+ Reply to Thread
Page 361 of 844 FirstFirst ... 261 311 351 359 360 361 362 363 371 411 461 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I'm not trying to defend anyone in particular.
    I'm just saying that I can't understand the logic that make people wish for a manga they have no interest for to stop being popular.
    You think it's okay while I don't think so. That's all.
    The magazine has 20 slots.
    The series they don't like takes one of them.
    If that series ends, something they do like could take its place.

Alternatively.

The author has talent.
    The talent is being wasted.
    The author would be better off doing something else.

Pretty straightforward either way.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

WSJ #3 Preview:

Luffy Baka
    Minami no shimawa atakai~♪ Paina-puru-puru, atama boka boka, aho baakaaaaaaa!♪
    |Ni ban! - Second verse|
    Kita no shima wa samui♪ Hyakkoi-koi-koi, Atama buru buru, aho baakaaaaaaa!

Who's that frog-like guy on the low left corner?

I think it is the new oneshot, Mitsukubi Condor.

I'm not trying to defend anyone in particular.
    I'm just saying that I can't understand the logic that make people wish for a manga they have no interest for to stop being popular.
    You think it's okay while I don't think so. That's all.
    i agree with you completely.....

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    That is the exact reason I want to see Naruto and Bleach end already.
    yes...and the mangas that will replace those are guaranteed to sustain decade long popularity thenceforth....

most people only see the upper part of the 'food chain'...but mangaka and Jump are not the only one who makes money...various bookstores and vendors make money from selling it..then there are several commodities in the form of toys,cloths,mugs etc. that brings revenue...plenty of artists makes some bucks from selling doujinshi of popular titles...something like Naruto,which has successful movie franchise, brings even more people and establishments to the list.....

you can ditch a story whenever you lose interest....but it hardly warrant that the story should end...
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ike79 View Post
    I think it is the new oneshot, Mitsukubi Condor.
    I guess that's most likely it.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    you can ditch a story whenever you lose interest....but it hardly warrant that the story should end...
    The fact that the story has gone to shit for nearly a decade should warrant it however.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    The fact that the story has gone to shit for nearly a decade should warrant it however.
    but at that point we hit subjective opinion versus sustained popularity and sales and stuff, so surely at best it calls for a less... vitriolic want for it to conclude than the vast majority of [any given long-running title]'s online english-speaking detractors.

Like... I can dig on people wishing a creator was doing something else, or even that they wish a title would conclude, but man... there's a lot of people who express such thoughts in gross ways out here. Not to say that anyone in this thread is consistently like that, but it's kinda the big issue for me when it comes to people death-wishing popular works and such. s'all attitude to me.

If Naruto had kept its quality up, no one would want it to ever end.

But its been terrible for a very long time now, and even the author doesn't care anymore and wants to be done with it. Stretching it out just for the profit is bad for the legacy of the story and the creator.

I wonder if talented manga artists are better off doing what One did and releasing webcomics each week, they could get money from it through advertisements and if they get a good enough fan base someone is bound to want to pick it up

then you'd already have a series with a following and at least you'd stay higher up in the rankings and the possibility of being dropped early on is diminished

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    I dunno man, for all the brilliance that was Double Arts, it had a butt-ton of problems, not the least of which being Naoshi's plot stalling. At least within Nisekoi it's an actual part of having a long-term, successful romance comic, to kick your heels and go off on tangents.

Which, sure, perhaps I'm just defending Nisekoi here, seeing as I love Naoshi's work, but a lot of people seem to go into that title expecting something entirely different to the actual genre trappings it's within.
    LOL i went and read the series while having my brain turned off and even then it was painfully bad .

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    even the author doesn't care anymore and wants to be done with it. Stretching it out just for the profit
    That reminds me of a debate I had in this forum a few months back.
    I don't agree with this conclusion at all.
    I don't see any concrete evidence that he stopped caring or that he's just doing it for profit.
    A decrease of quality, which btw is subjective, is not proof enough for me. That's just sound like an easy explaination people can use to bash an author.
    IMO, it's just the case of an author struggling to wrap up his work like many other mangaka in the past (ex : Urasawa). If I remember it right, Aohige said there's a word in japanese to describe it.

I don't see any concrete evidence that he stopped caring or that he's just doing it for profit.
    A decrease of quality, which btw is subjective, is not proof enough for me. That's just sound like an easy explaination people can use to bash an author.
    IMO, it's just the case of an author struggling to wrap up his work like many other mangaka in the past (ex : Urasawa). If I remember it right, Aohige said there's a word in japanese to describe it.
    So basically you are saying if the author doesn't flat out say it (which he won't) you'll never have enough evidence that he doesn't care.Of course you can say taste is subjective but there are still standards to everything and clearly Naruto has failed in so many aspects.I have liked bad movies or manga as guilty pleasures and i have no problem admitting it.Popularity and taste doesn't disqualify something from being good or bad.

Also Naruto's downward spiral began long before this final arc so i don't know how you can say that Kishimoto is struggling to wrap his story.Unless you are saying that pretty much the whole of part 2 has been the climax then this doesn't really hold up.

A decrease of quality, which btw is subjective, is not proof enough for me.
    Compare the quality of the art in the first 100 chapters to the current work.

Non-subjectively, the art is far worse. There are less details in the clothes and shading, the camera angles are less dynamic and interesting, the female characters look mannish on a consistent basis, the choregraphy of the action scenes has become harder to follow, the character designs have been standardized to a single uniform, the inking is less varied and interesting, and the backgrounds are less detailed than they once were.

You can't look at the art between the two ends and not see the massive decline in quality and effort. There is zero debating against that decline, to do so otherwise would just be arguing for argument's sake.

You can *try* to defend the story as that takes longer to go over point by point, but by most standards of cohesion, pacing, early promises, theme, and characterization, that fell apart long ago as well, but you have to examine it a little closer to go over those points.

Add into that, the fact that Kishimoto is on record as wanting to move on and do a mafia series, and has done a couple of one shots now to break up his schedule, or that the pace of the final arc has slowed to a crawl for no apparent reason, there really is no other possible conclusion than "he wants to be done with it, but is stretching it out because it's popular."

Bleach is a little harder to prove these things because the art is largely the same minimalist characters and blank backgrounds as it always had, (though the author has taken several month long breaks in the recent past) but the story without question went off the rails long ago.

Bleach looks more a visual novel than a proper manga.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Bleach looks more a visual novel than a proper manga.
    Visual novels have backgrounds.

Bleach has to have the worse clothing designs of any series ever.Bland black/white clothes and military uniforms.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

LOL there are far worst problems in Naruto than a simple story wrapping problem .

There are plenty of comics which don't have background. That is part of Kubo style. You like or don't like it. At least you can't say he hasn't been consistent on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    There are plenty of comics which don't have background. That is part of Kubo style. You like or don't like it. At least you can't say he hasn't been consistent on that part.
    Well you could say he's been consistent with alot of things....and none of them terribly good (horrible pacing, ignoring main characters in favour of peripheral characters' underlings, not doing the things he promises in interviews, making SS consistently awful in every concievable way, not making a lick of sense).

Honestly I think it's just him being lazy, as evidenced by him covering two pages with black ink with maybe two small panels on them in total, or one panel and part of the chapter title, if you're lucky.
    Last edited by No Maam; December 10th, 2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Of course I can't draw for shit and publishing in JUMP must be a nightmare in some ways but the dude is getting paid quite well to not waste space with all black/all white.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information