+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 844 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    A double issue means that this issue will have to last for 2 weeks.

The issue isn't called "2" for week 2 but "2-3" for both weeks 2 and 3.

Publishing weeks, I only know that they start on december, in order to avoid phenomena as the issue "52-1", both of those must always stand alone.

There are 4 double issues at a year, 2 on the hollydays break, one in may for golden week and one in august on... Bon Kurei? Obon? something.
    Thanks for the answer!

Does anybody know any good places to read summaries of the enigma chapters?
    I finally got around to reading the preview on the shonen jump site
    http://www.shonenjump.com/e/mangaonline/index.html
    And now I want to strart reading it, but I don't want to read the chapters I don't have in print. So any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by gordanham View Post
    Does anybody know any good places to read summaries of the enigma chapters?
    I finally got around to reading the preview on the shonen jump site
    http://www.shonenjump.com/e/mangaonline/index.html
    And now I want to strart reading it, but I don't want to read the chapters I don't have in print. So any suggestions?
    what? What are you saying?

mangareader carries enigma now, so is that what you want? Also, it's apparently filed under some strange name at mangafox, if you want to look there...

Sailing through the Sea of Blood to find Sniper Island

I just hope Enigma won't ended up Psyren...

As in a dissapointment or just flunking in the ratings ?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    what? What are you saying?

mangareader carries enigma now, so is that what you want? Also, it's apparently filed under some strange name at mangafox, if you want to look there...
    I mean like summaries of the chapters
    Like when I caught up on Naruto and Bleach I just read the chapter summaries on their respective wikias, but enigma is so new that it probably won't get that treatment for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by gordanham View Post
    I mean like summaries of the chapters
    Like when I caught up on Naruto and Bleach I just read the chapter summaries on their respective wikias, but enigma is so new that it probably won't get that treatment for quite some time.
    haha, there are only like 10 chapters or less. just read them, lol.

Enigma is only 15 chapters long. It wouldn't take you that long to re-read the whole thing.
    But if you want a summary, I'll give you one. I'm not so good at making these flow so it's basically just gonna be a long list of events.

Spoiler:

There's a guy named Sumio and his childhood friend named Shigeru. Sumio has the ability to write predictions of the future in his diary which he calles a "Dream Diary". He writes unconsciously in it while he's asleep. He then goes about stopping what's written in it from happening because he wants to choose his own destiny, and usually because they show bad things happening like a girl at his school being teased. He's had the ability since he was little and his mom would help him investigate it. His father disappeared but his mom still loves him.
    Then his dream diary says his a girl he knows disappears and the culprit is "enigma". Sumio checks Shigeru's house first, then goes to where his mom works as a cabaret club girl. She disappears in an elevator and all that's left is a black stain.

He wakes up in a hospital and that night he and 6 other people wake up in the high school gymnasium. A being calling itself Engima with a symbol of a skull with the jaw backwards tells them they have been brought into an e-test. They need to use their special abilities to escape the school withing 72 hours. To do that they need to find the 7 passwords, one allowing each to escape. Also there's a "Shadow" going around the halls that can capture them.

Then the characters start getting introduced. Mizusawa Aru is a guy in a cartoon character suit. Sudou Takemaru is a hot-tempered pessimistic guy in a Hoodie. Hiina is a girl... And Moto is a guy with an eyepatch. Matsurigi is the student body president, always thinking of how to save everyone, but also is a stickler for rules. He gets caught by the Shadow.

Moto's ability is to make things disappear. He feels like he would be ostracized if anyone found out, so he hides it. He likes to live his life safely and avoiding trouble. Sumio inspires him to use his aiblity on the photo found by Sumio's ability to make the guy in the photo in front of Kurisu Ryou disappear, revealing his name, which is the password.

Later Hiina and Shigeru are taking showes and Sumio sees in his diary that they're going to be in trouble and that there's a password in the shower room. As the room gets locked and fills up with water, Hiina describes how when she was little her parents didn't love each other and just married each other for money and prestige. Her classmates ostracized her because she was rich. What she wanted was real bonds. She has an ability called "Third Arm" which is invisible and can extend and touch things, but isn't very strong. She uses her ability to get the puzzle pieces in the room with the water rising, and Sumio risks his arm to get he last one taped inside the fan vent with the razor-sharp fan. He also saves Hiina and Shigeru from drowning.

