+ Reply to Thread
Page 352 of 843 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 402 452 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,040 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Am I reading wrong or Isobe Isobee Monogatari will have a flash anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Jojo Stardust Crusaders TV anime confirmed.
    Awesome. I'll definitely be watching it...

Yea, Isobe Isobee Monogatari's color page says it'll get a Flash anime for Jump LIVE. I guess that also means that there'll be another round of Jump LIVE then?

Huh? Jump LIVE is an ongoing thing, it's updated daily.
    I got it on my phone :D

Huh, I thought it was only for August.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Huh, I thought it was only for August.
    You probably confused it with the Tour that will have the first animation of Assassination Classroom.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Wait, Aohige, are Killco-san and Tenjin still running in LIVE at the moment? Because that'd be pretty great.

EDIT: never mind, I'm told Killco disappeared after something like 4 chapters.

Anyway, yeah, so I finally went and caught up on all the weird things Jump is doing for its 45th and how in the hell did no-one mention this:

http://www.s-manga.net/isamu/

wilderness boy Isam is totally in print, so A) I can now finally get rid of my raws and 2) OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS COMIC SO MUCH GUYS THIS IS GREAT

observations:

Kurokuroku and Hime-dol have both seen the writing on the wall
    Yakenohara Jin is awful and seems destined for a Date-senpai style early exit as well
    Hachi's got the pedigree and is off to a good start, I am enjoying it quite a bit
    As usual, the one-shots were better, but Isobe is still funny and I hope it can survive in the gag slot
    while not a breakout hit like AC or Soma, World Trigger is pretty firmly entrenched and not going anywhere (good to see)

Kurokuroku just had the "next chapter climax" shit on the last page, so yeah. R.I.P

Shipmate

Going before Hime-dol? That's a blow Kurokuroku hasn't earned.

It's a shame for Kurokuroku (and inevitably Himedol) to go. Both felt like they had huge potential, at least early on, like experimental comics trapped in the... trappings of Weekly Shonen Jump comics. Kinda a curse you see a lot with newbie creators, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    It's a shame for Kurokuroku (and inevitably Himedol) to go. Both felt like they had huge potential, at least early on, like experimental comics trapped in the... trappings of Weekly Shonen Jump comics. Kinda a curse you see a lot with newbie creators, huh.
    That's exactly how I feel about Soul Catcher(S). I still think it has some life left in it though.

Aohige, how was Monster Kingdom by Urasawa? I hope a concept like that goes to series, since he has overlapped before....

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    I dunno, I think you can point to some pretty glaring weaknesses to explain their failures. Hime-dol is really corny and lacking in personality--I don't think the concept is doomed from the start, but that author certainly didn't have the skill to make it interesting. Kurokuroku has an ABUNDANCE of personality, but even with the yokai angle...the municipal office/bureaucracy is possibly the most boring and unexciting foundation you could imagine. There's no way Jump readership is going to be invested in a series like that unless it ditches that baseline ASAP...which the author tried to do, but too late bub.

Soul Catcher(s) is a neat idea, and I've enjoyed it, but it's also going out sooner or later. While it's not as good as Cross Manage, I (personally) think there's a lot of value in a shorter series given just enough time to breathe (3-5 volumes) even if it's considered a failure by Jump standards. I have a hard time seeing how it would continue to develop fresh ideas to keep going, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    I dunno, I think you can point to some pretty glaring weaknesses to explain their failures. Hime-dol is really corny and lacking in personality--I don't think the concept is doomed from the start, but that author certainly didn't have the skill to make it interesting. Kurokuroku has an ABUNDANCE of personality, but even with the yokai angle...the municipal office/bureaucracy is possibly the most boring and unexciting foundation you could imagine. There's no way Jump readership is going to be invested in a series like that unless it ditches that baseline ASAP...which the author tried to do, but too late bub.

Soul Catcher(s) is a neat idea, and I've enjoyed it, but it's also going out sooner or later. While it's not as good as Cross Manage, I (personally) think there's a lot of value in a shorter series given just enough time to breathe (3-5 volumes) even if it's considered a failure by Jump standards. I have a hard time seeing how it would continue to develop fresh ideas to keep going, anyway.
    Oh don't get me wrong, they totally deserve to be cancelled, they've performed terribly and failed to get good positions on the TOC as such, but the core ideas for both series, and more so the writing of Kurokuroku, were so very different to the norm. So potential, rather than outright quality, and I think the main issues for me (corniness, cipherific character for a protagonist for himedol, cliche and poor design choices for kurokuroku, and yes, a lacking foundation, entertaining though it was) were the results of them trying too hard to be like what's perceivable as popular traits in jump titles, stupid as that sounds, when really what they needed to be was that bit more... adventurous with the positive things they had going for them.

Soul Catcher(s) is a weird one to analyse, because it's intriguing, and I love the idea, but... man... Hideo Shinkai's art continues to be so weirdly problematic for me, most of all in that terrible hairstyle the protagonist has. distracting. Still, I hope it lives to see print further than Light Wing did, it deserves that much.

IMO, one thing that didn't help Himedol is the art.
    For this kind of manga where the main girls are supposed to be really pretty, you need the art to convey that idea.
    You can have characters saying or thinking it every chapter, but if the art doesn't back up those comments how can the readers be interested in this kind of story ?

Wow, Hime-dol/Kurokuroku got shelved so quickly... :/

Any news on the next replacement series?
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

considering there's still a week until one of them maybe ends, it's a bit early to hear anything regarding that sort of thing.

I liked Kurokuroku's characters, especially the main girl.
    I wish it was running in Afternoon or something.

Source:
    user :oberon from Mangahelpers forum

Jump #48 (28/10) :
    Naruto (Cover & Lead Color Page, Fourteen Year Anniversary)
    Assassination Classroom
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Isobe Isobee Monogatari (Color Page)
    Toriko
    Nisekoi
    Gintama
    Kuroko no Basket (Color Page)
    Beelzebub
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Soul Catcher(S)
    Koi no Cupid Yakeno Harajin
    World Trigger (Color Page)
    Hq!!
    Hachi
    Tonari no Seki no Chinko-chan (One Shot, 21 pg.)
    Bleach
    Kochikame
    Hime-dol!
    Kurokuroku
    One Piece (Absent)
    Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

#49:
    Cover & Lead CP: One Piece
    CP: Drump by Kazuki Takahashi (One Shot, 59 pg.)

Jump #48

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information