+ Reply to Thread
Page 374 of 843 FirstFirst ... 274 324 364 372 373 374 375 376 384 424 474 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,480 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #7461

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Basically what DarthAsthma is trying to say is that Souma uses those fanservice-like pictures at the ends of a chapter or a story arc to make the big moment, the climax, a lot stronger and clearer to the readers, which is what the series can be easily distinguished by. If that's something that puts people off, like I very easily could see happening, it's no wonder someone would not enjoy it.

    But in terms of pure fanservice, the author either got bored of it or was told to change it into different, less sexualized scenes because, as opposed to the start of the series, the focus is now on the big reactions the incredibly delicious foods cause in the people eating them and not on them having orgasms.

    See this?
    Spoiler:

    This is the extent of the fanservice-y bits today.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

  2. #7462
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    See this?

    This is the extent of the fanservice-y bits today.
    Why everyone only using that example?

  3. #7463

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Because it was me who posted that four pages ago and it was the easiest page to find. ;D
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

  4. #7464
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    Because it was me who posted that four pages ago and it was the easiest page to find. ;D
    Okay, I'll give other examples for non-ecchi scenes from Souma:

    Spoiler:

  5. #7465

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Just a display of variety:
    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    I didn't nitpick these, those are just the tastegasm shots I could find from the last ~15 chapters or so from memory(meaning I could have missed one inbetween).

  6. #7466

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    loooolz. it was all going smooth until u posted the 2nd pic, DarthAsthma.

    but anyway, i can't say for sure, but i'll try to give it a chance (while skipping the fanservice parts).

    thanks, guys :)

  7. #7467

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Well, the artist is a former hentai mangaka so there's bound to be at least some sexualized scenes every now and then. :P

    Not as much as there used to be, though. Shueisha has its standards.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

  8. #7468

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Yes like I said this was the only one a bit ecchi since a very long time. Souma fanservice is almost non existent nowadays and you have to be very picky to says the countrary.

  9. #7469

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    I have a question. Should I upload the Jump SQ. information in here or prefer to make Jump SQ. thread?
    It doesn't seem like we'd be opposed to it, and Jump SQ.'s monthly anyway so it shouldn't be 'disruptive'. At worst, it'll probably run into the issue of not enough of us being familiar with a high number of its series.

  10. #7470

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsukakashi View Post
    loooolz. it was all going smooth until u posted the 2nd pic, DarthAsthma.

    but anyway, i can't say for sure, but i'll try to give it a chance (while skipping the fanservice parts).

    thanks, guys :)
    You really need to understand that I'm not trying to prove that there isn't any erotic stuff in Soma. I have no interest in trying to deceive you to get you to read the series. Seriously I don't give a damn if you do or don't. What I challenge are your very faulty preconceptions about what Soma is and what role those "fan service shots" in the series take.

    So I'm not even sure what smooth in this case even means. It's not really going smooth at all the way you keep missing the point.
    As I said above it's a display of variety. Nothing else.

    Heck the way you seem to dislike everything even remotely sexual and put it down as inferior really makes me question your scope of understanding it.
    At the end of the day eroticism, sex and all that are just another set of tools in representing something/telling a story. It's the way you use/treat them that will determine if it's just cheap "porn" or not.

    But whatever I don't see you getting beyond the point of "people like Soma fanservice = horny lulz pervs".
    Last edited by DarthAsthma; January 2nd, 2014 at 09:24 AM.

  11. #7471
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    It doesn't seem like we'd be opposed to it, and Jump SQ.'s monthly anyway so it shouldn't be 'disruptive'. At worst, it'll probably run into the issue of not enough of us being familiar with a high number of its series.
    Okay, then I'll upload Jump SQ. ToC in here as well.

  12. #7472
    Discovered Stowaway fana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    France

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I'm beginning to hate the word "fanservice". Either it completely lost its meaning nowadays or I must have a completely different definition for that word.

  13. #7473

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Okay, then I'll upload Jump SQ. ToC in here as well.
    Cool, thanks! (Even if I don't know what is in Jump SQ)

    Is that where Liar Game is on, when it's not in hiatus?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  14. #7474

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    It's like barely past the "eeew girls are yucky!" phase of pre-adolescence, and into "icky sexy pics are for dirty icky people! A grown up shouldn't read such things!" phase, which should be around like 6-8th grade.

    Then in highschool you get to the most annoying "mainstream is for the plebs, I'm too cool to like it" phase.

    Spoiler:

    Then you become utterly confused in college, not knowing what you even like or dislike, and everyone takes a different path, mostly depending on what exposure you had to impactful work of any kind.

    Then finally, in the 30s-40s you come to realize none of this shit matters, you should just not give a flying fuck anymore, and liking something requires nothing apologetic or reasoning, and proceed to just enjoy your own niche.

    Then that continues to death.

    Last edited by Aohige_AP; January 2nd, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

  15. #7475
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Cool, thanks! (Even if I don't know what is in Jump SQ)

    Is that where Liar Game is on, when it's not in hiatus?
    Liar Game is serializing in Weekly Young Jump, not Jump SQ.

    Do you want to know the current line-up for Jump SQ.?

  16. #7476

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    You really need to understand that I'm not trying to prove that there isn't any erotic stuff in Soma. I have no interest in trying to deceive you to get you to read the series. Seriously I don't give a damn if you do or don't. What I challenge are your very faulty preconceptions about what Soma is and what role those "fan service shots" in the series take.

    So I'm not even sure what smooth in this case even means. It's not really going smooth at all the way you keep missing the point.
    As I said above it's a display of variety. Nothing else.

    Heck the way you seem to dislike everything even remotely sexual and put it down as inferior really makes me question your scope of understanding it.
    At the end of the day eroticism, sex and all that are just another set of tools in representing something/telling a story. It's the way you use/treat them that will determine if it's just cheap "porn" or not.

    But whatever I don't see you getting beyond the point of "people like Soma fanservice = horny lulz pervs".
    i was just joking that i was just barely getting convinced that it's not as perverted as people told me it is, and then u posted that pic. it was a joke, and i know u were showing me some variable pics. i dunno how it wasn't obvious i'm joking here.
    like i said, i didn't say all who read soma are horny pervs... my whole point was that it became famous from the very start, so i deduced some japanese voters liked it for the fanservice. and i can't get beyond that point cause it's still plausible, since u guys still proved it had heavier ecchi in the beginning. me being convinced it changes later on, and that it has an awesome story "later on" is something else.
    everything can be a tool to telling a story, but that doesn't mean everyone should cope with all those tools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    It's like barely past the "eeew girls are yucky!" phase of pre-adolescence, and into "icky sexy pics are for dirty icky people! A grown up shouldn't read such things!" phase, which should be around like 6-8th grade.
    lolz. and no, there r more reasons to stuff than phases and trying to look cool and different. u also dislike moe anyway, no?

  17. #7477

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Liar Game is serializing in Weekly Young Jump, not Jump SQ.

    Do you want to know the current line-up for Jump SQ.?
    Go ahead .
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  18. #7478
    Shipmate Kaizou 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Planet Earth

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Go ahead .
    Sure I'll upload the list.

  19. #7479

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsukakashi View Post
    u also dislike moe anyway, no?
    No I don't, I have plenty of moe stuff myself.
    I make fun of his obsession over it. Like 90% of the shit he buys is that. His room is loli everyfuckingwhere.

  20. #7480

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    If only we lived in a world where we could form our own opinions by experiencing something ourselves rather than having to rely on word of mouth. That would be a fine place~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts