+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 844 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 378 428 828 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 16873

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    only two? Wow. The most popular with 60+ is actually one of my all-time favourites, ahaha. As is #8, but I assume most people know Play Ball from its fairly recent anime.
    Well I don't, in fact I've never heard of it prior to this. :O
    Last edited by No Maam; August 5th, 2013 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Also what's that "wow" supposed to mean ? >:3

Harenchi Gakuen at #1 for the 60+? People sticking it to the PTA?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Harenchi Gakuen at #1 for the 60+? People sticking it to the PTA?
    And the fact that Go Nagai fucking kicks ass...

That's list of "shocking" best scenes.

So controversial series will, obviously, be high.

If it's a list of shocking scenes then I'm surprised Death note isn't anywhere on the list for the mango generation.

Yeah, that changes a lot of things.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Since you are online anyway Aohige, i have a question and i could not find the answer online: Are there any titles besides Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk and One Piece, which have a similar, average amount of sold copies per volume? I donīt know which title is leading in this aspect, DB, SD and OP should be pretty close but i donīt know of any other manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    If it's a list of shocking scenes then I'm surprised Death note isn't anywhere on the list for the mango generation.
    yeah...that came in my mind too....and no Ruroken in 40's....

P.S:on thinking again it's serialization time(1995-1999) put it in rather odd spot...people in their 30's would have been primary readers of it back then...
    Last edited by auem; August 5th, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Yeah, that changes a lot of things.

Since you are online anyway Aohige, i have a question and i could not find the answer online: Are there any titles besides Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk and One Piece, which have a similar, average amount of sold copies per volume? I donīt know which title is leading in this aspect, DB, SD and OP should be pretty close but i donīt know of any other manga.
    For me that information would be really interesting. I want to know it too!
    I only have it for the top 10 most sold titles of Jump:

Average Copies sold per Volume
    1. One Piece(69 volumes) : 4.173 Millions
    2. Slam Dunk(31 Volumes) : 3.880 Millions (-293 Thousands than One Piece)
    3. Dragon Ball(42 Volumes) : 3.743 Millions (-137 Thousands than Slam Dunk)
    4. Yu Yu Hakusho(19 Volumes) : 2.631 Millions (-1,112 Millions than Dragon Ball)
    5. Rurouni Kenshin(28 Volumes) : 2.096 Millions (-535 Thousands than Yu Yu Hakusho)
    6. Hunter x Hunter(32 Volumes) : 2.058 Millions (-38 Thousands than Rurouni Kenshin)
    7. Naruto(64 Volumes) : 2.051 Millions (-7 Thousands than Hunter x Hunter)
    8. Bleach(58 Volumes) : 1.415 Millions (-636 Thousands than Naruto)
    9. Kochikame(185 Volumes) : 0.845 Millions (-570 Thousands than Bleach)
    10. Jojo(107 Volumes) : 0.644 Millions (-201 Thousands than Kohikame)

Hmm, where did you get that list, i could not even find that?

And where is Hokuto no Ken?

I don't think there's a list, but you can just look at the top selling manga with low volumes.
    For example, Adachi Mitsuru's mega-hit "Touch" reached 100 million with only 26 volumes, bringing it to nearly 4 million an issue - rivaling the three you listed.

Older hit series have many reprints and versions, so they have an immense advantage.

Should be from taking the top 10 lifetime selling series from Shueisha's media guide, then divide the totals by # of volumes out by then
    Hokuto no Ken isn't listed cause it's no longer owned by Shueisha, isn't it?

Author's comments from Viz's Jump, for those who are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by zogobob View Post
    Spoiler:

Hmm yeah, Adachi was the first who came to mind but i thought that maybe there are a few titles in the post-Tezuka era or even Tezuka titles, i think Astro Boy should also come close.

Author's comments from Viz's Jump, for those who are interested.

Hmm yeah, Adachi was the first who came to mind but i thought that maybe there are a few titles in the post-Tezuka era or even Tezuka titles, i think Astro Boy should also come close.
    Well, Astroboy is up there as well, it's surpassed 100 million.
    But the problem is, most of these older titles are completely impossible to gauge exact figures.
    Various services we have these days tracking the overall print count are much more recent than existence of these manga.

It's similar to situation with Frank Sinatra and Elvis likely having higher print than Michael Jackson, but estimates are almost impossible, and thus MJ is considered the top by many.

Hmm, where did you get that list, i could not even find that?

And where is Hokuto no Ken?
    From the Shueisha's media guide posted in this forum.
    Hokuto no Ken wasn't there!

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I don't think there's a list, but you can just look at the top selling manga with low volumes.
    For example, Adachi Mitsuru's mega-hit "Touch" reached 100 million with only 26 volumes, bringing it to nearly 4 million an issue - rivaling the three you listed.

Older hit series have many reprints and versions, so they have an immense advantage.
    Did "Touch" made exactly 100 Millions or more? If it was so popular it should be really good. I will take a look!
    Does others Magazine have a media guide with the top 10 sells of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Should be from taking the top 10 lifetime selling series from Shueisha's media guide, then divide the totals by # of volumes out by then
    Hokuto no Ken isn't listed cause it's no longer owned by Shueisha, isn't it?
    Yep, pretty much this! :)

Thatīs surprising considering HnK had nearly 3 million copies sold per volume

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Batoto also use the fewest amount of ads possible (just enough to keep it running), and refuses to host scans from those that use them to make a lot of money (like MP)?
    I remember Grumpy (the creator) was in the hole a lot when it first went up. Not sure about now. I remember the ads were just enough for server costs, and the rest went to the scanlator or something.
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

Quote Originally Posted by Bigivel View Post
    Did "Touch" made exactly 100 Millions or more? If it was so popular it should be really good. I will take a look!
    It's one of the greatest manga of all time and basically established the concept of a sports comic that deals with subtle and delicate emotions rather than just RAHHH I LOVE SPORTS I'M GONNA BE THE BEST GOTTA TRY HARDER

I prefer Touch's anime though for some reason.

Ohh, Touch is my favorite Manga only surpassed by One Piece (my Top 5 is 1) One Piece ; 2) Touch ; 3) Hunter x Hunter ; 4) City Hunter ; 5) Hokuto no Ken).

I love all Adachi Mangaīs, they are very special.

Yep, Touch is very special, surprised to see City Hunter in your top 5 though

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information