+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 844 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 537 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

News Jump 2011: Double Arts mangaka is back.
    Last edited by Nekketsu; December 3rd, 2010 at 05:50 AM.

Shipmate

Three years later he returns?

Huff huff

I don't believe it

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    One-Shot or full series? And which Jump?

Forgive me, but I've never heard of this guy or any of his manga. Is this a good sign or a bad one?

Double Arts was a really good series that ran last year but was cancelled pretty early on which spawned a last chapter that caused much rage.

He's done a fair few oneshots, all of which have been pretty awesome.

Damn you Nekketsu for posting first that Double Arts was returning then editing later that it was just the mangaka. >:

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    Forgive me, but I've never heard of this guy or any of his manga. Is this a good sign or a bad one?
    Three years ago Komi Naoshi made a very promising debute - just to be cancelled at chapter 21. If he was allowed to continue, I'd say, by now he would have become the best Jump newcomer since 2008, 2005 or even 2000.

You can read his manga series and one shots here.

I don't see why none of these authors don't try and get published with another series once they fail in WSJ, The author of cyborg 009 did this.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Takaho View Post
    Double Arts was a really good series that ran last year but was cancelled pretty early on which spawned a last chapter that caused much rage.

He's done a fair few oneshots, all of which have been pretty awesome.

Damn you Nekketsu for posting first that Double Arts was returning then editing later that it was just the mangaka. >:
    Why rage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    I read a few chapters of Enigma as well and it seemed pretty interesting. Definitely hasn't blown its load too early since where I left off we still knew next to nothing about the plot. Good potential though.
    I'm kinda suprised it's doing so well , because I thought little kids wouldn't have that much patience with the very first story presented in the series .

Then again it has brocolli head as a main character so chances are it would do well .
    Last edited by No Maam; December 3rd, 2010 at 09:18 AM.

Every day, I pray for a new series by Matsuei Yuusei. After his fantastic first series which ended exactly as he wanted it to I don't understand why he hasn't come up with a new series yet:(

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Dang it! I thought Double Arts was returning for a little bit! Double Arts was easily what I considered one of the best manga; if not the best in my personal opinion in recent years.

Why rage ?
    I think he's referring more to the fact that it was the last chapter. The last chapter was bacially an "I'd like to continue this if I ever get the chance" chapter.

I'm definitely going to try out any new series he's making though.

Quote Originally Posted by bunshindattebayo View Post
    One-Shot or full series? And which Jump?
    One shot in JUMP's seasonal special JUMP Next (formerly known as Akamaru JUMP). Some line up for Next:

Komi (Double Arts) - "Nisekoi" (54p, Lead Color, One shot) [Love Comedy]
    Furudate (Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya-senpai no Kaidan) - "HQ" or "Haikyuu" (51p, Color, One shot) [Volleyball]

Special chapters (Bangai-hen) for series from JUMP featured in this issue of Next are:
    ・enigma
    ・Medaka Box
    ・Kuroko no Basket
    ・Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
    ・Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
    ・Nurarihyon no Mago
    ・Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
    ・Beelzebub
    夢にときめけ 明日にきらめけ めざせ甲子園!
    by川藤幸一

ehhhhh... I didn't like double arts. I guess lots of people liked it, but I always thought it was only okay. For some reason the character designs felt really like someone's Kingdom Hearts fanart.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
    One shot in JUMP's seasonal special JUMP Next (formerly known as Akamaru JUMP). Some line up for Next:

Furudate (Kiben Gakuha, Yotsuya-senpai no Kaidan) - "HQ" or "Haikyuu" (51p, Color, One shot) [Volleyball]

Special chapters (Bangai-hen) for series from JUMP featured in this issue of Next are:
    ・enigma
    ・Medaka Box
    ・Kuroko no Basket
    ・Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
    ・Hokenshitsu no Shinigami
    ・Nurarihyon no Mago
    ・Oumagadoki Doubutsuen
    Beelzebub
    Here's to hoping these special chapters get scanlated.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
    A Love Comedy? That's cool, I loved his "Koi no Kamisama" one shot and always thought it could've been a fun read if it had been allowed to go on. I've liked most of his one shots too(and Double Arts, what a bummer it got cancelled) so this is great news.

That being said, I'm pumped that Enigma has been doing so good(another CP, damn) but I'm not happy about Nurarihyon's low rankings.
    "As long as I'm alive, I want to die having risen just one step higher."

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

I. Love. Komi. Naoshi.

It's only a matter of time with him really. Double Arts getting canned set him back, but he'll get a long running series eventually.

i still don't see why he didn't just restart the series in another magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    I. Love. Komi. Naoshi.

It's only a matter of time with him really. Double Arts getting canned set him back, but he'll get a long running series eventually.
    With EVERY FUCKING NEW ISSUE OF JUMP. I've been anticipating something new from him.

Hopefully, his next actual series will be appreciated enough to not get screwed over like Double Arts was. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Every day, I pray for a new series by Matsuei Yuusei. After his fantastic first series which ended exactly as he wanted it to I don't understand why he hasn't come up with a new series yet:(
    Mangaka who do long-running series in Jump will usually have a one to two-year break in between serializations.

The only thing I've seen from Matsuei since Neuro's FUCKAWESOME ending was the oneshot Rikon Choutei, but eh. He's sure to have something new eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    i still don't see why he didn't just restart the series in another magazine
    Publisher loyalty keeps most mangaka working for the same magazine.

As for moving the series to another publisher, that only really works with established mangaka who have series that are certain to keep their audience, like how Kurumada Masami moved over to Kadokawa Shoten after being screwed over by Shuueisha.

But Komi's a newbie with only one series under his belt, he wouldn't have much of a chance pulling something like that off.

Not to mention that Shuueisha is apparently the least bullshit publisher to work under.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    Publisher loyalty keeps most mangaka working for the same magazine.

As for moving the series to another publisher, that only really works with established mangaka who have series that are certain to keep their audience, like how Kurumada Masami moved over to Kadokawa Shoten after being screwed over by Shuueisha.

But Komi's a newbie with only one series under his belt, he wouldn't have much of a chance pulling something like that off.

Not to mention that Shuueisha is apparently the least bullshit publisher to work under.
    That explains why takei was able to restart jumbor in Ultimate Jump ( I think it's run in). I only know this because someone in this thread told me about this.

Jumbor's in Ultra Jump. but yeah. Takei has quite the audience, and he seems to be in pretty well with shuueisha overall.

I've never heard of a mangaka being able to pull off what he did with the Shaman King Kanzenban stuff.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    Jumbor's in Ultra Jump. but yeah. Takei has quite the audience, and he seems to be in pretty well with shuueisha overall.

I've never heard of a mangaka being able to pull off what he did with the Shaman King Kanzenban stuff.
    akira toriyama did something similar but it was just 1 chapter difference.

Your right though takei got to actually finish his series which is rare and un-heard of. I'd sure like to see an actual ending to Yu Yu Hakusho instead of the rushed ending.

Also I got to hand it to takei he's now doing just the artwork for series, yeah jumbor was an original concept he came up but the series is being written by another guy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information