+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 844 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 441 841 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 16874

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Not that big of a deal, anyone trying to sell something will boast about the product.
    There's boasting and then there is posing as fans trying to stir up praise for your book.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Not that big of a deal, anyone trying to sell something will boast about the product.
    Nice try light novel writer.
    Hey you! Let's party!

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Gunjou Senki sounds interesting, a shame we don't have scans.

And there are threads just for bashing all bad WSJ series? Is it similar to the Naruto and Bleach thread?
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Are his name and the title of his book known as well?
    Hikaru Sugii, best known for Kamisama no Memochou (God's Memopad) which was animated a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    And there are threads just for bashing all bad WSJ series? Is it similar to the Naruto and Bleach thread?
    No, it makes Naruto and Bleach thread seem like sunshine and rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    No, it makes Naruto and Bleach thread seem like sunshine and rainbows.
    I am really interested in that right now: What series do they usually bash (I assume Edison is among them), do they have "tiers" or special terms that appeared over time? Intercultural exchange might be useful in this case.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Hikaru Sugii, best known for Kamisama no Memochou (God's Memopad) which was animated a few years back.
    Hahaha I watched that one like a week ago. That fucker should rather concentrate on releasing his next book instead of kissing his own ass online.

edit: Nid's right. Maybe we can get some useful tips for bashing from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    I am really interested in that right now: What series do they usually bash (I assume Edison is among them), do they have "tiers" or special terms that appeared over time? Intercultural exchange might be useful in this case.
    Nisekoi, Soul Catchers, and Smokey BB are frequently bashed (although Nisekoi topic doesn't belong in the thread)
    Mutou Black, and Cross Manage were often target as well.
    Surprisingly not so much Edison, mainly because it was unanimously considered worthless to even talk about.
    Then the occasional "I hate OP because it's popular" guy that's mostly ignored since the thread is about manga that's doing bad and about to be canned.

And no you don't want to mimic it, a lot of it aren't constructive criticism, just trashy shit talkin'
    They also make a 180 turn around when they're wrong, thanks to being anonymous
    I remember when AC and Soma started there was a lot of bashing, and they all STFU when it became obvious how successful they were. LOL
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; August 31st, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Why Cross manage, though? I have only read the first volume, but it seems refreshing and charming.

And Nisekoi surely deserves the trashing, I hate this uninspired excuse for a series.

Nisekoi, Soul Catchers, and Smokey BB are frequently bashed (although Nisekoi topic doesn't belong in the thread)
    Mutou Black, and Cross Manage were often target as well.
    Surprisingly not so much Edison, mainly because it was unanimously considered worthless to even talk about.
    Then the occasional "I hate OP because it's popular" guy that's mostly ignored since the thread is about manga that's doing bad and about to be canned.

And no you don't want to mimic it, a lot of it aren't constructive criticism, just trashy shit talkin'
    They also make a 180 turn around when they're wrong, thanks to being anonymous
    I remember when AC and Soma started there was a lot of bashing, and they all STFU when it became obvious how successful they were. LOL
    Hey Aohige, I'm wondering.

When the last three or so volumes of YYH were coming out in Jump...were they sketchy disasters ala HxH? Mostly fixed for the volumes?

No silly image macros or anything? :[

(Well, ASCII art would be all you could do, but still.)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Hey Aohige, I'm wondering.

When the last three or so volumes of YYH were coming out in Jump...were they sketchy disasters ala HxH? Mostly fixed for the volumes?
    I don't remember specifically last three volumes, but it was not rare for YYH to have rough sketches on Jump.
    So yes, Togashi's bad habit was already around back then.

BTW, anyone following Koe no Katachi in Shounen Magazine?
    I never read the original... but when it was published as one-shot in Bessatu Magazine, it was voted number 1 in the polls by a landslide, topping Shingeki no Kyojin, Aku no Hana, and Doubutsu no Kuni, apparently. It's rather painful to read as the subject is "bullying" and interacting with disabled children.

I only started following the serialization version that started a month ago, and just read the 4th chapter (latest one).
    This needs to be translated ASAP. It's painful to read, but I have a feeling everyone should read this.

Couldn't they just have kept it a one-shot? I feel like it has more impact that way since it was a short but strong story. Don't really see how serializing it would benefit the story itself.

Well, with the latest chapter, the story is going into highschool era - which the short never got to.
    Since bullying in an elementary school and in a highschool setting is completely different beast, I figure it's going to tackle that as well.

And perhaps Ishida's redemption, as he was pretty inexcusably terrible all the way to the end.

I never read the original... but when it was published as one-shot in Bessatu Magazine, it was voted number 1 in the polls by a landslide, topping Shingeki no Kyojin, Aku no Hana, and Doubutsu no Kuni, apparently. It's rather painful to read as the subject is "bullying" and interacting with disabled children.

I only started following the serialization version that started a month ago, and just read the 4th chapter (latest one).
    This needs to be translated ASAP. It's painful to read, but I have a feeling everyone should read this.
    The one-shot and the first chapter are already translated! I'm gonna check it soon (I have yet to read Terraformars new volume )

Well, with the latest chapter, the story is going into highschool era - which the short never got to.
    Since bullying in an elementary school and in a highschool setting is completely different beast, I figure it's going to tackle that as well.

And perhaps Ishida's redemption, as he was pretty inexcusably terrible all the way to the end.
    The bullying is supposed to continue in highschool? Are they trying to break the poor girl's mentality? I had hoped now that she's older the bullying would stop once and for all. Or at least that she's now more confident in herself and can face it head-on. Poor thing. :/

I remember reading the one-shot and the first chapter for Koe no Katchi awhile ago and I'm not sure if my poor heart can take it. Series about bullying in highschools always open up my tear ducts even if the stories do escalate to ridiculous levels.

The translations are not regular yet. Maybe if it is depressing, that explains why. I've read a touching manga about the history of sign language introduction in Japan called Wagayubi no orchestra. If you can find it (French or Japanese) don't hesitate to give it a try.

I've read the one-shot a while ago and it touched me, it was very well done. That said I'm not too eager to jump into the serialization because I had a feeling that the bullying is probably going to be dragged out over several chapters since that was pretty much the core struggle of the one-shot.

I could stomach that for the one-shot since it's more contained and the ending kind of left a redemptive outlook.
    But I don't think I want to see all that stuff going on for several chapters, it's really the kind of thing that upsets me a lot. It might be a bit irrational but I find that stuff way more disgusting than any kind of violence I've seen in manga.
    It's probably at the same time a testament though to the work itself.

So I don't know, with bullying as a main theme I have a really short fuse before the protagonist becomes irredeemable in my eyes. At that point it gets really hard to care for the moment of regret and the drama surrounding that. At that point I wouldn't be able to enjoy the story anymore since I would always think "f*** off" about the protagonists situation.

So how bad is it?

yeah,i read the one-shot just recently and then coincidentally it began serialising at the same time.it was very good,a bit sad and melancholic,but that's the appeal.i had thought that the entire serialisation would focus on the elementary-school story,and so thought it would be quite painful to read on a regular basis.but it's quite heartening to know that the main focus wouldn't just be the elementary-school time.although i wouldn't have minded if it was,it just wouldn't have been much good for my emotional state.
    i'm also hoping that someone would pick it up.it deserves to be read by everyone.i read the raw of the second chapter,and it seemed to be good(of course i couldn't understand the dialogue.)
    that which cannot be stopped:inherited will,a man's dream,and the flow of time.as long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom,these things shall never be stopped.-PK Gol D. Roger

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information