+ Reply to Thread
Page 390 of 843 FirstFirst ... 290 340 380 388 389 390 391 392 400 440 490 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Shipmate

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    the blatant racism (don't even try to deny it)

A terraformar's face looks like the back of a roach. There are actual black people in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    A-1, GONZO or someone else with that special kind of reputation
    For every Magi A-1 Pictures manage to do something of the Space Borthers, From the New World or Silver Spoon level so that would be a fine choice all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    African tribe man
    These tribes have names to identify their communities, don't they, European nation man.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    by the way,why no one is scanlating it any more...stuck at chapter 63..
    display: none; release by volume and not by chapter. They put out volume 7 in December so they are all caught up now.

It's not that it's been dropped, but that all the chapters of a volume are released at once.

Edit: Silver was faster.
    Last edited by Devil G.; February 8th, 2014 at 09:14 AM.

Maybe you guys are racist because you thought they looked like African people.

@silverblade,
    ok..i didn't know that..:)
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post

These tribes have names to identify their communities, don't they, European nation man.
    I live right now in Europe, Portugal to be more specific, and I've been living a long time here, but I was born in Africa, Angola more specifically and all my family is from Angola, and yes I'm a black person.

There exist thousands of African tribes and I was showing that there is no racism or caricature depictions towards African tribes in general, so it doesn't make any sense specifying every ethnic group, more because is not just a couple of them.

Probably you're confusing African tribes with countries, right? Africa is not made of tribes, but countries, and each country is made of a lot of tribes and a lot of "independent" people that don't belong to any tribe at all. Right now, Africa has more people that don't belong in any tribes than people that belong in one.
    Last edited by Bigivel; February 8th, 2014 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Katsura View Post
    Hmmm... interesting. 10th Anniversary, but I wonder what the new project is going to be.

Can anyone translate the WSJ announcement page?

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

I have no idea what it could be. Don't really know what they could do for the 10th anniversary that they haven't done with the franchise already. Unless its a continuation of the original story in the form of a serialized manga? *crosses fingers*
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    I have no idea what it could be. Don't really know what they could do for the 10th anniversary that they haven't done with the franchise already. Unless its a continuation of the original story in the form of a serialized manga? *crosses fingers*
    wasn't the whole point of the post-serial one-shot that you can't possibly repeat or continue that story? You can't have another Kira, an such. A spin-off, maybe. A 10th anniversary tribute book like naruto and one piece had (or kochikame had for its 30th)? far more likely

I was a big fan of Death Note and absolutely adored it's 4-cut gags. I hope they make bunch more of those.

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

Some action scenes (Aoshi vs. Okina) from the upcoming live-adaptation movie for Rurouni Kenshin:
    Spoiler:

Young Jump Issue 11:
    Yokohama-sen Doppelgänger (Lead CP, New Series)
    Kingdom
    Terra Formars
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Kamen Teacher Black
    Minamoto-kun Monogatari (CP)
    All You Need Is Kill
    Bakumatsu Gurentai
    Kakuriyo Monogatari
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Usogui
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    Gunjou Senki
    Nipongo
    Mongrel
    Boku Girl (CP)
    81 Diver
    Grand Slam
    Cyclops Shoujo Saipuuuu
    Nejimaki Kagyuu
    Samurai Soldier
    WxY
    Innocent

Hamatora (Absent)

Yokohama-sen Doppelgänger (New Series)

Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Boku Girl

Young Jump Issue 12:
    Cover, Lead CP: Kamen Teacher Black
    CP: Terra Formars, Gunjou Senki
    End: WxY
    Absent: Grand Slam, Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; February 12th, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Damn, Kingdom is dominating lately in Young Jump. Are there any other series in that magazine that is on its level (looking for recommendations)?

3DS Friend Code 1693-2056-2994

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    Damn, Kingdom is dominating lately in Young Jump. Are there any other series in that magazine that is on its level (looking for recommendations)?
    Well, Terra Formars and Tokyo Ghoul are also one of most popular series in Young Jump (along with Kingdom). I, personally, think lots of Young Jump series are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Well, Terra Formars and Tokyo Ghoul are also one of most popular series in Young Jump (along with Kingdom). I, personally, think lots of Young Jump series are really good.
    thanks, will check them out

I can't wait for a Terra Formars anime . Hoping they don't censor it or do some bad animation or bad CG stuff.

Unrelated but how is Knights of Sidonia by Nihei Tsutomu?

WYJ is the most enjoyable magazine for me.
    More than half the magazine entertains me well.

My favorite is Usokui and Kingdom by far though.
    Other favorites include Umaru-chan, TerraFormars, and occasional Zetman chapters once a blue moon.
    Tokyo Ghoul is enjoyable, and Elfen Lied 2.0... I mean Brunhilde is same ol' crap from the same ol' author, but not unreadable.

As for the new series, All you Need is Kill is awesome, and quickly growing on me. Gunjo Senki makes no sense, but as long as you don't take it seriously it's enjoyable lol. Boku Girl is cliche as fuck, but I'm a sucker for transgender stories. Yokohama Line Doppleganger is only 1 chapter in, but the hook was good, hope it keeps up the suspense and mystery.

It looks like Samurai Soldier is about to end.. was a bit corny series, but I liked it. Gonna miss it when it ends.

In short, a great magazine.
    Definitely the best line-up in seinen manga currently.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; February 10th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    WYJ is the most enjoyable magazine for me.
    More than half the magazine entertains me well.

My favorite is Usokui and Kingdom by far though.
    Other favorites include Umaru-chan, TerraFormars, and occasional Zetman chapters once a blue moon.
    All you Need is Kill is awesome, and quickly growing on me. Gunjo Senki makes no sense, but as long as you don't take it seriously it's enjoyable lol.

It looks like Samurai Soldier is about to end.. was a bit corny series, but I liked it. Gonna miss it when it ends.
    What are the bolded ones about? I've heard about All you need is kill though

What are the bolded ones about?
    Usokui is a long running series, about a genius gambler and his sidekick.
    The center of the story is a massively powerful gambling organization "Kakerou" that overseas any "game" their members play with each other, at any cost.
    They make sure the game is played to the end, and that loser pays the price promised upon... even their life.
    The series is a mix of mystery, swindling, and lots and lot of hand to hand combat. Imagine Liar Game mixed with Airmaster.

Umaru-chan is a slice of life about a reclusive girl who acts perfect in school, but at home lazy as fuck.
    She's so adorably cute, imagine Yotsubato featuring Konata from Lucky Star.

Samurai Soldier is street punk gangster saga. Delinquents fighting over the territorial control of Shibuya.
    Pretty cliche yankee manga, but with a modern style. (and not the pompadour classic punks)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information