+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 844 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 814 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Say hwuh? Where'd the news break on that?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...eaking-regions

Oh god I hope the scanlations never stop because of that.

Thanks for the link, fellas. Nice news to hear; the folks over there have certainly waited long enough.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I was not aware that there was a manga market in South Africa. The more you know...
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

So now they're saying "Full-Color Chapters"?

Anybody asked if this is just Alpha exclusive?

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
    Oh god I hope the scanlations never stop because of that.
    I highly doubt they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I was not aware that there was a manga market in South Africa. The more you know...
    Lol yeah. That one took me for a loop as well. I am glad is doing their best to expand.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

i hope scanlations do stop, really. they're a regrettable thing and a legit option becoming better available is the cure

The scanlations helps the development of international markets though...
    And it is not like if mangapanda will stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    i hope scanlations do stop, really. they're a regrettable thing and a legit option becoming better available is the cure
    Sadly that means I'd be shit out of luck.

Cause the only Jump series I can legaly buy in this country are Naruto and Bleach :/

Guys Where preview #33

When pretty much all scanlated mangas are easily available worldwide in digital format and are also very cheap (no reason not to be very cheap since with digital distribution the costs of distribution and the like are much, much lower), then I wouldn't mind that they stopped.

In the meantime, lets remember that its solely thanks to scanlations that a great number of people actually become fans of manga series and actually end up buying the official products.

Quote Originally Posted by rereboy View Post
    When pretty much all scanlated mangas are easily available worldwide in digital format and are also very cheap (no reason not to be very cheap since with digital distribution the costs of distribution and the like are much, much lower), then I wouldn't mind that they stopped.

In the meantime, lets remember that its solely thanks to scanlations that a great number of people actually become fans of manga series and actually end up buying the official products.
    Let's try to keep things even as well: there's also a dark side to scanalations as well. For example: ripping off vizs official translations and calling them their own, while contributing nothing and also not promoting the official release. In some cases, even mocking those who legitimately pay for them.

It's one steep closer to.. well it won't be eliminated, between the 5 days gap that most people would notice (Hell, even if I could pay the thing, I'd still read the scans just for the sake of it), and the thousands of other series that aren't in WSJ International. Is just that the most famous and rentable manga serie of the WORLD, plus a couple more is just a proff of concept with a pretty weird sample.

But untill the digital distribution is global, and they don't force me to read them in spanish because reasons, I can't say for sure.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

in the end i just think about that bubble bursting a few years back, and wonder how much of it was down to the eas of piracy with online readers. though one must lways acknowledge the oversaturation of the market as well i guess.

in the end i just think about that bubble bursting a few years back, and wonder how much of it was down to the eas of piracy with online readers. though one must lways acknowledge the oversaturation of the market as well i guess.
    The world has been in economic and finantial depression since 2007 (which wasn't caused by piracy or scanlation). And Japan had to deal with the economic consequences of the earthquake disaster. That's way more relevant to manga sales than piracy/scanlation, I believe.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    Let's try to keep things even as well: there's also a dark side to scanalations as well. For example: ripping off vizs official translations and calling them their own, while contributing nothing and also not promoting the official release. In some cases, even mocking those who legitimately pay for them.
    Never said it was all good with no downside. It clearly isn't all good.

It was entirely oversaturation.

Tokyopop put out Sailor Moon and Love Hina and those were HUGE successes... and they had 7 other series that were terrible that nobody remembers but... because they only had 9 titles people picked some of those up out of curiosity. Two super strong brands and a handful of mediocre ones, that's fine.

Within about a year they had over TWO HUNDRED titles. Picked up anything they could find cheap, no matter the quality, not caring about trying to grow the market naturally, just trying to cash in (and lets not even get into the dirty dirty shit that went down when they manipulated and abused naive young american talent) ... and EVERY OTHER MANGA AND ANIME COMPANY DID THE SAME THING.

Literally within three years the market had gone from only the best most well known anime and manga coming over to the states (so maybe 20-30 titles a year per company) to literally thousands. And once you start burying the A+ stuff in a pile with dozens of D- garbage, not only does it make it harder for people to find the good stuff and get hooked, it takes up shelf space and retailer dollars and... yeah. it was a mess.

Once upon a time there was a shelf of dragonball, and then a shelf of other shorter series and some standalone movies, and it was pretty much all decent, and it was nearly possible to see everything available, and ocmpanies only got solid products they believed in.

You don't take and industry that had 100 titles a year between 5 different companies and balloon to 5,000 a year of whatever they find that fast. Of course that bubble was going to burst, and quickly.

There's also an entirely different discussion to be had about how something being pushed around fansites heavily give it advertising and makes it popular. The above mentioned Love Hina was a big success because there was so much advance hype for it, and the shows that make it to Cartoon Network all enjoy far greater video sales than nearly naything else in the anime industry, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by rereboy View Post
    The world has been in economic and finantial depression since 2007 (which wasn't caused by piracy or scanlation).
    The anime and manga bubble burst well before that. There's just *so much* crap already out and available right now, and output increased so much, its hard to see.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Wait, I'm lost here. What bubble burst?

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I(and lets not even get into the dirty dirty shit that went down when they manipulated and abused naive young american talent)
    And what is this? (after you just said let's not get into it, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Wait, I'm lost here. What bubble burst?

And what is this? (after you just said let's not get into it, I know)
    I assume they're reffering to a sudden anime/manga market collapse a few years back due to oversaturation and an excesive amount of titles in a market not evolved enough to handle all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    I assume they're reffering to a sudden anime/manga market collapse a few years back due to oversaturation and an excesive amount of titles in a market not evolved enough to handle all of it.
    Well, I know the anime/manga market has slowed down in recent years, but I didn't think it was a sudden thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information