+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 844 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 430 480 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Yeah, I mean, it's pretty important to know your audience. It's precisely for that reason that the post card voting system is catered towards young boys (such as the rewards for sending them in) than anyone else. That said, who knows how kids think. Shingeki no Kyojin has elements people would think would suit more young adults, but it's doing fine in Bessatsu to say the very least.
    You may not know what kids think but you can always guess!

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    I don't belive that SK got axed as such, I'm pretty sure that... Hiroyuki? Was pretty burned out, clearly in it's last arc, and they told him to hurry even more, so he just went and put the "Mikan" in it.

Shaman King brings out so many conflicting feelings to me. It was the first series that I've followed weekly, and saw it crash and burn, and makes me angry now, after the anime was somewhat good, then the early manga is better than it, but then in the middle of the shaman fight it feelt like nothing mattered at all.

The last interesting fight was Horohoro vs Blocken and some hao team groupies that managed to win not through "My number is BIGGER THAN YOURS", or "this battle it's pointless, let it get interrupted and walk away misteriously!" but through strategy, lateral thinking and good ol' shonen powerup.

But then they came, the interrupted battle after interrupted battle after interrupted battle, mass revivals, and useless bathing scenes.
    In the Takei's interview which contained in the booklet for Shaman King DVD box, Takei said that he received notice by the editors about Shaman King's cancellation on 20 weeks before it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    In the Takei's interview which contained in the booklet for Shaman King DVD box, Takei said that he received notice by the editors about Shaman King's cancellation on 20 weeks before it ended.
    So.. he started the Apache fights knowing in full that the series had to end by then?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

265 was the introduction to the concept of the Plants, and 285 was the mikan princes hao chapter.

Considering that at least 3 chapters should have been ready by 265, there was still time to change it, or break the sequence, or do what Takei does best, skip fights.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So.. he started the Apache fights knowing in full that the series had to end by then?

265 was the introduction to the concept of the Plants, and 285 was the mikan princes hao chapter.

Considering that at least 3 chapters should have been ready by 265, there was still time to change it, or break the sequence, or do what Takei does best, skip fights.
    Well, I think even there was time to change, I don't think 20 chapters are enough to wrap-up everything for the series which serialize for more than 200+ chapters. Plus, Takei also complained Shaman King being axed.

Well, I think even there was time to change, I don't think 20 chapters are enough to wrap-up everything for the series which serialize for more than 200+ chapters. Plus, Takei also complained Shaman King being axed.
    I think that while there were enough chapters, there was very little time. But it was impossible from the begining to showcase the final steep of the tournament, and then the final battle and then a satisfyig conclusion. One of these options was optional, he cut the other two.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I think that while there were enough chapters, there was very little time. But it was impossible from the begining to showcase the final steep of the tournament, and then the final battle and then a satisfyig conclusion. One of these options was optional, he cut the other two.
    Well, Shaman King did concluded with the complete edition, so there possibly was a discussion about Takei allowed to have time to conclude the series in future, so I think that's why SK was ended like that.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-11/forensic-science-manga-smoking-gun-gets-live-action-show
    Grand Jump'll never deserve its own thread here, really, so worth posting here (in a sister magazine's thread) that one of its best titles is getting a live-action TV show. I am excited. People should be excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-11/forensic-science-manga-smoking-gun-gets-live-action-show
    Grand Jump'll never deserve its own thread here, really, so worth posting here (in a sister magazine's thread) that one of its best titles is getting a live-action TV show. I am excited. People should be excited.
    Oh, so we're allowed to post the information any Jump magazines in this thread?

Also, it looks like Grand Jump series is finally getting some media attention. First Dr. DMAT, and now Somking Gun. I wonder if any other GJ series have chance to get anime.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Shaman King is the only one that comes immediately to mind as 200+ chapters blatantly ending before it was meant to (its later redone ending not-withstanding). What were some of the others? I always figured Hikaru No Go dropped like a rock after Sai left, that its last arc wasn't meant to BE its last arc.
    Nurari for example.
    That was an obvious cancellation, although it got the Busou Renkin treatment of allowing chapters in NEXT to finish. (still very rushed though)

And yet something like Medaka, with below-protection sales threshhold and shoddy poll rankings, can get a proper closure.

