+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 844 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 410 460 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,200 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I'll never understand people wishing for a manga they don't like to stop being successful.
    Naoshi and Matsui are not forcing their fans to buy their manga. They're buying it because they enjoy it.
    Is it that hard to accept that other people can have a completely different opinion on a manga ?
    Well said. Seriously guys, if some of you don't like it, just turn around and look for something that may be of your appeal. No one is forcing you to read it.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Well said. Seriously guys, if some of you don't like it, just turn around and look for something that may be of your appeal. No one is forcing you to read it.
    I will gladly accept that for every series currently running in JUMP.

Except Bleach, because Kubo is obviously so fucking proud of his accomplishments he has to plaster his own inane platitudes on his furniture (and also constantly lies to fans that he'll actually follow up on things and there was also the whole "next arc is going to be Chad's arc" thing, which would be reason enough for me to hold a life-long grudge)

If the man is in love with his own inane nonsensical retcon bullshit to this degree, then Bleach should tank to snap him out of his delusion and get his editors and assistants to stop giving each other piggy back rides and actually doing their fucking jobs, thereby maybe making this series not painful to read.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post

Except Bleach, because Kubo is obviously so fucking proud of his accomplishments he has to plaster his own inane platitudes on his furniture (and also constantly lies to fans that he'll actually follow up on things and there was also the whole "next arc is going to be Chad's arc" thing, which would be reason enough for me to hold a life-long grudge)

If the man is in love with his own inane nonsensical retcon bullshit to this degree, then Bleach should tank to snap him out of his delusion and get his editors and assistants to stop giving each other piggy back rides and actually doing their fucking jobs, thereby maybe making this series not painful to read.
    Their job is to make money, not to make stories tailored to snarky twenty-somethings from outside Japan.

I wish we had a rep bar, so I could give some to marvelous posts like yours.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Their job is to make money, not to make stories tailored to snarky twenty-somethings from outside Japan.
    His editors should check that what he's writting is at least spelled right (WHY ME SAD), and his assistants should help him draw/plot out the story.

And clearly none of that's happening. :P

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    I wish we had a rep bar, so I could give some to marvelous posts like yours.
    Not sure if serious :O

Also not sure about the atmosphere in the room at present. Best keep an eye on the backdoor just in case

Forum rep is way below Kubo on the scale of universal badness. Start looking for that backdoor of yours.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Toraish View Post
    Forum rep is way below Kubo on the scale of universal badness. Start looking for that backdoor of yours.
    I'm actually kinda confused right now.

Lol never mind that, it wasn't specifically aimed at you.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Debating life from god's viewpoint.(Cynical but you can't argue against that.)
    His editors should check that what he's writting is at least spelled right (WHY ME SAD), and his assistants should help him draw/plot out the story.
    Let eat the world's end. (I think bleach has been unsalvageable for long time, at this point I think we should just let Kubo end it on his own terms.)

These remarks are brought to you by the courtesy of the 560 and growing collection of bleach titles.
    (Like a well placed quote of Konfuzius or Socrates these can carry profound meaning and can enrich your own conversations, choose the right title for the right moment!
    If you don't have the blue white forum design you can probably read this and are thus in on the joke, congrats!)

And clearly none of that's happening. :P
    I don't think the assistants should help him plot the story. They could say something, but the author can easily disregard what any of them say.
    Well the editors in the end are just advisers and maybe not even they know how to pronounce things right( just joking). With the power Kubo have won with Bleach success year after year, I don't think any editor has a seriously power to correct him.
    Think about it:
    - The editor say that Kubo should do things differently, refute the name that he delivered and says for him to do it again, but this times with his corrections.
    - Kubo argues, because he is the perfect artist he thinks he is.
    - Hours of discussion between Kubo and the editor
    - Days of discussion between Kubo and the editor
    - Kubo goes talk to the Editor in Chief
    - More Hours/Days of discussion
    - The schedule is behind, they need to hurry
    - Kubo says he knows what his doing, after all he being doing a Famous series for 13 years.
    - Editor give up
    - Kubo draws the manuscript that he wanted
    - Editor gets a bad image, because the great Kubo made a complain against him

In the end his just not worth it and Kubo does what he wants, just like Togashi. The magazine can change Editors for him, but they can't change him(at least while Bleach runs in the magazine).
    The better thing the Editor can do his trying to bring the best out of Kubo's names even if in the way he have to accept more than what he would like.

His editors should check that what he's writting is at least spelled right
    so what's your excuse?

He doesn't have editors, that's his excuse.
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    so what's your excuse?
    That I'm not getting paid

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    so what's your excuse?
    Proper grammar and spelling has always been optional on the internet silly.

I'll never understand people wishing for a manga they don't like to stop being successful.
    Naoshi and Matsui are not forcing their fans to buy their manga. They're buying it because they enjoy it.
    Is it that hard to accept that other people can have a completely different opinion on a manga ?
    Eh, while I agree in general, as far as JUMP is concerned, the number of seats are severely limited, bro.
    I can completely understand why someone would want their "non-favorites" to open that seat up for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Eh, while I agree in general, as far as JUMP is concerned, the number of seats are severely limited, bro.
    I can completely understand why someone would want their "non-favorites" to open that seat up for something else.
    Except that's hardly what I see when people say they want a manga to fail.
    They just want to be proven right because they can't accept that other people don't find the manga they like shitty.

Even if it was what that they wanted to express, that still doesn't make sense to me.
    Wishing for a successful manga to fail, which results in its fanbase being disappointed and the mangaka losing its job, for the hypothetical possibility that a manga they may like replace it just doesn't seem right for me.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

I never said that I wish the author would fail, I just said that I discontent with him "wasting" his ressources on a successful, but generic series instead of something that had a unique charm like Double Arts.
    But then again, maybe his success allows him to get a larger "period of tolerance" in WSJ for his next work.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    That is the exact reason I want to see Naruto and Bleach end already.

Except that's hardly what I see when people say they want a manga to fail.
    They just want to be proven right because they can't accept that other people don't find the manga they like shitty.

Even if it was what that they wanted to express, that still doesn't make sense to me.
    Wishing for a successful manga to fail, which results in its fanbase being disappointed and the mangaka losing its job, for the hypothetical possibility that a manga they may like replace it just doesn't seem right for me.
    are you going to whiteknight for Tite Kubo, of all people? does he really need you to defend him? The dude has made millions, is a household name among manga fans, and his series is (somehow) beloved by many people all over the world. He's at the top of his industry. I think it'll be okay if some people on the internet express how much they wish such a lame series would end, because it's just taking up space in the magazine.

it's like getting upset when people suggested Brett Favre should retire.

I'm not trying to defend anyone in particular.
    I'm just saying that I can't understand the logic that make people wish for a manga they have no interest for to stop being popular.
    You think it's okay while I don't think so. That's all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information