The dream diary keeps telling them things. Next they go to the incinerators and find Matsurigi in one and the password is in the other. Enigma sends them one key that can open only one door. In 10 minutes both would be incinerated. Matsurigi gets taken over by the Shadow he was infected by and starts turning into one, making him act like a selfish jerk and saying they should save him. Matsurigi takes over again and says that the true identity of the Shadows are that they're humans. He whispers something to Sumio and Sumio opens the incinerator with the password in it. He then puts a discarded flag pole into the incinerator and chips away at a crack in the wall. Matsurigi then uses his ability "Cubic Subtraction" to shrink the pole to hand-held size and bring it into his incinerator. He then makes it bigger to plug the pipe which sends out the incineration flames, and then brings it back to full size to break the door open. They all get out safe, and the third password is a USB thumb drive and a capsule type pill that suppresses the Shadow from taking someone over. Matsurigi pretends to take it.

Matsurigi goes to sleep and everyone else looks for a computer to read the third password. Mizusawa goes missing and then they find his opened costume and a guy named Kurisu Ryou, the one from the first password's photo, shows up saying he was really Mizusawa Aru. He says he hid his identity so he wouldn't be suspected as a spy for Enigma, since his real name wasn't what was said. Sumio decides to believe him, but Sudou says he's being too naive.

Kurisu is really evil and intends to be the only one to get out. He uses his ability "FLAT" to get into a PC in a photo to get the first password so he can use it. He has to sequester Sumio because his future-prediction ability would expose what he's going to do. He doctors a prediction Sumio made before he wakes up, to distract him. He kidnaps Shigeru to use her as a hostage and to test the exit to make sure it works. But he says he "can't leave yet". He drags Sumio into a photo of the town's market square and explains his ability. He can use objects inside a photo. He says when he's inside an image he "is a god", and controls everything. He can also change objects into similar objects. Normal people inside it can be brought in, but to them everything is immutable and can't be moved. Sumio bluffs and says that he can ruin Kurisu's plan before he can get to the exit if he leaves him alone there (Otherwise he'll be locked inside forever). Kurisu decides to kill him, and goes after him with a katana. Sumio runs and gets chased into a supermarket. Eventually he is cornered and has to risk everything on his Dream Diary, which tells him how to escape. He writes the password on the wall and the 5 others find the photo when they hear Kurisu's voice coming out of it. Sudou uses a lighter to light the photo on fire and force them out. Kurisu is beat, because if he stays there he will die in the fire and if he leaves without Sumio the others will beat him up. When Sumio tells him not to give up and to let them out, he says "You're like me back then when I was such an idiot".

When he gets out he decides he won't let anyone get out, and it turns out he is actually the Shadow. He goes to attack everyone but then Matsurigi comes and gives him the capsule to suppress the Shadow transformation. He also says that he isn't the real Mizusawa Aru. He then explains how Kurisu used to be his best friend and mentor, as a morally upright person who stood up for people in the school. And how he and Kurisu were in the last e-test, which is called "the second e-test" by Enigma. Back then they could only find 2 passwords. The other 3 people in the test started to lash out against Kurisu when time was running out, then he and Matsurigi decided their only choice was for them to escape and try to get help. They split up when being chaced by a Shadow. Matsurigi sees a password already input and things Kurisu has already left. He escapes right before a Shadow attacks him. But then the announcement/Enigma says he is the only one that escaped. And Matsurigi figures out that Kurisu had been captured by he Shadow, because he saw the glimmer of the cross he wore inside the Shadow right before he left. So now he wanted to help him in this e-test. He says how the Shadow transformation turns your personality into the exact opposite of the original and that's why Kurisu was so evil.

And that's all that's happened so far in a nutshell. It's a lot easier to understand if you just read the chapters though.

here's the logo from oumagadoki doubutsuen. it's not the japanese raw, but the chinese release of skypiea.
    Spoiler:

Sailing through the Sea of Blood to find Sniper Island

mind if post from other manga?

Quote Originally Posted by kewl0210 View Post
    Enigma is only 15 chapters long. It wouldn't take you that long to re-read the whole thing.
    But if you want a summary, I'll give you one. I'm not so good at making these flow so it's basically just gonna be a long list of events.

