+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 844 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 837 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

He was just tweeting and sounding just fine a day ago from Comiket.
    No signs of depression, at least visibly from internet social view. Yeah, it's baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    tl;dr, "Those dumb Japs are workaholics they should all be like French and have absurd amounts of breaks"

BTW, this isn't related to Jump, but one of the manga artist serializing in Weekly Shounen Champion was just found dead.... suicide.
    Jun Sadogawa, author of Muteki Kanban Musume and currently running Amane Atatameru, was found hanging himself in a nearby park.

For a WSChampion artist he was pretty decently successful, with an anime series based on his work and all. Yeesh...
    The ramen fighter, they made the character in the anime like taken from another anime's character folder.
    Is it because work stress?

That sounds horrible.

Condolences to all those personaly affected by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Finally can you tell where I said something similar to your last phrase ? I think your problem is that you want Togashi to be ordinar when he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Finally can you tell where I said something similar to your last phrase ? I think your problem is that you want Togashi to be ordinar when he is not.
    No one gives a shit that Togashi isn't weekly. No one.

Everyone cares that he doesn't keep his quality consistent and has no schedule *at all*.

If he was a monthly mag? Fine. If he did 10 chapters a year from January to March and then took a break for the rest of the year, but was consistent about that pace and we could count on those 10 chapters at that time? Fine. If he only came out with volumes once a year? Fine. No one cares that monthly comics are monthly, or that it takes novelists a year or two to write their works, and Muira is given leeway on Berserk's schedule because the art shows that he's still working on it nonstop when chapters DO come out.

Its that Togashi comes out whenever, with unexplained breaks of varying lengths, (anywhere from 8 months to two years) with art that resembles crudely drawn scribbles with zero professionalism whatsoever, with no hint or indication how long the series might ultimately last? (Not to mention those hiatuses dragged out a 2 year arc into a SEVEN year arc.)

His pace isn't the problem. His lack of professionalism, is.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I don't know why folks still bother to defend Togashi.

1969 and 1970 are the years with most series started in WSJ history, when the magazine was still looking for identity or for a hit, sadly many of those were never compiled into volumes.

A Twillight Zone manga adaptation and A short story about Che Guevara. Huh.

Going to late 1969 I found another site that I'm mimicking: http://mangadate.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-1.html I'll check it out later.

My main source are still wikipedia, the spanish clasic manga author site, Starman's site and google image search through Mandrake and Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    1969 and 1970 are the years with most series started in WSJ history, when the magazine was still looking for identity or for a hit, sadly many of those were never compiled into volumes.

A Twillight Zone manga adaptation and A short story about Che Guevara. Huh.
    Jump.

Hello.

Money sitting right here.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Jump.

Hello.

Money sitting right here.
    Most of those were stablished authors. I haven't even being investigating the One Shots, but the variety in a quick google translated view is shocking.

I'm guessing that it would be a licencing nightmare, as more than half of the 16 series that I've checked weren't published in volume format by shueshia.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Most of those were stablished authors. I haven't even being investigating the One Shots, but the variety in a quick google translated view is shocking.

I'm guessing that it would be a licencing nightmare, as more than half of the 16 series that I've checked weren't published in volume format by shueshia.
    Actualy makes me wonder about Kujira Daigo and Comic Mate. Cause from the image I've seen of it in an auction, the name Shueisha doesn't seem to appear anywhere on the volume covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Speaking of monthly schedules, Kurosaki Kaoru (Watsuki's wife) was a guest at Otakon this past weekend. She hosted a panel on Friday afternoon about Watsuki's life as a mangaka.
    His schedule last month was basically...
    4 days of planning (neru?), 6 days of rough layout, 16 days of inking, then ~5 days of rest.
    Workday was something like...
    Sleep from 4 am to 9 am, eat for 1 hour, work a bunch of hours, eat again for 1 hour, work some more, brief snack time (recently Watsuki's taken a liking to beef jerky), then work again until sleeping at 4.

