+ Reply to Thread
Page 377 of 844 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377 378 379 387 427 477 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 16874

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

So was kinda wondering if there is some data on total OP sales in 2013 yet, even though it is still early January.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    So was kinda wondering if there is some data on total OP sales in 2013 yet, even though it is still early January.
    There were articles about total manga sales for 2013 on ann a couple of weeks ago.^^

By Series
    By Volume

Are those titles from Jump SQ popular? Cause I never have heard of any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I'm not reading anything in Jump SQ currently, so I'm probably not the best person to speak on this, but Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) is probably the most popular, I would guess. Anything part of an established franchise (Prince of Tennis, To Love-Ru, Rosario to Vampire) is probably also fairly popular. And there are other long-running series in the magazine like Claymore—and D.Gray-man runs in Jump SQ when it's not on hiatus, right? Other than that, I'm not sure.

By the way, does anyone here read Tegami Bachi? I’ve seen a few color pages of it recently and I like the "mood" and colors. Seems like it could be an interesting series.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Some popular and some not. SQ gives color page when they release something, like new volume.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'm not reading anything in Jump SQ currently, so I'm probably not the best person to speak on this, but Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) is probably the most popular, I would guess. Anything part of an established franchise (Prince of Tennis, To Love-Ru, Rosario to Vampire) is probably also fairly popular. And there are other long-running series in the magazine like Claymore—and D.Gray-man runs in Jump SQ when it's not on hiatus, right? Other than that, I'm not sure.
    Currently well known SQ. series are Embalming, Claymore, Tegami Bachi, Rosario to Vampire, Gag Manga Biyori, Houkago no Oujisama, Shin Tennis no Oujisama, Ao no Exorcist, D.Gray-man (hiatus), Kakko Kawaii Sengen!, To Love-Ru Darkness, Gate 7 (hiatus), and Owari no Seraph.

1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi, Teiichi no Kuni, and Kono Oto Tomare! aren't really well known series, but it is currently getting very good reception and getting media attention as well.

Gamma, Te to Kuchi, and Sousei no Onmyouji are still young, but they are getting very good reception. So, I think those three have possibility to become hit series as well.

The rest of them are either no-so-popular or just too young to judge.
    Last edited by Kaizou 10; January 7th, 2014 at 09:16 AM.

The one-shot Gazer was not bad.
    Certainly feels refined, written by a veteran. Even if that veteran is self-claimed and none of his early works are known.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Where did you found that information? The yearly sales of 1995-96? and is there other years?

What do you mean for on top? That it was the number 1? or in the Top 10/5/3?
    I don't believe that in 1995 it surpassed Slam Dunk. Slam Dunk ended middle 1996 so is possible that Rurouni Kenshin surpassed it than.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It endured until 1998 with Rurouni Kenshin as the magazine Ace!
    Rurouni Kenshin lived 4 years wit the magazine as #1 and 2 years wit the magazine as #2. Of those 4 years as #1, 1.5 years were alone, without the big hitters Dragon Ball and Slam Dunk.
    yes i know about it being no1 in WSJ.. my question was about WSJ as a magazine.. isn't that other magazine manage to take the top spot with Case Closed and GTO.. but maybe was just a rumor..

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    The one-shot Gazer was not bad.
    Certainly feels refined, written by a veteran. Even if that veteran is self-claimed and none of his early works are known.
    Could you elaborate ?

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Could you elaborate ?
    I believe it means that Miura's early works are unpopular.

No, I mean literally what I said.

Tadahiro Miura claims he's been in the business for over 20 years, since 1991.
    But no one knows what he did for 20 years until he debuted in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisoga View Post
    yes i know about it being no1 in WSJ.. my question was about WSJ as a magazine.. isn't that other magazine manage to take the top spot with Case Closed and GTO.. but maybe was just a rumor..
    That is exactly what I'm talking about! Until 1998 Rurouni Kenshin was the magazine Ace and the magazine was #1 Magazine sales and popularity wise! If I was only talking of when Rurouni Kenshin became the ace of the magazine that would be the middle of 1996 when Slam Dunk ended.

Detective Conan Case Closed is from Weekly Shonen Sunday, while GTO were from Weekly Shonen Magazine. They are from different Magazines! Shonen Sunday never surpassed Shonen Jump, at least not in the dark times of Weekly Shonen Jump during 1998-2002.
    Shonen Magazine surpassed and was #1(with Shonen Jump being #2) during those 5 years, surprisingly GTO run in that magazine from 1997 to 2002, and was the magazine Ace. If we don't count the year where GTO was rookie(is first year) than we can assume that title was a major reason for the magazine to become #1.