Spoiler:

There's a guy named Sumio and his childhood friend named Shigeru. Sumio has the ability to write predictions of the future in his diary which he calles a "Dream Diary". He writes unconsciously in it while he's asleep. He then goes about stopping what's written in it from happening because he wants to choose his own destiny, and usually because they show bad things happening like a girl at his school being teased. He's had the ability since he was little and his mom would help him investigate it. His father disappeared but his mom still loves him.
    Then his dream diary says his a girl he knows disappears and the culprit is "enigma". Sumio checks Shigeru's house first, then goes to where his mom works as a cabaret club girl. She disappears in an elevator and all that's left is a black stain.

He wakes up in a hospital and that night he and 6 other people wake up in the high school gymnasium. A being calling itself Engima with a symbol of a skull with the jaw backwards tells them they have been brought into an e-test. They need to use their special abilities to escape the school withing 72 hours. To do that they need to find the 7 passwords, one allowing each to escape. Also there's a "Shadow" going around the halls that can capture them.

Then the characters start getting introduced. Mizusawa Aru is a guy in a cartoon character suit. Sudou Takemaru is a hot-tempered pessimistic guy in a Hoodie. Hiina is a girl... And Moto is a guy with an eyepatch. Matsurigi is the student body president, always thinking of how to save everyone, but also is a stickler for rules. He gets caught by the Shadow.

Moto's ability is to make things disappear. He feels like he would be ostracized if anyone found out, so he hides it. He likes to live his life safely and avoiding trouble. Sumio inspires him to use his aiblity on the photo found by Sumio's ability to make the guy in the photo in front of Kurisu Ryou disappear, revealing his name, which is the password.

Later Hiina and Shigeru are taking showes and Sumio sees in his diary that they're going to be in trouble and that there's a password in the shower room. As the room gets locked and fills up with water, Hiina describes how when she was little her parents didn't love each other and just married each other for money and prestige. Her classmates ostracized her because she was rich. What she wanted was real bonds. She has an ability called "Third Arm" which is invisible and can extend and touch things, but isn't very strong. She uses her ability to get the puzzle pieces in the room with the water rising, and Sumio risks his arm to get he last one taped inside the fan vent with the razor-sharp fan. He also saves Hiina and Shigeru from drowning.

The dream diary keeps telling them things. Next they go to the incinerators and find Matsurigi in one and the password is in the other. Enigma sends them one key that can open only one door. In 10 minutes both would be incinerated. Matsurigi gets taken over by the Shadow he was infected by and starts turning into one, making him act like a selfish jerk and saying they should save him. Matsurigi takes over again and says that the true identity of the Shadows are that they're humans. He whispers something to Sumio and Sumio opens the incinerator with the password in it. He then puts a discarded flag pole into the incinerator and chips away at a crack in the wall. Matsurigi then uses his ability "Cubic Subtraction" to shrink the pole to hand-held size and bring it into his incinerator. He then makes it bigger to plug the pipe which sends out the incineration flames, and then brings it back to full size to break the door open. They all get out safe, and the third password is a USB thumb drive and a capsule type pill that suppresses the Shadow from taking someone over. Matsurigi pretends to take it.

Matsurigi goes to sleep and everyone else looks for a computer to read the third password. Mizusawa goes missing and then they find his opened costume and a guy named Kurisu Ryou, the one from the first password's photo, shows up saying he was really Mizusawa Aru. He says he hid his identity so he wouldn't be suspected as a spy for Enigma, since his real name wasn't what was said. Sumio decides to believe him, but Sudou says he's being too naive.

