+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 843 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 489 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    How is Naruto back in top rankings again? the chapters have been awful latelly even worse than usual.
    Naruto always has been on top 5 or near top ranking, so it isn't that surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Naruto always has been on top 5 or near top ranking, so it isn't that surprising.
    But it wasn't in the top 3 for a while I believe, certainly not Top 1, whats surprising is it being ranked first.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

How is Naruto back in top rankings again? the chapters have been awful latelly even worse than usual.
    At least Bleach is back where it belongs in the bottom five.

3DS: 1993-7490-6080 NNID: Mickamott PSN: Mickamott

Naruto has been in top 3 for last 6-7 weeks,topped twice excluding cover story ...ranking peaked once Obito went down...so your problem...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Naruto has been in top 3 for last 6-7 weeks,topped twice excluding cover story ...ranking peaked once Obito went down...so your problem...
    Guess I'm not paying attention.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

The poster for upcoming 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi (Jump SQ. series) live-adaptation movie.
    http://1-11movie.com/images/top_01.jpg

And the poster for upcoming Rurouni Kenshin second live-adaptation movie.
    http://cdn2.natalie.mu/media/comic/1...aserposter.jpg
    Whoa thanks!
    Surprisingly the first Ruroni Kenshin movie was very very entertaining and I'll certainly watch this one.

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

I just finished reading Illegal Rare. It is definitely more darker series than Nurarihyon no Mago.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Illegal Rare (New Series)

Toriko

Shokugeki no Souma

Nisekoi

Illegal Rare was not bad.
    I have to say, Shiibashi is a veteran, and it definitely works in his favor. The visuals are delicious.
    Protagonist is the king of nosferatu, but alas so far lacks the awesome charm Alucard had.
    Much like Nura, IR is also a world where monsters live among the humans.
    However, unlike Nura where the existence of youkai was not a common knowledge, in IR world they are fully aware of their existence.
    Monsters are basically endangered species, and often illegally hunted down by humans.

I kinda wished Shiibashi had gotten a writer partner this time, well planned pacing is not his strong trait.
    But let's see if he's improved in this short absence.

But for now... welcome back, Shiibashi sensei!! Nicely executed first chapter, expected of a pro.

It looks like Terra Formars going to have important announcement on Issue 12 of Young Jump.

It looks like Terra Formars going to have important announcement on Issue 12 of Young Jump.
    will the announcement be anime?

Just "read" the raw of Illegal Rare. I'll have to wait for a translation to judge the story but the art is amazing.
    I'm a big fan of Shibashi's art so I hope the story will match his art and that it will meet success.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I hope terra formars gets an anime. I haven't read it yet, but from what I hear it's pretty good.^^ If they make one I hope they don't tone it down. They probably will though. :(

Terra Formars anime? Oh yes please.

If there is gonna be an anime, lets pray that it would be so edited.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

I'd love a Terra Formars anime for all the wrong reasons, tbh.
    The crude plot, the meh characters, the blatant racism (don't even try to deny it), etc. all make for a wonderful trainwreck and I hope for studio A-1, GONZO or someone else with that special kind of reputation to make it into the most enjoyable trainwreck anime we had since seasons.... which is damn hard, because stuff like Valvrave, Nobunaga the Fool and other series make for good competition and there are SAO and Mahouka coming up.

I want it to be "so bad that it's good again" trashy because I feel this series just will embarrass itself if it is anything else.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    the blatant racism (don't even try to deny it).
    Let me try!

First let's go with the FACE:

Terraformars cockroaches:
    Spoiler:

African tribe man:
    Spoiler:

Homo Neanderthal:
    Spoiler:

Is easy to see that the elongated low half of the face is something of the Homo neanderthal. Homo Sapiens, doesn't mater if black, white, yellow, red or what else have the low and the high half of their faces almost the same size.

Now, the Tools:

Terraformars:
    Spoiler:

African Tribe:
    Spoiler:

Homo Neanderthal:
    Spoiler:

Nowadays, nobody uses Stone to make tools that was only used in the Stone Age. Tribes use wood and iron, and their weapons are bow and spear and definitely not maces. The cockroaches in Terra Formars use stone maces.

Lastly, Clothes:

Terra Formars:
    Spoiler:

African Tribe:
    Spoiler:

Homo Neanderthal:
    Spoiler:

African tribal people don't walk naked! In the most drastic tribes they use a little cloth to hide their genitals
    Only in prehistoric men walked naked and even there already exist traces of clothes. The cockroaches of Terra Formars walk completely naked!

Black people in Terra Formars:
    Spoiler:

See that African tribal caricatures(that I wouldn't call racism, but well a lot of people call them it) are totally different than what is seen in Terra Formars:
    Spoiler:

As you can see it has nothing close to racism/african tribal caricature in Terra Formars.

It looks like there going to be some kind of new project for Death Note going to be announced on upcoming March.

All this racism reminds me that I need to start Terraformars at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    SHONENJUMP SASAKI ‏@SASAKI_Hisashi 5m Regular skype meeting with English SHONENJUMP team. Our new series will be Stealth Symphony.
    I really hope some scanlation group takes it up, or that it gets published quickly in my country. Now that I know it is from Narita I'm really interested.

i think accusing Terra-formars as racist is unjust....
    though my main problem with the manga is characters die just when i start to get attached and their profiles mostly come after their death which somehow dampen the enthusiasm to go through it....

by the way,why no one is scanlating it any more...stuck at chapter 63..
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information