In that manga, the Togashi parody, they author is just making a joke. as I said Rurouni Kenshin was in his last 2 years at the time when the magazine went down to #2 and Detective Conan never kicked Rurouni Kenshin ass, given that his magazine never surpassed RK magazine.
    For that matter a similar joke could be made to One Piece, because One Piece run for 5 years below GTO relatively to the magazines positions.

Thats a very sad thing you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    That is exactly what I'm talking about! Until 1998 Rurouni Kenshin was the magazine Ace and the magazine was #1 Magazine sales and popularity wise! If I was only talking of when Rurouni Kenshin became the ace of the magazine that would be the middle of 1996 when Slam Dunk ended.

Detective Conan Case Closed is from Weekly Shonen Sunday, while GTO were from Weekly Shonen Magazine. They are from different Magazines! Shonen Sunday never surpassed Shonen Jump, at least not in the dark times of Weekly Shonen Jump during 1998-2002.
    Shonen Magazine surpassed and was #1(with Shonen Jump being #2) during those 5 years, surprisingly GTO run in that magazine from 1997 to 2002, and was the magazine Ace. If we don't count the year where GTO was rookie(is first year) than we can assume that title was a major reason for the magazine to become #1.

In that manga, the Togashi parody, they author is just making a joke. as I said Rurouni Kenshin was in his last 2 years at the time when the magazine went down to #2 and Detective Conan never kicked Rurouni Kenshin ass, given that his magazine never surpassed RK magazine.
    For that matter a similar joke could be made to One Piece, because One Piece run for 5 years below GTO relatively to the magazines positions.
    nice.. thanks for the clarification.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

A part of me wonders if his "being in the business" was just being a professional assistant prior to actually having a serial, but A) that's depressing and B) I think the only connection I'm aware of with him and other authors is that Saeki Shun worked under him, so god knows where his claim is based.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Maybe he was just making doijinshi under a pen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    Maybe he was just making doijinshi under a pen name.
    Although it is possible that he was in adult market or doujin markets before going pro, unless there was a drastic change in art style, they will be spotted rather easily. If he was drawing doujin for 20 years, there's no way he wouldn't be identified, especially considering how good his art is.

It's likely that he was an assistant. But 20 years of assistant before going pro is... wow.
    It would explain why his skillset feel far more advanced than what you'd expect from a rookie, but still, you should have a will of steel to endure two freakin' decades.

He graduated from Kyoto Seika University, a school famous for specializing in media art, with degree in manga.
    So he probably really did do something in the industry. Whatever that something is.

Maybe he's actually Togashi under a pen name after two decades of hiding his ability to actually draw

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

I am suddenly reminded of that scene in Death Note where L admits that he is in fact not only the best, but also the second and third best detective in the world.
    Sneaky Togashi.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Although it is possible that he was in adult market or doujin markets before going pro, unless there was a drastic change in art style, they will be spotted rather easily. If he was drawing doujin for 20 years, there's no way he wouldn't be identified, especially considering how good his art is.

It's likely that he was an assistant. But 20 years of assistant before going pro is... wow.
    It would explain why his skillset feel far more advanced than what you'd expect from a rookie, but still, you should have a will of steel to endure two freakin' decades.

He graduated from Kyoto Seika University, a school famous for specializing in media art, with degree in manga.
    So he probably really did do something in the industry. Whatever that something is.
    Has no one asked him about his previous work or work as an assistant? Is it impolite?

This Week's Jump Comic Sales:

01. Ao no Exorcist #12 (214,948 / 491,658)
    02. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #7 (210,266 / 459,919)
    04. Toriko #28 (130,743)
    06. Nisekoi #10 (93,725)
    07. Haikyuu!! #9 (92,708)
    09. Owari no Seraph #4 (67,479)
    10. Beelzebub #25 (66,278)
    19. Kinnikuman #45 (46,586)
    21. Tegami Bachi #17 (42,138)
    27. Kuroko no Basket #25 (37,093 / 609,969)
    32. Naruto #67 (34,499 / 956,961)
    36. One Piece #72 (33,209 / 2,664,403)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information