+ Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 843 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 408 458 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

I'm curious how Naruto got to #2.
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

Is this Iron knight new series the serialization of that Goblin Knight oneshot from a while back? The artstile seems really familiar judging from the cover and well the onshot was enjoyable.

I'm really happy to see Hq!! that high up on the list.

I've been reading it for a couple of months now and am finding it rather enjoyable despite the art style being a bit weird and the story obviously not being as stellar as in something like Eyeshield or Slam Dunk. It's still very much in the build-up stage, but things are slowly starting to gear towards a point where it becomes gripping. You know, that point in all sports manga where the team finally becomes unified and finds new spirit in teamwork. It's simple-minded fun done relatively well. Pretty much like Nisekoi, although much less whimsical.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Ike79 View Post
    Is this Iron knight new series the serialization of that Goblin Knight oneshot from a while back? The artstile seems really familiar judging from the cover and well the onshot was enjoyable.
    It's the same mangaka Tomohiro Yagi not sure if it is the serialization of that one shot though.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

it's a serialisation, funnily enough, of his Iron Knight one-shot from Jump VS, which wasn't altogether different from said Goblin Knight one-shot

Has anyone who lives in Japan read this "Iron Knight" series?

The issue isn't out yet.

Well, after checking out Iron Knight...

Wow, this thing is frighteningly similar in execution to Hachi. Like to the point where I have to wonder if they're preparing to axe Hachi for poor ratings, because I can't see them greenlighting something so identical without that in mind. Kid with love interest that is far too open to be an obvious point of romantic drama who gets predictably swept away in the first chapter, kid wakes up after calamity has transformed normal modern society into monstrous hellscape, kid turns out to be just another one of the monsters who must use his powers against them...everything is the same. But despite how much I like Nishi's weirdness and originality in Hachi...I think Iron Knight is better. It's REALLY well done. Great art, excellent use of tension, well-executed all around.

Well, now you've gotten me excited for Iron Knight.

whereuhavea<3 i'mahollow.. melody of dead.deanders's Avatar

for the last jump of the previous year my only thoughts on that are no no no to Kurokuroku ending.. it had potential but stupid jump axes every new series..

now for the #1 jump of the new year i can't believe it how low bleach and beelzebub are.. :O

MAL
    MAL info
    Spoiler:
    " Do you know me..?
    Spoiler:
    No..
    Spoiler:
    You're quite certain that we've never met before..?
    Spoiler:
    Yes of course.. "

Quote Originally Posted by melody of dead.deanders View Post
    for the last jump of the previous year my only thoughts on that are no no no to Kurokuroku ending.. it had potential but stupid jump axes every new series..

now for the #1 jump of the new year i can't believe it how low bleach and beelzebub are.. :O
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Yeah, uhh... usually Shonen Jump tends to axe series that really wouldn't work too well in the long run (with some exceptions). Beelzebub never really tends to be very high, and well, Bleach is Bleach lol

Quote Originally Posted by melody of dead.deanders View Post
    Assassin Classroom and Shokugeki No Soma say "hi".
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Hey I'm also disappointed by Bleach's placement. It still has a few series below it afterall

I think he meant to say "jump axes every stupid new series"

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Well, after checking out Iron Knight...

Wow, this thing is frighteningly similar in execution to Hachi. Like to the point where I have to wonder if they're preparing to axe Hachi for poor ratings, because I can't see them greenlighting something so identical without that in mind. Kid with love interest that is far too open to be an obvious point of romantic drama who gets predictably swept away in the first chapter, kid wakes up after calamity has transformed normal modern society into monstrous hellscape, kid turns out to be just another one of the monsters who must use his powers against them...everything is the same. But despite how much I like Nishi's weirdness and originality in Hachi...I think Iron Knight is better. It's REALLY well done. Great art, excellent use of tension, well-executed all around.
    I haven't read Iron Knight yet, but I did like the one-shot Goblin Knight.
    I thought it had the most potential of that one-shot batches, so was kinda meh when Hime Dol got the green light first.

whereuhavea<3 i'mahollow.. melody of dead.deanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Assassin Classroom and Shokugeki No Soma say "hi".
    every new series that i like and plan to read let's put it that way.. also AC i'm reading it.. :p

MAL
    MAL info
    Spoiler:
    " Do you know me..?
    Spoiler:
    No..
    Spoiler:
    You're quite certain that we've never met before..?
    Spoiler:
    Yes of course.. "

Just finished reading Iron Knight.
    Whoa, massive changes from Goblin Knight!

The Knight itself is pretty much the same, but the protagonist and the heroine went a completely overhaul in design, personality, and background.
    And you're right stephen, this is nearly identical to Hachi - except the story telling is far more comprehensive and clean.

I liked the Goblin Knight backdrop of the protagonist's brother being gruesomely executed in front of his eyes, but this new version raised the despair level up a notch. The protagonist got changed from an outcast loner to a model child, who will likely go through quite a few changes in his personality due to the catastrophe. It makes for a much more interesting kickstart.

Also, decapitated heads on pikes!? In my Shounen Jump!?
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; December 1st, 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Reading the raws is slow and painful. :/

Spoiler:
    So he wants to be a hero or a police officer... And then shit hits the fan.
    From what I can tell of the story, it's just as you guys said, cleaner and more complete. I also happen to like the knight idea more than the dog idea in Hachi, but that's just me.

I liked the Iron Knight one-shot (you can read the french scan there) which was IMO much better than the Goblin Knight one-shot.

Reading the raw, it looks even better. So, I look forward to seeing the first chapter translated.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information