+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 844 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 425 825 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,500 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Luffy and Gon View Post
    I am rereading Dragonball and there has definitely been a decline in WSJ in the past few years, markedly since Naruto and Bleach started turning horrible. I would like some good new stuff to come out that isn't going to be cancelled in a few weeks. Am I asking too much of modern WSJ?
    Every time I read your comment, for some reason, it becomes worse!
    Let's see:
    - What rereading Dragonball have to do with WSJ decline? Are you talking about decline of a Magazine with 20 series, just because of 1? One series that ended 18 years ago?
    - What WSJ decline? I hope you're not talking about the 90's(time Dragonball ended), because that is way way long ago, it had a lot of possible reasons(majority have nothing to do with WSJ), it was a decline in the all industry, not only jump, and it doesn't matter the least to the current times.
    - When you're talking about decline, what decline are you talking? You talk about Naruto and Bleach becoming horrible and WSJ having a decline, because of that, but what kind of decline? Popularity? Individual series popularity normally doesn't have a reasonable impact in a Magazine(WSJ magazine is made of a lot of series) and Bleach drop in popularity didn't affected WSJ in terms of popularity, Naruto never had a drop in popularity, and if it had was never significant. Sales? WSJ, for 2-3 years, sales have been increasing, in opposition with a lot of other magazines in the industry, and is the best selling manga(comic) magazine in Japan and the world, selling ~2,8 Millions copies(I believe this number is an average of each issue, am I right?) more than 1 Million copies than the second best selling.
    - About the good new stuff I already answered in my preview reply. A resume to the answer, is that good new stuff do appear, you only have to have patience and enjoy what the magazine already currently provides. You can always look other titles in different Manga Magazines! WSJ is definitely not the only magazine out there with good titles.
    - The problem is not that you're asking too much of modern WSJ, but that you don't understand very well about how the magazine works right now and how use to work before. It seems you're with the misconception that the only thing that matters are the super popular titles, that good awesome new series should appear all the time and that the usual cancellation of new series is something new and even bad(I believe that each year exists 5 meetings where are cancelled in average 3 series per meeting, giving an average of 15 cancellations per year. This last three years, counting our current year, 6 new series entered and are having "success" in WSJ. This is, 30% of WSJ current successful series is made of titles from the last 3 years).

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

the late 80s/early 90s sure had some good series, but man... what a dumb statement. Dragon Ball was one series, you can't use that as a basis for decline. Sure we had Slam Dunk, Rokudenashi Blues and stuff around then, but by and large Jump now is at a new high, between the established long-term hits, the NPG and up and comers like Soma and (maybe) world trigger. I love these weird arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    the late 80s/early 90s sure had some good series, but man... what a dumb statement. Dragon Ball was one series, you can't use that as a basis for decline. Sure we had Slam Dunk, Rokudenashi Blues and stuff around then, but by and large Jump now is at a new high, between the established long-term hits, the NPG and up and comers like Soma and (maybe) world trigger. I love these weird arguments.
    Also isn't Assclass pretty damn popular ?

Do they call it "AssClass" in Japan, because I really hope they do

This is a little off topic! In the History's Strongest Disciple chapter 533, it appears a person that has a Weekly Sunday and he says he wrote the Magazine Survey and asks someone to send it. I always thought that Weekly Shonen Sunday didn't had surveys! What kind of survey? Like Weekly Shonen Jump? What kind of feedback the Magazine gives to the readers? The TOC, just like Jump? I heard that WSunday and WMagazine TOCs don't map into people preferences like WSJump does.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Most magazines take surveys, but it's only really jump that seems to actively display some semblance the results they receive via the toc (regardless of the fact they purportedly only process 1~% of all surveys

Also yeah Assassination Classroom is popular, at least as much so as Death Note was.

And i don't think Japan would call it AssClass, because that name depends on the english translation.

Here is the teaser to the most exciting Jump special of all times

Clearly, Hirohiko Araki's cooking must inspire Matsui to draw a Soma-esque foodgasming Koro-sensei.
    Or Nagisa, just to screw with us.

I wonder what they will do now that Mutou Black ended. Will the slot be taken by oneshots or is there actually going to be a new series or will the slot be left empty...

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzinho View Post
    I wonder what they will do now that Mutou Black ended. Will the slot be taken by oneshots or is there actually going to be a new series or will the slot be left empty...
    Obviously a new serie will take its spot just like it usually does. Good riddance to bad rubbish Mutou Black.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Obviously a new serie will take its spot just like it usually does. Good riddance to bad rubbish Mutou Black.
    Yeah, but they just started a new bunch of serie - Kurokuroko and Hime Dol (if I spelled them right). Normally there aren't any other new series until around 8 weeks or so later.
    Here is my list of mangas I have read so far:
    http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Lutzinho

Quote Originally Posted by Lutzinho View Post
    Yeah, but they just started a new bunch of serie - Kurokuroko and Hime Dol (if I spelled them right). Normally there aren't any other new series until around 8 weeks or so later.
    That was just to replace Edison and Cross Manage, so we *should* be seeing something next week to take up the spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    That was just to replace Edison and Cross Manage, so we *should* be seeing something next week to take up the spots.
    But normally we already know when there will be a new series a week early becuase of spoilers. There wasn't anything saying that a new series will start next week. That's why I'm wondering.
    Here is my list of mangas I have read so far:
    http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Lutzinho

I wonder if the plan is to fill space with one-shots until Jaco ends, then pump in a few fresh series then.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    I wonder if the plan is to fill space with one-shots until Jaco ends, then pump in a few fresh series then.
    Honestly I'm assuming the one shots are just a fill in for Bleach during it's hiatus

Ahh good point, forgot about Bleach being out for a spell.

Jump does not have a constant number of series, so what is the big issue here ?

Eiichiro Oda exclusive illustration from Jump Live (Im searching HQ version), thanks tonytonychopper.xxxblog.jp

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

That sexy skeletron.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information