+ Reply to Thread
Page 382 of 844 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    what IS that ?
    It is just 1-koma gag manga.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Is Soul Catchers actually worth catching up on? I honestly never thought it would last this long..
    It's pretty decent. Hideo has his positives and huge negatives as an artist, and it's a bit... boring now and then, but Soul Catcher(s) totally deserves its current mild success. No more, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    So

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/revol...0_original.jpg

The thing on the bottom, next to Naruto

what IS that ?
    That is a humanoid with a hearth as a head.
    Dex number-2500
    Or for a more accuracy response what Kaizou 10 said.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

For people who are interested, here are two Young Jump authors' future planning:

- Katsura Masakazu (author of Zetman) = End Part 1 of Zetman → Start Part 2 of Zetman (but, Katsura said he isn't sure if he can finish the series due to his age)

- Morita Masanori (author of Beshari Gurashi) = End Beshari Gurashi (Amateur arc) → Start complete new work (he wishes the series that easy to get animated and get lots of merchandises) → Start Beshari Gurashi (Professional arc)

Oh lovely. End the series with that disturbing how-I-met-your-father arc. Meh.
    And I don't even know what he's talking about, he's never done ANYTHING that was "easy" to get anime adaptation, his strength has always lied in live-action TV drama-like manga stories.

As for Zetman, Katsura you ain't that old, hush.
    Age is no excuse for your slowness.

oh Morita...he's a victim of his own success. his finish to Rookies was about as conclusive as Slam Dunk's "ending," and now he'll do the same with Beshari...

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    And I don't even know what he's talking about, he's never done ANYTHING that was "easy" to get anime adaptation, his strength has always lied in live-action TV drama-like manga stories.
    Yes, that's why he said that his next possible new series will be a gag/character series (which is easy to get anime if it is popular).

What mangakas usually does when they retire?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    For the author who made extreme popularity, like Toriyama and Oda, they mostly don't have to do work anymore since the money gotta come to them no matter what.

But, the mangakas usually don't really retire, most of them still serialize manga even they are old, like Akimoto Osamu and Mizushima Shinji.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Cocaine, hoes and all the other famous rockstar stuff they could never do 24/7 when they had a job.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    For people who are interested, here are two Young Jump authors' future planning:

- Katsura Masakazu (author of Zetman) = End Part 1 of Zetman → Start Part 2 of Zetman (but, Katsura said he isn't sure if he can finish the series due to his age)

- Morita Masanori (author of Beshari Gurashi) = End Beshari Gurashi (Amateur arc) → Start complete new work (he wishes the series that easy to get animated and get lots of merchandises) → Start Beshari Gurashi (Professional arc)
    Great to hear Morita has quite an ambition. Hopefully this time it will get enough translator attention compared to Besahri Gurashi.

Zetman, on the other hand, is a mess, so I don't really know what to expect out of its continuation.

Oh lovely. End the series with that disturbing how-I-met-your-father arc. Meh..
    Since Beshari Gurashi isn't scanlated at all, I don't really know anything about its last arc. What so disturbing there?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    oh Morita...he's a victim of his own success. his finish to Rookies was about as conclusive as Slam Dunk's "ending," and now he'll do the same with Beshari...
    What do you mean by this? I am yet to read the last few volumes of Rookies so what it is up with the ending?

Heads up to anyone intersted, Illuminati Manga have finished scanlating Rookies in December, so give it a read!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Since Beshari Gurashi isn't scanlated at all, I don't really know anything about its last arc. What so disturbing there?
    For two main protagonist, one lost his memory due to the car accident and the other one was turned out that he was accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    Cocaine, hoes and all the other famous rockstar stuff they could never do 24/7 when they had a job.
    Pretty sure there are some manga-kas (Kubo) who do that already.

Shipmate

For two main protagonist, one lost his memory due to the car accident and the other one was turned out that he was accident.
    Well, that doesn't sound that disturbing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Pretty sure there are some manga-kas (Kubo) who do that already.
    Only when his wife lets him.

Man, there's nothing I want more than for Morita to have a title he can coast off of forever, but he totally isn't that sort of marketable artist. One of the best of all time, but not a seller on the scale of those who really don't have to work anymore like Toriyama, Oda and Takahashi can be

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    Man, there's nothing I want more than for Morita to have a title he can coast off of forever, but he totally isn't that sort of marketable artist. One of the best of all time, but not a seller on the scale of those who really don't have to work anymore like Toriyama, Oda and Takahashi can be
    So, that's why he said that he wants to make series which is easier to get animated.

Also, it looks like there is a rumor that Amano Youichi (author of Over Time and Akaboshi) going to start new series in Shounen Jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    How would you feel if you found out yo mama was unwillingly forced to have sex with your daddy because his boss demanded him to, and she only married him to make him pay for it.

So, that's why he said that he wants to make series which is easier to get animated.
    Well, yeah, but my point is that he'd have to have an entirely different skill set to the one he's used his whole career to pull that off. Even with his intent, I just don't see it happening.

Young Jump Issue 8:

How would you feel if you found out yo mama was unwillingly forced to have sex with your daddy because his boss demanded him to, and she only married him to make him pay for it.
    Sounds like the perfect marriage to me

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information