+ Reply to Thread
Page 371 of 844 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Their dreams.

The message is, "Speaking out your dreams is strength"
    By actually expressing your dream out loud, you strengthen it and the determination to make it happen.

That sort of thing.
    Alright.

Ichigo has dreams ?

Quote Originally Posted by poque View Post
    Wasn't Ichogos dream to be strong enough to protect his friends? I'm not sure, I have dropped Bleach long time ago.
    Was it? When I look at Bleach, it is mostly about just situational goal.

What I mean is that, for example, when Luffy solved the conflict from the arc (like Alabasta, Water Seven, etc., etc.), he can still move toward his main goal (become pirate king). For Ichigo, whenever the arc is finished (like Espada arc), he really has nothing to do until some sort of new enemies are introduced.

So, I wonder what Ichigo wants to become at the end. Just become strong enough to protect his friend? That kind of sounds like similar with Bellamy (just become strong).

Quote Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
    I just love how energetic and unique the characters in HQ are drawn, whereas Souma to me looks like the "generic anime style," if that's even a thing, and I've never understood its appeal even though it's very popular.
    I agree with you totally. Tosh art is sure nice but I wouldn't say it is very personal. I'm not sure I would recognize his other works if I didn't he drew them. Souma is more interesting for me thanks to his writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I agree with you totally. Tosh art is sure nice but I wouldn't say it is very personal. I'm not sure I would recognize his other works if I didn't he drew them. Souma is more interesting for me thanks to his writer.
    I don't get that part. What do you mean?

It is Souma's story that attract me more and i think it the same with most of the people who read it....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Considering that Luffy is talking about a king, and "ore wa naru tsu", and Naruto's has "fire" in it, they are stating their new year resolutions?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    It is Souma's story that attract me more and i think it the same with most of the people who read it....
    I think the beginning, the naked girls attracted people; but, they now care for Souma's story.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Considering that Luffy is talking about a king, and "ore wa naru tsu", and Naruto's has "fire" in it, they are stating their new year resolutions?
    I think it's a panel from the manga, not a new phrase. At least Luffy's is, which is the only one I can read (he says his "I'm gonna be the pirate king" / "Kaizoku ou ni, ore wa naru").

Quote Originally Posted by Ike79 View Post
    I think it's a panel from the manga, not a new phrase. At least Luffy's is, which is the only one I can read (he says his "I'm gonna be the pirate king" / "Kaizoku ou ni, ore wa naru").
    All of them are from the actual panels; none of them are actually redrawn by the authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    I don't get that part. What do you mean?
    Sorry i forgot a word. If I don't know by advance he is drawing, I wouldn't recognize him because he hasn't a distinctive art.

Sorry i forgot a word. If I don't know by advance he is drawing, I wouldn't recognize him because he hasn't a distinctive art.
    Well, I do agree that Saeki doesn't really have distinctive art, but he has the artwork which many manga/anime fans like, able to draw pretty girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
    I just love how energetic and unique the characters in HQ are drawn, whereas Souma to me looks like the "generic anime style," if that's even a thing, and I've never understood its appeal even though it's very popular.
    well, like Kaizou just mentioned, it's the naked girls and fanservice. and it's exactly as u're saying "soma looks like the generic anime style". i've always had that in mind, but couldn't find the right word for it. and ya, that's probably exactly the reason; fanservice + anime style of drawing = almost like a high-budgeted fanservice anime in comics-form or something. i'm not dissing here, and i dunno anything about soma (i don't read fanservice), but imo, fans would give stories a chance, even if the story is not that good, just cause they initially got hooked from the pervy stuff. again, i dunno soma's story, so sorry if i'm mistaken... it's just my experience with series overall (what's in my mind: fairy tail).

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

High Kyuu!! is almost definitely what I'd call the most artistically strong title in Jump at present at least since KAITO wrapped up Cross Manage. It's scratchy style and willingness to stretch and bend anatomy in the name of the team's bird motif is stunning. It's also super-expressive and junk, so that's nice too. Scans never really do it justice for me.

But then there are few titles in Jump where I'd say the art was lacking at the moment. Most are fit for their genre, at the very least.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Just like how the story of Fairytail attracts people ...........

Quote Originally Posted by ZoroFTW9 View Post
    Just like how the story of Fairytail attracts people ...........
    FT often has more fan service and less story...same thing can't be said about Souma...though it is early days to predict what would happen in future,but i find the Souma's writer quite balanced....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    But I thought Giorno became a GANG*STAR back in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    But I thought Giorno became a GANG*STAR back in the 90s.
    I think Maxterderxter is possibly wrong. I agree with Aohige that the article is about their dreams.

Yeah, I just took a stab to the dark, Aohige actualy knows.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Luffy: Kaizokuou ni ore wa naru!!
    Naruto: Ore ga narite- no wa hokage da!!
    Toriko: Get into a COMBO with me, and let's make the most awesome FULL COURSE together!
    Kuroko: Now we're gonna WIN!!

can't read the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsukakashi View Post
    well, like Kaizou just mentioned, it's the naked girls and fanservice. and it's exactly as u're saying "soma looks like the generic anime style". i've always had that in mind, but couldn't find the right word for it. and ya, that's probably exactly the reason; fanservice + anime style of drawing = almost like a high-budgeted fanservice anime in comics-form or something. i'm not dissing here, and i dunno anything about soma (i don't read fanservice), but imo, fans would give stories a chance, even if the story is not that good, just cause they initially got hooked from the pervy stuff. again, i dunno soma's story, so sorry if i'm mistaken... it's just my experience with series overall (what's in my mind: fairy tail).
    I think you have false predjudice against Souma. If you read it for fanservice you can only end disappointed. Last chapter quite proved that. Well pervy boys had that special chapter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information