+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 844 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 463 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,260 of 16874

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    I quit reading Bleach 5 or 6 six years ago because it just flat out sucks to me.
    You're missing out on the Fullbringers! The best part of Bleach!

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    You're missing out on the Fullbringers! The best part of Bleach!
    Eh, No. LOL
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    Eh, No. LOL
    Why Me Sad? Tsukishima? Ginjo? Chad doing so much?

Kubo wouldn't give a fuck if Bleach places in last.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Why Me Sad? Tsukishima? Ginjo? Chad doing so much?
    I really don't want to read a manga that would have a chapter about a building falling down in slow motion. Kubo Tite is the type of mangaka that would turn a cockroach into a major character... LOl
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Cockroaches can make great characters. Just look at Johnson from Dorohedoro.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Kubo wouldn't give a fuck if Bleach places in last.
    But he did. That's why the Fullbringer arc, the best thing to come out of Japan, ended so suddenly - because by that point Bleach was losing it's anime AND was constantly at the very bottom of the rankings. Kubo decided to just press the DELTE button and skip as fast as he can to anything remotely good he could think of, just so Bleach wouldn't get dropped. That's probably also the reason why it had so much color pages then - probably Jump editors wanted to do anything to make readers care about Bleach again.

I actually liked the Fulbringer arc, reminded me of YuYu Hakusho's chapter black.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    I actually liked the Fulbringer arc, reminded me of YuYu Hakusho's chapter black.
    Get out .

edit: Wait! Is Hitman Reborn's author making a new manga?
    Last edited by Piitan; December 11th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

That's because it was Kubo's attempt at a Chapter Black arc.

I wonder why Gintama is getting so many color pages lately.

You know, one of my favorite things about the Neh and Bleh thread is that people can bitch about how crappy those series are over there so that it doesn't infect the rest of the forum

I will find a way to catapult you into the Sun if I ever meet you >:O
    Last edited by No Maam; December 11th, 2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Just kidding :P.....but there is no way one can LIKE the Fullbring arc unless one is an enemy of all things good and wonderful :O

3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

For.... for real? :I

Wait. When did people start liking the Fullbring arc? All I ever heard was crap about it. It's my favorite arc........

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    But he did. That's why the Fullbringer arc, the best thing to come out of Japan, ended so suddenly - because by that point Bleach was losing it's anime AND was constantly at the very bottom of the rankings. Kubo decided to just press the DELTE button and skip as fast as he can to anything remotely good he could think of, just so Bleach wouldn't get dropped. That's probably also the reason why it had so much color pages then - probably Jump editors wanted to do anything to make readers care about Bleach again.
    I didn't get that impression at all. After Aizen I was under he impression he planned to have two arcs left, a really short one and a really long one(Fullbring and Quincy) and I actually think the Fullbring arc lasted longer than expected.

And sad to see Hachi at the bottom.
    And I really feel like there is some World Trigger cahooting going on. The volumes don't even place on the top 50 in sales. I haven't seen a series place so high in the TOC and have poor tank sales like this since Enigma, and Enigma would always get 30-40k units too. World Trigger apparently isn't even hitting 18k.

I also find it very surprising how well World Trigger is doing in the TOC without color pages.

Quote Originally Posted by gordanham View Post
    Wait. When did people start liking the Fullbring arc? All I ever heard was crap about it. It's my favorite arc........

I didn't get that impression at all. After Aizen I was under he impression he planned to have two arcs left, a really short one and a really long one(Fullbring and Quincy) and I actually think the Fullbring arc lasted longer than expected.

And sad to see Hachi at the bottom.
    And I really feel like there is some World Trigger cahooting going on. The volumes don't even place on the top 50 in sales. I haven't seen a series place so high in the TOC and have poor tank sales like this since Enigma, and Enigma would always get 30-40k units too. World Trigger apparently isn't even hitting 18k.
    WELL!!!

18. World Trigger #3 (50,838)

WT is picking up a lot of steam, storywise. It's not at Togashi's level of mad genius and I think the art style is not attention-grabbing like Soma, but it just gets more and more complex as time goes on. The author has set a very strong foundation, now it's just time to see if he can put a huge, exciting arc into motion. The potential is definitely there, he just has to make good on it.

At what point does WT get better? I've like read the first 10 chapters or so but man it's such a slog to go through none of the characters are interesting to me.
    But maybe it's just the type of thing I don't get like Beelzebub.

Really glad that World Trigger is slowly getting a safe place in Jump. Enjoying it a lot lately.
    If it can keep that momentum long enough to get an anime, I think it can become huge.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information