453 :p2-user: 1130194 p2-client-ip: 182.249.242.9:2014/01/14(火) 12:46:43.09 ID:ND/Vvmb5Pあにせ
    けくろ
    まそう
    しさい
    てわー
    おぶり
    めこち
    であい
    とべる
    うはち
    ごこい

H&Kなる
    Cぎんにせ
    Yエジソンの人、山本亮平

502 :
    名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2014/01/14(火) 13:35:07.63 ID:Pa1HS8NV0まとめ

(表紙暗殺)
    ハイキュー巻頭
    ?ワンピ ナルト 暗殺 ソーマ 磯部 銀魂 読みきりC (休載トリコ)

ニセコイ
    黒子
    ソウルC
    斉木
    トリガー
    ブリーチC

アイアン
    べるぜ
    ハチ

表紙巻頭ナルト
    C銀魂ニセコイ
    読み切り エジソンの人、山本亮平
    Shounen Jump Issue 8 Bottom 11:
    Nisekoi
    Kuroko no Basket
    Soul Catcher(S) (CP)
    Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
    World Trigger
    Bleach (CP)
    Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
    Iron Knight
    Beelzebub
    Hachi
    Koi no Cupid Yakenohara Jin

Toriko (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 9:
    Cover, Lead CP: Naruto
    CP: Gintama, Nisekoi
    One Shot: One Shot by Watanabe Kizuku (author of Koisuru Edison), One Shot by Yamamoto Ryouhei
    Absent: Toriko
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; January 13th, 2014 at 09:56 PM.

Does Young Jump uses the same voting format as Shonen Jump for placement of manga in the weekly issues?

Bleach gets more "colour" pages.

Jump must save quite a packet for printing costs.

Quote Originally Posted by retvets View Post
    Does Young Jump uses the same voting format as Shonen Jump for placement of manga in the weekly issues?
    It's hard to say. There is an enquiry sheet in every issue like WSJ, but being a seinen magazine, I doubt they get much polls.
    The order may be somewhat reflected by the polls, but since the demographics is adults and young adults, I would think the sales figures factor in for survival than poll counts.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Oh, so we're allowed to post the information any Jump magazines in this thread?

Also, it looks like Grand Jump series is finally getting some media attention. First Dr. DMAT, and now Somking Gun. I wonder if any other GJ series have chance to get anime.
    I figure as long as it doesn't take over the thread it's okay to cross-post from other Jump magazines. They can be interesting things to learn about, but totally wouldn't hold their own threads.

I'm glad to see Grand Jump getting so much attention now, but I think most of their series aren't suited to animation as much as the live-action format. I can see... maybe Bartender a Paris/Tokyo getting animated, but beyond that... it just wouldn't fit.

Ooh or maybe Captain Tsubasa: Rising Sun, now that's debuting (side-note: I'm super excited for that.)

is Iron Knight ranked yet..?
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I think the series start ranking on their 8th chapter. Take this with a grain of salt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    It's hard to say. There is an enquiry sheet in every issue like WSJ, but being a seinen magazine, I doubt they get much polls.
    The order may be somewhat reflected by the polls, but since the demographics is adults and young adults, I would think the sales figures factor in for survival than poll counts.
    I agree with your opinion. I just recently started to follow Young Jump ToC, so I'm not exactly sure how they work. But, I do think the ranking does matter for the series to survive, but it is more flexible than Shounen Jump.

Kingdom Volume 33llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllSamurai Soldier Volume 25

Grand Slam Volume 12llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllCyclops Shoujo Saipuuuu Volume 3

Tokyo Ghoul Volume 10llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllBakumatsu Gurentai Volume 2

Gunjou Senki Volume 1
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; January 14th, 2014 at 08:46 AM.

Yotanwa......
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Issue #8 TOC
    Assassination Classroom (Cover)
    Haikyuu!! (Lead CP)
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Isobe Isobee Monogatari
    Shokugeki no Soma
    Gintama
    Palutenon-kun (Center Colour, Oneshot)
    Nisekoi
    Kuroko no Basket
    Soul Catcher(S) (Center Colour)
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    World Trigger
    Bleach (Center Colour)
    Kochikame
    Iron Knight
    Beelzebub
    Hachi
    Koi no Cupid

Absent: Toriko

Issue #9 Info
    Lead CP/Cover: Naruto
    Center Colour: Nisekoi, Gintama
    Oneshot: From the Author of Koisuru Edison
    Absent: World Trigger, Toriko
    Last edited by auem; January 15th, 2014 at 06:59 AM.

Oneshot: Author of Koisuru Edison
    What a strange name for an oneshot.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information