+ Reply to Thread
Page 355 of 844 FirstFirst ... 255 305 345 353 354 355 356 357 365 405 455 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,100 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Soma getting print release in english, hell yeah!^^ Probably to fanservicy for american wsj.

Great pick-up, very entertaining series. Though it's a bummer that it won't be added to the magazine, it's too good not to release in some format.

Was the release date mentioned?

Spring for digital, Summer for print release. The leaked Amazon link stated August for vol 1, I think?

So still a long time off, well I'm super excited nonetheless.

Seems to be legit, we'll know for a fact tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tion View Post
    Why not. Its been almost two years. Time to scribble out another 10 chapters before taking another break.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Why not. Its been almost two years. Time to scribble out another 10 chapters before taking another break.
    As it so happens, I'm skimming through the first Hunter x Hunter thread. It's funny how defensive you were of Togashi at the time.

Not saying it was wrong or unwarranted, but it's funny in retrospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    As it so happens, I'm skimming through the first Hunter x Hunter thread. It's funny how defensive you were of Togashi at the time.

Not saying it was wrong or unwarranted, but it's funny in retrospect.
    Well... there's a huge difference between taking one break and taking seven. (On massively unpredictable schedules.)

And between doing 30 chapters a year and doing... 2. Also a huge difference between "makes them better in the trades" and "Scribbles are fine." And well... everything else.

Back in 2009 it didn't *feel* like Togashi was taking entire years off... it seemed he might actually be doing, say, a page a day, and working at a reasonable pace constantly.

He's had a lot more breaks and a lot more unfinished art and a lot less output since then though.

(He also really deus ex machinaed the last arc to wrap it up before the break.)

I mean, Muira seems to go off the radar for a year, and its announced he's coming back with a 6 chapter miniseries (one of which will be a double length chapter) that he's obviously finished already... its obvious where his work has been going the last 9 months. Togashi... not so much.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Ever since I learned that Togashi worked as Fujimaki's editor when Kuroko's Basket started, I wanted to find out more info about that time.
    How long did it last ? Did he oversee other mangaka ? Was that some kind of deal with Shueisha to excuse his long breaks ?
    That wouldn't excuse him not redrawing scribbles in the latest volume but it could help explaining how his schedule became even worse in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    Ever since I learned that Togashi worked as Fujimaki's editor when Kuroko's Basket started, I wanted to find out more info about that time.
    As far as i know Togashi never worked as an editor for Kuroko no Basket, that came from a problematic translation when they gave an interview together. They were talking about a 3rd party, a particular editor that was Fujimaki's first.

Well, forget what I just said if you're right.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Apparently the return of HxH news leak was at least not from Jump. Got the source from the same place where I get the TOC. The source tends to be reliable so I'm trusting it.

#51 :
    One Punch-man - Chapitre Spécial (34p, Color)
    Toriko (Absent)

#52 :
    Toriko (Lead Color)
    Last edited by Gizmo; November 6th, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Was it mentioned why Toriko´ll be absent next week?

I would hold off on that list, it originates from anonymous ID not associated with anything else.
    The botton two 51-52 info is from a legit source though.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I would hold off on that list, it originates from anonymous ID not associated with anything else.
    The botton two 51-52 info is from a legit source though.
    Noted. Any info/update on the HxH source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

The return of Hunter x Hunter was a fake. Zerocomd confirmed it Mangahelpers Toc thread.

Well great. And there was I already believing togashi would get off his lazy ass. Now the waiting game begins anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Noted. Any info/update on the HxH source?
    It wasn't from Jump. And as of yet, no confirmation on where it was from, so likely a well made fake.

Also, kaze confirmed the TOC to be legit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information