+ Reply to Thread
Page 318 of 844 FirstFirst ... 218 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 418 818 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Bonney_AP View Post
    Toriko Cover
    World Trigger (Color)
    Beelzebub (Color)

Source : Nensense

It says Cover but it´s not in blue, nor says (color). So, it´s Toriko getting a color cover or not? s:

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Probably? We're not exactly perfect at formatting such things. But it's super rare that a series *just* gets a cover

edit: OOP THERE IT IS, from Kaze via Oberon @MH

Jump #34 (22/07) :
    Toriko (Cover & Lead Color Page)
    Assassination Classroom
    One Piece
    Ginga Patrol Jako
    Naruto
    World Trigger (Color Page)
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Hq!!
    Beelzebub (Color Page)
    Nisekoi
    Kuroko no Basket
    Bleach
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Soul Catcher(S)
    Kochikame
    Gintama
    Mutou Black
    Smoky B.B.
    Koisuru Edison
    Cross Manage
    Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

#35:
    Cover & Lead CP: Kurokuroku by Atsushi Nakamura (New Series, 54 pg.)
    CP: Kuroko no Basket, Shokugeki no Souma
    Absent: One Piece, Bleach (Till Issue #41)

(EDIT: IT'S NOT KURO CLOCK! IT'S KUROKUROKU)
    Last edited by Maxy B; July 17th, 2013 at 01:28 AM.

yesyesyesyes another color cover for Torikoooooooo~<3 I really hope the branch chiefs get one plz plz plz >w<

World Trigger center color.
    Looks like it's here to stay for a while now.
    Good thing, the story is just getting interesting.

And DEFINITELY looking forward to Kurokuroku.
    I hope all the sarcastic, objective viewpoint jokes of the highschool girl are all still there!

... I just realised... HIGH KYUU!! IN THE TOP FIVE! FINALLY IT CLIMBS BACK UP! Whoo!

Also Cross Manage confirmed over. I leave now to weep.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    ... I just realised... HIGH KYUU!! IN THE TOP FIVE! FINALLY IT CLIMBS BACK UP! Whoo!

Also Cross Manage confirmed over. I leave now to weep.
    Didn't you guys used to romanise it as Hikyuu or something ?

a lot of people do it as haikyuu!! but I tend towards High Kyuu!! just 'cause the name is somehow a pun on high school or something. Also because Sasaki Hisashi referred to it as such and I guess he's our marker for english names of series.

Shonen Jump's Assassination Classroom Manga Gets Event Anime

This year's 34th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that the upcoming Jump Super Anime Tour 2013 event will screen an exclusive anime adaptation of Yusei Matsui's Assassination Classroom (Ansatsu Kyōshitsu) comedy manga.

The Jump Super Anime Tour is returning for the first time in over two years. It will travel to five cities throughout Japan from October 6 to November 24. In addition to the exclusive Assassination Classroom anime, it will also preview the latest footage from SHAFT and Akiyuki Shinbo's upcoming Nisekoi anime, promote this fall's second Kuroko's Basketball season, and screen an exclusive original Naruto Shippūden anime story.
    The tour teases that this original Naruto anime will feature the "unbelievable appearance of a certain popular character."

Source : naruto-niichan

Man if feels sooooooo weird to see Toriyama's self-avatar back in TOC page of Jump.

No Bleach for 6 weeks? Kubo must have been tired from drawing all these backgrounds, poor guy deserves a good rest.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Well, it was an instant hit, and you can see the change of pacing almost instantly. The first couple stories were just a couple chapters each, but by as early as Usopp in volume 4, he was comfortable with doing a 20 chapter (5 month) story.

But as a definitive sign I'd say probably by Sanji was when he already had some idea it was going to be longer, since that was the first time he stopped and slowed down the narrative to do a lengthy multi-chapter flashback in the middle of the action at his own pace. Zoro and Usopp before that had gotten really short backstories, Usopp's barely even existing.

At the same time, I don't think we're ever going to get a 2-3 year 10+ volume arc like Boroque Works, Skypeia or Water 7 again, apart from the final one... (Sabondy, Amazon Lilly, Impel Down, the War, and the aftermath combined was about that long, but they're fairly distinct pieces.) Realizing that there's still another 10 or 15 years ahead of him, Oda's clearly in a little more of a hurry than he used to be ever since the new world started.

Roughly a year (3-4 volumes) is probably about what we can expect out of any major arc at this point, since that's been about the pace since Thriller Bark.
    Mmmm, you're very close. It would be accurate to say that he's trying to tell a more concise story. Part of that is due to certain circumstances but the other half is because he generally feels better when he can tell a concise (preferably five volume) story which is something he tried to pick up from Akimoto.

Anyway, as per par, a very astute observation and opinion based on available public knowledge.

Would that concept still apply when talking about Dressrosa? I have a feeling that arc is going to be a bit longer than five volumes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Mmmm, you're very close. It would be accurate to say that he's trying to tell a more concise story. Part of that is due to certain circumstances but the other half is because he generally feels better when he can tell a concise (preferably five volume) story which is something he tried to pick up from Akimoto.

Anyway, as per par, a very astute observation and opinion based on available public knowledge.
    You have become such a tease. Do these kind of stories ever get released to the general public? As in a book after (or during) the production of the manga?

There's nothing to tease it's just private matters. No grand OP scheme or some fascinating hidden reason.

There's nothing to tease it's just private matters. No grand OP scheme or some fascinating hidden reason.
    But i want DRAMA, Greg..why is there no DRAMA, baby ?!
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

It's just light envy, by now you should know the true reasons of Togashi, the stories of how Death Note trully continued into it's second part, and the reactions of the editorial department of Bakuman's exposee, access to the secret vault of all the Shonen Jump editions, and part of the knowledge of Oda's current editor, and certain levels of closeness to the others.

My work stories (ehm Gossip, if you will) involve who propossed to whom, what's the secret disease, who's pregnant, and who will change area.

So, that's getting an anime now eh? Well, knew it would happen some time, it's pretty popular.
    Man, why is Bleach getting such along break? I heard its in the finale battle too, sales that bad?
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

sales are in gradual decline, but still very strong.
    He apparently needs the long break as he's starting the final arc of the manga supposedly.

To be fair, both Oda and Kishimoto also took a long break before starting a drastically different segment of the manga, so it's understandable.
    I have no hopes of it being any good however, simply from the track record.

Well he did take a month long break before this quincy war arc, and look how good the product came out right after it.

can you elaborate..?..i have never heard anything about this...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information