+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 844 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 423 823 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 16874

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Oh boy, that show must be awesome.

I'm hoping Araki and Matsui do Jojo poses while cooking, and use octopus tentacles resembling Koro sensei.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I'm hoping Araki and Matsui do Jojo poses while cooking, and use octopus tentacles resembling Koro sensei.
    I'd read that so hard.
    Or how about a Stand that specializes in extreme cooking? Sure it doesn't make sense, but a lot of JJBA doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    Or how about a Stand that specializes in extreme cooking? Sure it doesn't make sense, but a lot of JJBA doesn't make sense.
    That Stand already exists. Remember that chef at Part 4?

So um

Who wants to cook pasta with Araki (Jojo) and Matsui (AssClass, Neuro)?

http://i.imgur.com/pMlu8fk.jpg
    Araki is the one in the left? That is a fake photo, Araki has to be ALWAYS the youngest jump author in existence. Whenever a new author shows up, araki becomes one day younger than him/her.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Basslion View Post
    That Stand already exists. Remember that chef at Part 4?
    Pearl Jam. From the italian guy.

So um

Is Araki finally starting to age? He doesn't look like the immortal vampire he normally does in photos.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

He still has the same hair and general look, hence the gag. Really he's aged about as well as any of his similarly-aged peers, like Tatsuya Egawa and Kazuki Takahashi. So many authors only really seem to look their age as they hit 60, like Toriyama, Akimoto or Kurumada. There's something about those early 50s that seem to treat manga-ka pretty well, at least at this one specific moment in time.

Except Egawa Tatsuya went from being a slimmer douchebag to a fat pig douchebag
    Still draws himself like a badass, despite looking like the sore loser that he is.

who is the youngest author to get a serialization in WSJ..?

Except Egawa Tatsuya went from being a slimmer douchebag to a fat pig douchebag
    Still draws himself like a badass, despite looking like the sore loser that he is.
    Oh, I won't question his fat and douchyness, just that he looks quite a young douchebag for his age.... Not that I know why he's a douchebag, even. Is that a thing?

--------------
    Oh and the youngest serialised creator in Jump.... Hmmm.... God, I don't think I'd even know... Surely someone who just got out of college when serialised, like Naoshi Komi with Double Arts, but I don't have the foggiest on this one.

Obata was bang-on 20 when he debuted.... Maybe it's him? I thought maybe Usuta but he was 21 when Sexy Commando debuted. So was Katsura with Wingman. So... Takeshi Obata, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    Oh, I won't question his fat and douchyness, just that he looks quite a young douchebag for his age.... Not that I know why he's a douchebag, even. Is that a thing?
    He is probably the most hated manga artist in the industry.
    Do some research to see all the completely batshit crap he has said (and wrote) about just about every legend in the industry, and how he preaches his superiority to everyone.

He's earned quite a few STFU from other manga artists too lol

Will do, sounds like the sort of interesting junk I should know about Jump authors

Youngest jump authors serialised as far as I know are now both of Yudetamago, so far. Writer: 19. Artist: 18 at the debut of kinnikuman.

Who is the youngest mangaka to get a one shot published in Jump(including Jump SQ, SQ19 and all those other Jump affiliates)?

For a one-shot? Oh come on, you know how many of those are published, let alone how open to younger artists they are? Not even worth the effort. Serials are enough of a challenge.

EDIT: oh wow, found some of those quotes of Egawa's... Ugh, there's another creator whose work is sullied for me. Hooray (well okay I only really know Taluluto, but still ugh ugh ugh

DOUBLE EDIT: DAMMIT AOHIGE WITH YOUR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE :P
    Last edited by Maxy B; August 1st, 2013 at 06:46 AM.

Youngest mangaka debut ever for shounen manga: Yumi Horibe, at 14 years old. Weekly Shounen Jump 33, 1997
    Youngest mangaka debut ever for shoujo manga: Sho Kitagawa, at 13 years old. Bessatsu Margaret, 1981

Horibe Yumi was a short lived one, but Sho Kitagawa went on to become a seinen manga veteran on Young Jump.

Could you share the gossip?

I can't research right now..

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Could you share the gossip?

I can't research right now..
    I'll just refer one of my old posts.

Yes, Egawa Tatsuya, known for Tokyo University Story and Golden Boy.
    I won't go into details, but you can find mountains of crap online I'm sure.

Spoiler:

1) He bashes and talks shit about pretty much every successful people before him, including Tezuka Osamu, Fujiko F Fujio, Hayao Miyazaki, etc. You know, some of the most nationally beloved artists of all time. Calling them names, hypocrites, morally challenged and warped childrens' minds, etc.
    2) In the same breath he praises himself and his own works, even boasting he can do better than those legends, and bashes anyone who criticizes him as idiots who just don't understand his greatness.
    3) He often gives up on his works, starts slacking off with half-assed pages, and even just throws out chicken doodles in the "I don't give a shit anymore lol" manner.
    4) He vocally insults video gamers, he calls them morons with no thoughts of their own, and anyone who plays Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy are idiots.

List goes on.

Some of his *cough* awesome *cough* comments
    Spoiler:

"Ryoutarou Shiba (one of the greatest novel writers in Japanese history)'s Above the Clouds is boring. I can write it better."
    "Doraemon ruins children"
    "Anyone that plays DQ or FF is a moron"
    "Anyone that plays Mario is a moron"
    "Fujiko F Fujio is an evil man who preys on children"
    "Reading novels will ruin a person"
    "De Vinci isn't all that good in math. And I think he's a shitty writer too"
    "See, I have three brains, each for Logic, Literature, and Art. No one else is like me"
    "Tezuka Osamu is the devil of manga"
    "We have one thing in common, we both hate schools. You hate school because you're stupid. I hate school because I'm too smart for it"

Pretty much the most vocally hated guy in the entire manga industry by both his peers and readers.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; August 1st, 2013 at 07:36 AM.

^I'd like to see that guy's face on the day he gets beaten up by three manga-ka in a back-alley.

I always wondered why there wasn't a comic based on the life of Egawa Tatsuya. Surely that would have been amusing (even though he's not dead...but still....)

So um

This looks like something that was....

...Made in Heaven.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information