+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 844 FirstFirst ... 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 827 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,540 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzinho View Post
    Well, I only started following WSJ a few mmonths after Dois Sol and co started, so I don't know about that. But as long as I have been following Jump (2 1/2 years) it always had 20 series. But maybe you're right, I don't know. Was just wondering.
    The simple answer would have been that, as with all things the internet believes about Weekly Shonen Jump, there's no proven system (to say nothing of the fact the average amount of series is actually 21, because HxH is still a serialised title, even if it NEVER appears beyond those little "this is what's going on in the anime" pages. We just like to drag out discussions of stuff, clearly ahaha.

-------------

Mangapanda are scum, and shitty scum too, so the malware thing is hilarious, but a cruel part of me extends wishing of such things to all groups who release stuff ahead of the monday release of Jump. A stupid part too, because I like a lot of the crew who do such things for those groups. Still... grrr.

I'm curious, why is Mangapanda "scum"? I heard the same thing tossed around for Manga Fox (and maybe some others, I forgot).
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

Quote Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
    I'm curious, why is Mangapanda "scum"? I heard the same thing tossed around for Manga Fox (and maybe some others, I forgot).
    Mainly because they don't even try when they translate, they have really badly cleaned scans, they put their watermark all over the pages, and split pages so they can advertise even more.

Spoiler:

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Mangapanda are all that is wrong about speed scanlation.

And let's not forget they throw in those godawful memes along with the chapters.

They also have some obnoxious fan art before every chapter

They are estimated to make a very large revenue, estimated to be thousands of dollars a month, entirely on criminal activity of pirating an already weekly published, English license.
    The fan-sub/scanlation excuse does not apply here one bit.

I always thought Manga Panda was a mirror site for Manga Reader, or is it the other way around?

Edit: Oh and what about Batoto?
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

I always thought Manga Panda was a mirror site for Manga Reader, or is it the other way around?

yeah,they are sister sites what i have heard......
    funny that they say at the end of the chapter that you can display it anywhere,but in their watermark they say don't give credit to any other sites...
    even funnier is their list of 'Comedy' manga Bleach ranks first,OP fifth and Naruto is not in the list...

They are the mac donald of the scanlation. Everybody says it is crap, still it's always full when you go there :-)

Manga Panda is owned and run by the same people as Manga Reader. The Manga Panda site only started because Manga Reader became inaccessible for people in the US (the majority of Manga Reader/Panda's audience), so they started another site that anyone could access.

Batoto is also an illegal manga hosting site but at the very least they post clean and well translated scanlations.

lets be real, any for profit scan group, any online reader, any group (raw or translated) who release stuff ahead of publication date, and any self-righteous person who tries to justify these things are scummy.
    scanlation has its good and bad points, and manga wouldnt be what it is today without classic groups like toriyamas world who helped show what works for an international audience or pioneering types out there who expose obscure gems to the world, but on these things it really should be unaminous

i'm giving a pass to licensed releases that come out after release date in this instance as a consideration to availability, natch

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Batoto also use the fewest amount of ads possible (just enough to keep it running), and refuses to host scans from those that use them to make a lot of money (like MP)?
    Last edited by Cruithne; August 5th, 2013 at 09:30 AM.

Well, this is somewhat interesting, though i doubt that it is really representative

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    The Japanese variety program, Generation Tengoku, did the two hours special for Shounen Jump. They showed the top 10 series for all three generations, well technically their top 10 best scenes (you can see the generation gap):

A Banana Generation (people who are above 60s)
    01. Harenchi Gakuen
    02. Dokonjou Gaeru
    03. Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo
    04. Samurai Giants
    05. Otoko Ippiki Gaki Taishou
    06. Dr. Slump
    07. Mazinger Z
    08. Play Ball
    09. Cat's♥Eye
    10. Circuit no Ohkami

A Kiwi Generation (people who are in 40s)
    01. Dragon Ball
    02. Kinnikuman
    03. Slam Dunk
    04. Hokuto no Ken
    05. City Hunter
    06. Captain Tsubasa
    07. Highschool! Kimen-gumi
    08. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    09. Kimagure Orange☆Road
    10. Yu☆Yu☆Hakusho

A Mango Genereation (people who are in 20s)
    01. One Piece
    02. Hunter×Hunter
    03. Naruto
    04. Toriko
    05. Bleach
    06. Hikaru no Go
    07. Yu☆Gi☆Oh
    08. Gintama
    09. Kuroko no Basket
    10. Prince of Tennis

Toriko is surprisingly high

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    Toriko is surprisingly high
    Yup, I was gonna comment on this. It makes me proud how it's above Bleach

Oh, that's good, I'm basically either 40 or 60 years old by this standard ¬_¬

But is still below Naruto, and that pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    Oh, that's good, I'm basically either 40 or 60 years old by this standard ¬_¬
    Take what little comfort you can from the fact I am familiar with two of the series in the first group.

I see that the stuff popular with the oldest crowd seems to be stuff that's been over for well over 20 plus years.

Aside from Kochikame but that began serialisation 37 years ago, so a person who is 60 now would have been 23 when it started.

only two? Wow. The most popular with 60+ is actually one of my all-time favourites, ahaha. As is #8, but I assume most people know Play Ball from its fairly recent anime.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information