+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 844 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 535 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

I heard it tried too hard to be funny and that Bo-BoBo was way funnier than it.

But didn't evenn that end up kind go stale ? I heard the sequel was.....not as well recieved as the original .

Quote Originally Posted by bunshindattebayo View Post
    You shouldn't. Because well, I didn't(only the first 2 chapters of it and then lost interest). And the story in the reboot makes sense, it's a whole different and new story, and it's pretty good especially the intense first chapter that just screams "SHIT JUST GOT REAL".

It's been running for 4 months since August, and yeah it's pretty different since the guy who writes the story this time is not Takei, it's someone else named Mikami Hiromasa.

You might want to check it out here on the scanlator's site:
    http://www.mankin-trad.net/jumbor/

You can either download or read online. Oh, and the Online Reader viewing quality is really top-notch. The pages have big resolution and actual full size, even better than Manga Stream.
    Only 2 chapters have been scanlated so far, because the scanlation group is one of those "Quality > Speed" group but the Quality is really worth it. Currently in Japan, 5 chapters have been released.
    seem's like takei does better when he's not the writer maybe he should stick to doing that, just being the artist that is.

Cool i'll have to check this series out than.

Quote Originally Posted by bunshindattebayo View Post
    Holy fuck, I thought Chagecha still holds the fastest record by 8 chapters.
    I totally forgot about that series.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    But didn't evenn that end up kind go stale ? I heard the sequel was.....not as well recieved as the original .
    Bobobo was like one piece for gag manga, the world kept getting more and more developed. Numerous characters returned even past villians.

Shinsentsu (I think it was called) was rather a let down IMO, it felt like the over the top wacky comedy took a side seat for a more serious storyline. There was some nice plot twists but the over all story felt forced. The series should have ended with the first bobobo.

If you want to know more ask the Bobobo expert Tokoro Ataru since he was translating the series.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

While we're on the subject, I really hope Shinsetsu gets scanlated (or liscensed by Viz)
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

I hope not.

I'm fucking mad at viz.

When they cancelled konjinko no gash that ticked me off

Now they ended JJBA with 16 volumes. I was irritated with the fact that those lazy fuckers didn't want to release part 1 and 2. Instead they release only the volumes covering the 3rd part. So this means no part 4 no part 5 no Stone Ocean no Steel Ball Run.

And speaking of Bobobo those idiots skipped the first 10 volumes of the series.

Edit: I meant 16 volumes not chapters whoops, which only covers the 3rd part of he story but still that's bullshit.
    Last edited by GEPPETTOSMONSTER; November 28th, 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Wow .

They're idiots .

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    And speaking of Bobobo those idiots skipped the first 10 volumes of the series.
    My face when I bought volume 1 to find Chapters 111-118 in there.

It made no sense.

I guess they figured if it has no story they could completely skip the embarassing beginer stage and stil claim it as the first volume and no one would know the diference .

I hate that shit .

I always thought it was because of the content of said chapters (Ex: Bobobo arriving on the cross in the first chapter)

Though I haven't read all of early Bobobo, so I'm not sure what "questionable" content Viz would have bunched up boxers over
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

Ariving on the cross ?

http://www.mangareader.net/642-32457...chapter-1.html

Viz has apparently edited out similar references before, though I don't recall which series (I think it was a popular one, though - either Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Fullmetal Alchemist). Still, I always figured that it was due to the art quality improving (or at least becoming more consistent) around the time of Halekulani's appearance.

Greed's cruficixion was edited.

And there are several violence edits in Jojo. (animal killing, mostly)

But yeah, fuck Viz.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

I've heard the story that Bobobo's author actually asked Viz to start where they did because he didn't think the earlier material was very good, or something to that effect.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post

But yeah, fuck Viz.
    Glad I'm not the only one that knows Viz is run by idiots. I may get crap for deriding their One Piece translation, but Viz could to so much better. Make things more accurate, not worry about stuck-up people (honestly I doubt someone is going to read Volume 26 and have a seizure when they see the word "God"), and FIX THAT ZOLO SHIT! I still don't understand why they kept that, and they still won't give a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post

But yeah, fuck Viz.
    Well, that probably explains why they never licensed Fist of the North Star, I suppose.

Also, does anyone know if Viz is continuing their releases of Bo-bobo? Their latest volume (5; 15 by the Japanese numbering) doesn't have a preview for the next volume in the back, and I had heard that Viz had cancelled some series which still had volumes left (ex. Gash Bell, Kurohime), which got me worried.

Instead of canceling they should hand the series over to another publisher like del rey and yen press hell even tokyopop would be allright.

Tokyopop would do a decent enough job explaining the very Japanese humor

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I've heard the story that Bobobo's author actually asked Viz to start where they did because he didn't think the earlier material was very good, or something to that effect.
    Hmm, learn something new everyday

Viz should really start up line where they can sell and feature the more "violent" titles out there

Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    Tokyopop would do a decent enough job explaining the very Japanese humor

Hmm, learn something new everyday

Viz should really start up line where they can sell and feature the more "violent" titles out there
    That's what advanced was suppose to be for but the only thing that they've advanced in was sucking.

Despite being "Advanced" I've heard some of the series featured are censored. Along with Jojo's dog violence (they're now big ass rats), Hiruma doesn't drop f-bombs in Eyeshield 21 and the nudity in I"s is censored.

Advanced, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    Despite being "Advanced" I've heard some of the series featured are censored. Along with Jojo's dog violence (they're now big ass rats), Hiruma doesn't drop f-bombs in Eyeshield 21 and the nudity in I"s is censored.

Advanced, sure.
    that's why I said they've advanced in sucking.

Viz only cares about there bigger titles and that's it. If they can make money off of it is all that matters to them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information