Also, I think that it's pretty neat that after drawing the layout on a smaller piece of paper, then photocopying larger copies to trace on, he uses a... calligraphy brush? to trace.
    what is Watsuki working on these days....?
    RK was the first manga i read,back in 2005...it is still special to me...his assistants list were illustrious considering what they achieved later....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

He was working on Embalming. Then that was put on hiatus so he could work on Rurouni Kenshin Restoration to promote the live action movie. That finished earlier this year, so he should be working on Embalming again.
    On the other hand, there will be two more live action movies to cover the Kyoto arc, so maybe he'll eventually make more promo manga for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    He was working on Embalming. Then that was put on hiatus so he could work on Rurouni Kenshin Restoration to promote the live action movie. That finished earlier this year, so he should be working on Embalming again.
    On the other hand, there will be two more live action movies to cover the Kyoto arc, so maybe he'll eventually make more promo manga for those.
    so the live-action movie made enough money to warrant a trilogy..that's good news
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Speaking of the WJ Table of Contents, I don't suppose there's an online repository of them somewhere? Like, say, going back 20 or 30 years?

There are some that I'd like to dig up, but I don't really have access to the magazine.

On a similar note, did Monthly Jump have author comments each issue? I've never actually handled a physical copy, since it was discontinued before I moved to Japan.
    Co-Translator, Podcast Regular, and Man-in-Japan at Kanzenshuu, your authoritative Dragon Ball online resource

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyaJedi View Post
    Speaking of the WJ Table of Contents, I don't suppose there's an online repository of them somewhere? Like, say, going back 20 or 30 years?

There are some that I'd like to dig up, but I don't really have access to the magazine.

On a similar note, did Monthly Jump have author comments each issue? I've never actually handled a physical copy, since it was discontinued before I moved to Japan.
    Only Japanesse, and only up to 2000: http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~starman/

W
    hat I've been doing is looking the wiki list of wsj series, copy the japanesse name, and ctrl+f what I need.

1969 and 1970 have been both frustrating and arduous for my research, as these years the magazine hasn't been consolidated in the form that we know and love today, (hell, even in 69' the "W" of "WSJ" is not yet in action, as the magazine is not weekly) most series are short works of veterans and known authors, they come in, work for 3-5 issues, and then go out, sometimes working on another series.

The shortness and irregularity of publishing pushes these series out of regular volume compilations, I'm guessing that if they DO exist, are in books of a bunch of the author's work (Like Oda's wanted) or inside the regular volumes of other series of that author (As Sorachi's weird super strong bancho story in Gintama).

Well, I've already checked for 12 of 19 of the series of 69. And of those, I couldn't find anything solid for 6 of them. A couple descriptions here and there, and maybe a cover of The Twillight Zone, but I'm not sure.

None of that year's series made it to 71'.

The 70's are going to take me a long time to check, as it is the year with the most started series in the Magazine's history, with 33, as it keept the short series idea (even if it did had a handful of long series) plus the first year that it was trully Weekly.

I'm probably going to leave kochikame for last, maybe doing 10 years sprints to ease the search.

Kuroko no Basket Cover & Title C
    One Piece
    Assassination Classroom
    Shokugeki no Soma C
    Toriko
    PSI Saiki Kusuo
    Nisekoi C
    Naruto
    Himedol
    Hinomaru Sumo C
    Kurokuroku
    World Trigger
    Jaco
    Haikyuu
    Beelzebub
    Gintama
    Kochikame
    Soul
    Smokey BB

Shokugeki no Soma Cover & Title
    C Orekoi (Nisekoi x Ore Monogatari), World Trigger, Kaiki Combination (one-shot by Mochizuki)

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Shokugeki no Soma C

Shokugeki no Soma Cover & Title
    ehehehe... *drools*
    Last edited by Enzeru; August 21st, 2013 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Nikumi~

tosh color color color color...
    Good god WSJ, don't overwork him.

Hell he just did color for Jump LIVE chapter too, they're working him HARD.

EDIT: Oh, and Soma has hit 1.4million copies. And vol.4 is about to be released. Hell yeah.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; August 21st, 2013 at 03:30 AM.

Just read the first chapter of Himedol and I liked it a lot. I hope is a huge success and not just a temporary series!

Good for Tosh that Soma is being a huge success, bad for him that he have to work a lot. Let's see the Color pages/cover :)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information