+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 844 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364 365 366 374 414 464 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 16873

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    At what point does WT get better? I've like read the first 10 chapters or so but man it's such a slog to go through none of the characters are interesting to me.
    But maybe it's just the type of thing I don't get like Beelzebub.
    It actually starts to get better around chapter 11.. I went back and checked my older issues and chapter 11 is where the story starts to esclate as Yuma gets more involved with Border.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    I actually liked the Fulbringer arc, reminded me of YuYu Hakusho's chapter black.
    Totally! It was that feeling that actually made it one of my favourite arcs in the series. Like it didn't fit in well with what came before, but as a chapter black style mini-arc between ridiculous mega-stories? It was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    At what point does WT get better? I've like read the first 10 chapters or so but man it's such a slog to go through none of the characters are interesting to me.
    But maybe it's just the type of thing I don't get like Beelzebub.
    Seems like every five or so chapters the author expands or details another major facet of the world. So it starts with the role of Border and different types of enemies, then goes into the various ranks and divisions of Border, the uses of trion, different weapons and strategies for battle, the exam/testing system and the role of dueling within the organization, and now the various countries that exist in the other universe (the neighborhood). Again, it hasn't really coalesced into a very strong PLOT yet, but there's an impressively complex foundation of information that points to a very analytical mind running this series, and if he can harness that into a gripping story development it has the potential to be very good.

That's why I like it; it's not a breathless page-turner yet, but it looks like something very special in the making.

If you haven't seen the guy from first page of chapter 1 of world trigger then you should continue until you do.
    It's quite difficult to not like him.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Seems like every five or so chapters the author expands or details another major facet of the world. So it starts with the role of Border and different types of enemies, then goes into the various ranks and divisions of Border, the uses of trion, different weapons and strategies for battle, the exam/testing system and the role of dueling within the organization, and now the various countries that exist in the other universe (the neighborhood). Again, it hasn't really coalesced into a very strong PLOT yet, but there's an impressively complex foundation of information that points to a very analytical mind running this series, and if he can harness that into a gripping story development it has the potential to be very good.

That's why I like it; it's not a breathless page-turner yet, but it looks like something very special in the making.
    World Trigger definitely has the foundation for a very good, long running story.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    WELL!!!

18. World Trigger #3 (50,838)

Ugh. Man I ate poop. Knew the new ranking would be out in a day, but I totally just assumed it wouldn't make it again.

And I genuinely like World Trigger, but their is just so many other series I have liked more. Going back to that whole "Why you say my thing should get cancelled just cuz you don't like it?!?!!?!" thing from a while back.....I would cancel so many World Triggers just to give other series a better shot. And I LIKE AND READ World Trigger.

Ideally, series that get cancelled from JUMP ought to be continued in an another magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Ideally, series that get cancelled from JUMP ought to be continued in an another magazine
    At least the business is not as cutthroat as the american tv business where a show gets canned after a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    At least the business is not as cutthroat as the american tv business where a show gets canned after a couple of weeks.
    only because American TV has viewer ratings for that time slot. Jump viewers buy the magazine as a whole, not per manga. I'd say that it is equally cut throw when you consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    well, at least the good ones. Lord knows 90% of the stuff that gets cancelled it just actually crap.

come to think of it, I've only been personally upset at a series ending like maybe 3 times. Mx0, Oumagadoki, and Magico. And two of those lasted for more than a year, hardly cut down in their infancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondo View Post
    only because American TV has viewer ratings for that time slot. Jump viewers buy the magazine as a whole, not per manga. I'd say that it is equally cut throw when you consider that.
    At least it's possible to try and gain a fanbase in Jump if you start slow out of the gate.There is no way to do that if your 13 episodes season is canned after 2.

Sorry to ask THAT Question, you may be already tired of it, but how much issues do we have still this year? One Issue, right?

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    Sorry to ask THAT Question, you may be already tired of it, but how much issues do we have still this year? One Issue, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    This weeks issue is #52 and it is the last issue of the 2013. The next issue will be the first issue of 2014.

However, the 2013 and 2014 in question aren't calendar years but publishing years which means there will be four more magazine issues until the end of the calendar year.

See publishing schedule.

December-January Schedule:
    #01 : December 02.
    #02 : December 09.
    #03 : December 16.
    #04-05 : December 21 (Saturday because Monday 23 is a Public Holiday).
    Jump Next! 2014 Winter : December 27.
    #06-07 : January 04.
    #08 : January 20.

These are official street dates so if you want that translated to spoiler scanlation dates it will quite likely be like this:

#01 : November 26.
    #02 : December 03.
    #03 : December 10.
    #04-05 : December 16 (Saturday because Monday 23 is a Public Holiday).
    #06-07 : December 30.
    #08 : January 14.
    Technically, yes. Practically, there can be more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Technically, yes. Practically, there can be more than one.
    Thanks alot. So that means, we will get the next Chapter on Dezember the 16. and the next 30. Dezember. And then we have 1 week with no issues, right? Werent there more breaks to that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Takto View Post
    Thanks alot. So that means, we will get the next Chapter on Dezember the 16. and the next 30. Dezember. And then we have 1 week with no issues, right? Werent there more breaks to that time?
    No, because we get the chapters illegally half a week before they are officially released in Japan. This week's chapter is out on Dec 16th in Japan, and the chapter we get next is the one from the double issue of Dec 21st. After that, it'll be a short break for us before we get the next chapter at the end of December/on the first week of January.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    No, because we get the chapters illegally half a week before they are officially released in Japan. This week's chapter is out on Dec 16th in Japan, and the chapter we get next is the one from the double issue of Dec 21st. After that, it'll be a short break for us before we get the next chapter at the end of December/on the first week of January.
    ok, thanks^^. I missed the break after the early chapter which will be released on monday.

Waiting until World Trigger get's to like 50 chapters.

Just a rule I have with manga.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    WT is picking up a lot of steam, storywise. It's not at Togashi's level of mad genius and I think the art style is not attention-grabbing like Soma, but it just gets more and more complex as time goes on. The author has set a very strong foundation, now it's just time to see if he can put a huge, exciting arc into motion. The potential is definitely there, he just has to make good on it.
    there i was, browsing the thread before sleeping, and seeing this near-recommendation piqued my interest. So i went and read it the night before last, got up to date and can safely say I'm hooked. Real nice world-building elements and the fight scenes are logical as well. And what a unique MC development wise.

Anyway just to say thanks for that.

Holy SHI-!!!

THEY CAUGHT THE GUY!! FINALLY!

Yeah you know who I'm talking about, the terrible loser who kept terrorizing Kuroko no Basket events and the fans.
    The sorry excuse of a human being who kept poisoning shit all across the nation, from the school the author attended to, the events, random stores that carried Kuroko snacks, etc.

Right now they need to check to make sure he isn't a copycat, but likelihood of multiples out there are slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Holy SHI-!!!

THEY CAUGHT THE GUY!! FINALLY!

Yeah you know who I'm talking about, the terrible loser who kept terrorizing Kuroko no Basket events and the fans.
    The sorry excuse of a human being who kept poisoning shit all across the nation, from the school the author attended to, the events, random stores that carried Kuroko snacks, etc.

Right now they need to check to make sure he isn't a copycat, but likelihood of multiples out there are slim.
    Excellent news, hope that guy rots

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information