+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 844 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 16865

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

My two cents. I don't particularly like high ecchi things too often like To-Love-Ru and Fairy Tail, but I was immediately drawn to Shokugeki no Souma since its initial chapter for a few reasons

-Dat art. Doesn't matter if it's girls or food, Tosh is incredibly in terms of his detail and skill.
    -Writing. Tosh isn't just doing it himself, he's paired off with another guy who's doing the story. The premise is great, it's done with consulting of an actual cook and gastronome, and the buildup is great.
    -Characterization: If the appeal of SnS was purely through its fanservice, I think it would have died after people realized that all that happened was that Souma made girls foodgasm. When Souma enters the academy, in ~chapter 4 or so, he immediately shows off the type of character he is.

So while it may be good to judge a work after 25-50 chapters of buildup, I highly doubt that Souma's appeal to its audience comes purely from its fanservice, and anyone who judges it purely on the fact that it has those scenes (done extremely creatively for the past 10-20 chapters, especially) really needs to let go of that part of their judgement because the entirety of it is pretty incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    No I don't, I have plenty of moe stuff myself.
    I dislike obsession over it. Like 90% of the shit he buys is that. His room is loli everyfuckingwhere.
    lolz. ok np. but anyway, ya, there r other reasons. i'm a Muslim, so like i said, fanservice and i don't get along well :)
    u should kill ur friend, btw :))

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

I often compare Souma to Yakitate Japan in my mind as the reactions invoke similar feelings to me. However, Souma's characters draw me way more in - the increasingly absurd reactions in YJ and the often stale humour really made me lose interest in the second half of the story. I can't see this happening to Souma in the near future as there is plenty of plot left to explore.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Out of curiosity: How is Shounas fanservice outside of the Foodgasm panels? Are there any cases of "kyaaa, all my clothing got shredded to bits in front of everyone" or "kyaaaa, a man fell on me in the womens bath" or "kyaaaa circumstances force me to wear this embarrasing outift" sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Out of curiosity: How is Shounas fanservice outside of the Foodgasm panels? Are there any cases of "kyaaa, all my clothing got shredded to bits in front of everyone" or "kyaaaa, a man fell on me in the womens bath" or "kyaaaa circumstances force me to wear this embarrasing outift" sort of thing.
    Not really much, unless you count the girls wearing swimsuits because they are in swimming pool counts as fanservice scene.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

For anyone interested, here is the current line-up for Jump SQ. (the monthly version of Weekly Shounen Jump):

- Embalming -The Another Tale of Frankenstein- by Watsuki Nobuhiro
    - Parman no Jounetsuteki na Hibi by Fujiko Fujio A
    - Claymore by Yagi Tomohiro
    - Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki
    - Rosario to Vampire Season II by Ikeda Akihisa
    - Masuda Kousuke Gekijou Gag Manga Biyori by Masuda Kousuke
    - Houkago no Oujisama by Konomi Takeshi and Sakura Kenichi
    - Shin Tennis no Oujisama by Konomi Takeshi
    - Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue
    - D.Gray-man by Hoshino Katsura (Hiatus)
    - Kakko Kawaii Sengen! by Jigoku no Misawa
    - To Love-Ru Darkness by Yabuki Kentarou and Hasemi Saki
    - Gate 7 by Clamp (Hiatus)
    - Boku no Manga by Kataoka Ryousuke
    - 1/11 Juuichi Bun no Ichi by Nakamura Takatoshi
    - Teiichi no Kuni by Furuya Usamaru
    - Kono Oto Tomare! by Amyuu
    - Talento Funsouki Koppy by Koppy
    - Owari no Seraph by Kagami Takaya, Yamamoto Yamato and Furuya Daisuke
    - γ -Gamma- by Ogino Jun
    - Te to Kuchi by Ohsaki Tmohito and Kawashita Mizuki
    - Fantasma by Kaku Yuuji
    - Taishou Roman Oni-san Yameteee!! by Himaruya Hidekazu
    - Shinai Naru Koroshiya-sama by Petenshi
    - Sousei no Onmyouji by Sukeno Yoshiaki
    - Second Brain by Takahashi Akira
    - Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane by Psych-Pass Production Committee, Miyoshi Hikaru, Amano Akira, and Urobuchi Gen (Online)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Holy shit Claymore's still running?
    Yes, it is still running.

Its pretty much a shambling zombie.

Soma is entering the current election arc. I wonder if the current trend of 1 presentation per person per chapter might cause arc fatigue and affect the ranks. But I do prefer it the current way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Regular/usual shounen fanservice things of nature I think you are asking pretty much is not present.
    Last edited by Sarun; January 2nd, 2014 at 01:21 PM.

Jump SQ. February Issue Cover:

Preview Shots of Sengoku Basara 4〜Shima Sakon ga Umareta Hi〜 (Upcoming One Shot):

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    - D.Gray-man by Hoshino Katsura (Hiatus)
    I seemed to recall hearing that it had been outright cancelled quite some time ago...?
    Then again, volume 24 came out a few months ago... and I think I heard that thing about it being cancelled at least a year before that... Maybe that info was just plain incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
    I seemed to recall hearing that it had been outright cancelled quite some time ago...?
    Then again, volume 24 came out a few months ago... and I think I heard that thing about it being cancelled at least a year before that... Maybe that info was just plain incorrect.
    That rumor is a fake. Someone translated the page about DGM going to be hiatus due to Hoshino's illness incorrectly, that's why.

Claymore has basically become Naruto.

Loves Delicious Portraits BoomerKoala's Avatar

Why do I hve the feeling that the sengoku basara one shot is drawn by the guy who did all the background characters in Toriko? Shimabu's assistant maybe?

It's like barely past the "eeew girls are yucky!" phase of pre-adolescence, and into "icky sexy pics are for dirty icky people! A grown up shouldn't read such things!" phase, which should be around like 6-8th grade.

Then in highschool you get to the most annoying "mainstream is for the plebs, I'm too cool to like it" phase.

Spoiler:

Then you become utterly confused in college, not knowing what you even like or dislike, and everyone takes a different path, mostly depending on what exposure you had to impactful work of any kind.

Then finally, in the 30s-40s you come to realize none of this shit matters, you should just not give a flying fuck anymore, and liking something requires nothing apologetic or reasoning, and proceed to just enjoy your own niche.

Then that continues to death.

I am in my early twenties but already in the final phase^^

I wonder why we don't see him in the pic then.
    Isn't that him in the back on the left side?

Jump SQ. March Issue:
    Cover: Sousei no Onmyouji
    Lead CP: Ao no Exorcist
    CP: Rosario to Vampire Season II (End), Taishou Roman Oni-san Yameteee!!, Sousei no Onmyouji, Second Brain, Mazoku no Oshigoto。(One Shot by Satou Yuuki)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Isn't that him in the back on the left side?
    that has to be 'stupid' Iwanbo(who later turn out to be a puppet run from inside).....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    that has to be 'stupid' Iwanbo(who later turn out to be a puppet run from inside).....
    No, I think Monkey King is pointing out the guy closest to the middle on the left. The tall guy in the back. Which I thought could be him at first, too, but it's probably Henya, the really thin guy who was playing batman and dropping explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    No, I think Monkey King is pointing out the guy closest to the middle on the left. The tall guy in the back. Which I thought could be him at first, too, but it's probably Henya, the really thin guy who was playing batman and dropping explosives.

Last edited by King Cannon; January 4th, 2014 at 10:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information