Kurisu is really evil and intends to be the only one to get out. He uses his ability "FLAT" to get into a PC in a photo to get the first password so he can use it. He has to sequester Sumio because his future-prediction ability would expose what he's going to do. He doctors a prediction Sumio made before he wakes up, to distract him. He kidnaps Shigeru to use her as a hostage and to test the exit to make sure it works. But he says he "can't leave yet". He drags Sumio into a photo of the town's market square and explains his ability. He can use objects inside a photo. He says when he's inside an image he "is a god", and controls everything. He can also change objects into similar objects. Normal people inside it can be brought in, but to them everything is immutable and can't be moved. Sumio bluffs and says that he can ruin Kurisu's plan before he can get to the exit if he leaves him alone there (Otherwise he'll be locked inside forever). Kurisu decides to kill him, and goes after him with a katana. Sumio runs and gets chased into a supermarket. Eventually he is cornered and has to risk everything on his Dream Diary, which tells him how to escape. He writes the password on the wall and the 5 others find the photo when they hear Kurisu's voice coming out of it. Sudou uses a lighter to light the photo on fire and force them out. Kurisu is beat, because if he stays there he will die in the fire and if he leaves without Sumio the others will beat him up. When Sumio tells him not to give up and to let them out, he says "You're like me back then when I was such an idiot".

When he gets out he decides he won't let anyone get out, and it turns out he is actually the Shadow. He goes to attack everyone but then Matsurigi comes and gives him the capsule to suppress the Shadow transformation. He also says that he isn't the real Mizusawa Aru. He then explains how Kurisu used to be his best friend and mentor, as a morally upright person who stood up for people in the school. And how he and Kurisu were in the last e-test, which is called "the second e-test" by Enigma. Back then they could only find 2 passwords. The other 3 people in the test started to lash out against Kurisu when time was running out, then he and Matsurigi decided their only choice was for them to escape and try to get help. They split up when being chaced by a Shadow. Matsurigi sees a password already input and things Kurisu has already left. He escapes right before a Shadow attacks him. But then the announcement/Enigma says he is the only one that escaped. And Matsurigi figures out that Kurisu had been captured by he Shadow, because he saw the glimmer of the cross he wore inside the Shadow right before he left. So now he wanted to help him in this e-test. He says how the Shadow transformation turns your personality into the exact opposite of the original and that's why Kurisu was so evil.

And that's all that's happened so far in a nutshell. It's a lot easier to understand if you just read the chapters though.
    Thank you so much!!!!! This is exactly what I wanted!!!
    The thing is though, is that i have everything from chapter 8 onwards, so could you just mark where the events go up until that point. Sorry to bother you again^^;

Dude, just read the whole series.
    You can get them from here, the scanlator:
    http://cxcscans.phpbb9.com/
    Just go through his news posts and get links.

Or get them from mangatraders:
    http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/6651

It'll take you like an hour to read the whole series so far.
    If you wanna read my translations, they're here:
    http://mangahelpers.com/m/enigma/translations/

What's the word on HXH's return?

Sorry, a tad late - Issue 5-6 ToC:

One Piece 609
    Naruto 522
    Bakuman 115
    Bleach 432
    Toriko 124
    Beelzebub 91 (color)
    Enigma 16
    Kochikame 1679
    Ao no Exorcist Special (color)
    Gintama 337
    Inumaru & Shinkon-san Irasshai Special (color)
    Sket Dance 168
    Medaka Box 81
    Gag Manga Biyori Special (color)
    Kakko Kawaii Sengen! Special (color)
    Kuroko's Basketball 100
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn 320
    Omaenchi, Obake Yashiki (color)
    Nurarihyon no Mago 137
    Hokenshitsu no Shinigami 65
    Oumagadoki Doubutsuen 24
    LightWing 15

Oumaga is doomed, I guess :(

Well fuck them with a trident if they do .

Take Lightwing first .

I figured Oumagadoki wouldn't last, couldn't really see anything else getting cut since it seemed like it was too early for Light Wing to be, though maybe it can last a bit longer.

Enigma is still doing good, which is what I like to see. I don't like seeing Nurarihyon so low over these past few weeks, but since the last arc's ending wasn't that great I'm hoping it'll pick up again soon enough.
    "As long as I'm alive, I want to die having risen just one step higher."

Stupid japanese kids....grrr

I sure hope lightwing goes first that shits boring.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

I'm satisfied that Beelzebub is in a safe position.

I'm no longer worried about beel at the moment.

I'm more worried about Oumagadoki which is infact a good manga it's just that those damn kids don't think so.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    I'm no longer worried about beel at the moment.

I'm more worried about Oumagadoki which is infact a good manga it's just that those damn kids don't think so.
    I agree with you, It's sad to see the people choosing bad mangas like Bleach instead of recent, but good mangas like Oumagadoki.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information