.
    His console is broken and he's waiting for it to be repaired. Of course he could buy a new one, but the old one's full of memories, created during blissful days of hiatus.

Maybe he finished all the Dragon Quests and just didnt' want to play the online one.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    His console is broken and he's waiting for it to be repaired. Of course he could buy a new one, but the old one's full of memories, created during blissful days of hiatus.
    Of course the old one's better. It was crafted using Togashi's own nen.

I have a quick question. If someone could answer, that would be great.
    Can manga volume be returned in japan? Are they usually returned?

Quote Originally Posted by NePec View Post
    I have a quick question. If someone could answer, that would be great.
    Can manga volume be returned in japan? Are they usually returned?
    Book returns exist in Japan, so I don't know why would manga volumes be an exception. The thing is that it depends on the deal that the store did with the publisher for a given title.
    If you want to know for a given title, I don't know if anybody here knows but maybe Greg, or Aohige might know.

^so a manga buyer can return the book after buying it and removing the shrink wrap?

I'm currently in a discussion with someone if One Piece sold at least 10 million per year pre-2008.
    He keeps insisting that the return rate is 40% (2012-2013 data) and that the overstock rate is 25-30%.
    OP has 130mil circulation in 2007. I underestimate the actual sale to be 30% below circulation number and divide that by 10 years. The chance of OP selling at least 10 mil in one year during 1998-2007 is pretty high. But he still denies the math.

Edit: all of his sources are post-2008. He even uses google trend (starts in 2004) as an indication that OP did not sell over 10mil/year in at least one year pre-2008.

he talks about bookstores returns. A standard buyer cannot return a book unless he sales it for second hand market.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    he talks about bookstores returns. A standard buyer cannot return a book unless he sales it for second hand market.
    But does he actually believe that one piece sold less than 90million copies out of its 130mil circulation?
    40% return rate + 25-30 overstock = publisher must be really stupid if they were to over print something by that amount. I don't think OP is a manga that would have 40% return rate and the overstock will sooner or later be sold.

^so a manga buyer can return the book after buying it and removing the shrink wrap?

I'm currently in a discussion with someone if One Piece sold at least 10 million per year pre-2008.
    He keeps insisting that the return rate is 40% (2012-2013 data) and that the overstock rate is 25-30%.
    OP has 130mil circulation in 2007. I underestimate the actual sale to be 30% below circulation number and divide that by 10 years. The chance of OP selling at least 10 mil in one year during 1998-2007 is pretty high. But he still denies the math.

Edit: all of his sources are post-2008. He even uses google trend (starts in 2004) as an indication that OP did not sell over 10mil/year in at least one year pre-2008.
    You're talking of ANN Attack on Titan conversation right? I was in that conversation. In reality it was I that first said that he was wrong, but he doesn't listen so I gave up on the conversation.
    A return rate of 40%(So in average every store don't sell 40% of the volumes, right?), when One Piece has a print of 130 Million means that One Piece is a HUGE FAILURE. Which enterprise would accept 52 Million returns? And which store would keep buying volumes of a title that make them return 40% of that title inventory? Well, I don't know a lot about the business but If I was a store owner I wouldn't keep buying One Piece volumes. Even because I heard a store receives like 35% per every book sold(It was like author receives 10%, publisher receives 30%, store 35% and book production and distribution 25%), this was in some ANN news. So if that is true, doesn't that mean that I would lose money instead of earn?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

A manga buyer? I would most certainly say NO. After is bought is bought. Even if the store accepts a return, the store would just put it again on sale. Does One Piece books in Japan are wrapped up? Most books, and manga, that I buy in stores, here in Portugal, aren't wrapped up. And most stores don't accept normal returns. If you can prove that the thing that you're returning was damaged in any way, and it wasn't made by you, than every store should accept it, and the store than returns it to the publisher, but I don't believe that 52 Million books of One Piece were damaged in fabrication, distribution or in the store.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information