+ Reply to Thread
Page 331 of 844 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321 329 330 331 332 333 341 381 431 831 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

DB´s wiki page says that it sold 230 million worldwide, subtract the 157 mil sold in Japan and you get the number for the international sales which, surprisingly, is very high but it´s DB after all.

600.000 would be a high number per year, the only other number i know is that OP has sold nearly 4 million copies in Germany.

I found information about Dragon Ball sales worldwide! I remembered reading in Anime news network in a article of the new movie, that Dragon Ball Toei site was saying how much it sold worldwide.

Here is the article!

The site also notes that Akira Toriyama's original Dragon Ball manga has sold over 230 million copies worldwide.
    Removing the Japan sells, it gives 72 790 000 copies in other places(a little more than this, because the sales were over 230), in other words, ~46.3% the sales in Japan.

At its peak, each half-volume (100 pages each issue) of Dragonball Z managed to sell a record of 130,000 copies here, according to the publisher's official report in 2001/2002. I don't believe any other manga ever got even close.
    The worldwide numbers are purely an estimate, maybe they're even higher. The tankobon format didn't use to be the regular one around the world until a few years ago, which makes the math even more complicated.
    Last edited by goty; August 7th, 2013 at 02:55 AM.

Tezuka's Black Jack supposedly sold more overseas than in Japan.
    I have NO clue where though. I guess combined figures in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    How is that possible? I mean it already sold approx 50 million in Japan, where is the market outside of Japan for Black Jack to have such high numbers?

To be honest, i can´t estimate OP´s numbers outside of Japan at all. Like i mentioned, in Germany it sold 4 million, we got the numbers of France, i know that it is big in South Korea and Taiwan but beyond that, completely clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Maybe Brazil Too, didn't Tezuka had good contacts there? I believe he was a good friend of Mauricio de Sousa writer of "Turma da Mônica". They even made a crossover!(It seems they had a lot of plans of crossovers, but because of licensing problems the crossover was only possible after Tezuka death).

Last edited by Bigivel; August 7th, 2013 at 04:34 AM.

Cebolinha >>>>>> all

Quote Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
    Cebolinha >>>>>> all
    Ha, a friend from a country with the same language! Olá, tudo bem! Como vai isso ai? Yep, Turma da Mônica is great and so nostalgic! I still remember when I was younger, reading the books was awesome and funny as hell. I don't remember well, but I'm almost certain that it was "Turma da Mônica" and the "Tio Patinhas"(The Portuguese version of Disney's Uncle Scrooge) that introduce me to my love of Manga(or how is said in Portugal "Banda Desenhada").

Now that I remembered it, I will start reading it again. :)

I doubt a Tezuka has ever sold well even in France. None of his titles are in recent 'biggest print list' of ACBD. And honestly those who buy him is the niche of adults interested in manga history, not the teenagers who make best sellers.
    For info the best sells for a seinen in France is Kami no Shizuku

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I doubt a Tezuka has ever sold well even in France. None of his titles are in recent 'biggest print list' of ACBD. And honestly those who buy him is the niche of adults interested in manga history, not the teenagers who make best sellers.
    For info the best sells for a seinen in France is Kami no Shizuku
    That recent 'biggest print list' of ACBD is for "all time" or a short span of time? If it is just a short span of time, then isn't something surprising, since his last work was in 85(I believe), even before I was born. If it is of all time, it could be that the list haven't only manga? In that case other french/belgian comics like "Asterisk and Obelix" and "Tintin" would obfuscate most of the potential manga in that list. If the list is only manga, then I guess, strangely, Tezuka didn't have a good audience in France.

It's of the recent years but manga started to be a little known only after the publication of Akira in 1990 when he was already dead and become really important only in the 2000.
    And you can't compare it to Asterix. Last album which was the crapiest of the crapiest French comic ever written was first printed over 3 millions. A new volume of one piece is just above 100 000. But the list is only about mangas, there is another one for French comics
    Last edited by Kdom; August 7th, 2013 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Maybe Brazil Too, didn't Tezuka had good contacts there? I believe he was a good friend of Mauricio de Sousa writer of "Turma da Mônica". They even made a crossover!(It seems they had a lot of plans of crossovers, but because of licensing problems the crossover was only possible after Tezuka death).
    That's true, but Black Jack wasn't released here. In fact i think Ribon no Kishi was the only Tezuka manga we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Yep, Turma da Mônica is great and so nostalgic! I still remember when I was younger, reading the books was awesome and funny as hell. I don't remember well, but I'm almost certain that it was "Turma da Mônica" and the "Tio Patinhas"(The Portuguese version of Disney's Uncle Scrooge) that introduce me to my love of Manga(or how is said in Portugal "Banda Desenhada").
    If you're a fan, try to read a new graphic novel called "Laços", it's pretty awesome and has a different art style.

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    That's true, but Black Jack wasn't released here. In fact i think Ribon no Kishi was the only Tezuka manga we got.
    That's too bad. Than I don't know where Black Jack was so famous, in Portugal wasn't for sure :(. Maybe other Asiatic countries or America? Kdom said that not even in France it was very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    If you're a fan, try to read a new graphic novel called "Laços", it's pretty awesome and has a different art style.
    Wow! So different!

First Version
    Spoiler:

and "Laços" Version

Spoiler:

and then the "Jovem" version

Spoiler:

Unfortunately for me buying "Graphic novels" and "Manga" here in Portugal is a pain in the ass! There was a time where Portugal had a lot of Brasil GN(Graphic Novels), or maybe because I was a kid I thought that was the case, but right now is a hard thing. You can find random issues in bookstores, but nothing consistent(maybe if I become a frequent client I can ask for regular imports). Do you know a site with "Turma da Mônica: Laços", where I read? I'm really interested, I wanna give it a try.
    Last edited by Bigivel; August 7th, 2013 at 07:49 AM.

This is somewhat interesting

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    This is somewhat interesting

Spoiler:

Yep, very! I hoped it would had from 2008-2012, too! It would be great if somebody here in Arlong Park started gathering this kind of information.

Damn that Dragonball and One Piece domination

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Hmm, where did you get that list, i could not even find that?

And where is Hokuto no Ken?
    I found in this article about Hokuto no Ken sales, but this article his from 2007 and it has information like Dragon Ball worldwide sold 300+ Millions copies(That is an Internet Myth! It would definitely be weird if Dragon Ball sold as much(or more) worldwide than in Japan). So is not that much reliable, but at least a lot of information is correct.

The article is here!

Fist of the North Star 27 complete 47,000,000 - 60,000,000
    That makes:
    Fist of the North Star -> 1.74 - 2.2 Millions copies per volume. In the top 10 most selling titles of jump it is between, 8 place, above Bleach and below Naruto, and number 5 place, above rurouni kenshin and below Yu Yu Hakusho.

If Fist of the North Star had more than 100+ Millions copies in total than it would had 3.7+ Million copies per volume, almost the same or more than Dragon Ball 3.74+ Million copies per volume.

Tosh' poster isn't out yet?

Uh, check the previous page...

Well, shit. Silly me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information