+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 844 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 812 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Luffy and Gon View Post
    He might just be bored. Yeah it's Toriyama so that pretty much ranks him up by default lol. It will be a nice way to make Bleach and Naruto slip further down the ranks. Imagine though if Toriyama, Togashi and Oda were ever in the same jump issue! Toriyama would have to make it a VERY long series but still! That's like having Diego Armando, Phoenix Wright AND Mia Fey on the same defence team in court!
    ... You remember the year 2000? Hunter x Hunter, One Piece and Sand Land were all serialised.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Because the 11 year run of Dragonball is all they know. (Excuse me. the 7 year run of DBZ.) Most fans aren't even aware of Dr. Slump before it, or the numerous short 1 volume series he's done over the years.

Similarly, takehashi is mostly known for InuYasha now, with some Ranma... while Maison Ikkoku and Lum get seriously overlooked (Lum has never finished publishing stateside, and they've tried three different times.) and her one shots are totally unknown.

Or Alex Guiness being in Star Wars... Obi Wan Kenobi is all he's remembered for, despite his 40 year career before that.

It's just a case of their most popular thing overshadowing the entire rest of their work.
    I always though Dr. Slump was nearly as popular as Dragonball in Japan. In Germany it was quite famous as well.
    Older Takehashi works are really getting overlooked, though.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Overlooked? Not in Japan.

Lum from Urusei Yatsura and Kyoko from Maison Ikkoku still ranks among the top most popular female characters usually when there's a wide-age-range poll.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    I could have sworn Tori pretty much decided to retire from his manga career (with occasional one shots and small art stuff).
    "Series" just means "not one-shot". It doesn't really imply anything beyond a volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    I just hope it's not just one of his "series" that ends up being only a volume long.
    That's how all his series have been the last 15 years, and its what you should expect.

Just a one-off tightly paced short story, like Sandland for instance, and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    I always though Dr. Slump was nearly as popular as Dragonball in Japan. In Germany it was quite famous as well.
    Older Takehashi works are really getting overlooked, though.
    In Japan, sure. Stateside? No one gives a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Lum from Urusei Yatsura and Kyoko from Maison Ikkoku still ranks among the top most popular female characters usually when there's a wide-age-range poll.
    The topic was "young manga readers in the west", so I assumed he was referring to american audiences. Of course Japan has a greater and broader appreciation of the author's works.

(Unless I've totally mixed up "east" and "west"...)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The Devil's best friend.

I suppose it makes some sense, Toriyama has taken a long breather from what the hectic manga work schedule however I don't expect this series go on for too long. I expect maybe one or so volumes(like Sand Land). However I don't find him to be the great story-teller he was years ago. Even then, I am interested in him returning to the game(albeit briefly).
    Last edited by Bill; June 27th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.

I'd love for Toriyama to do a one year series. But I guess that an 1-2 volume series will do.

Oneshot "Sporting Salt" has been translated http://manga.casanovascans.com/reade.../en/0/0/page/1

It┤s been a while since a oneshot bored me

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Oneshot "Sporting Salt" has been translated http://manga.casanovascans.com/reade.../en/0/0/page/1

There's just something... off putting by the author's sense and inconsistency of anatomy and proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post

Dear lord...what's up with this guy's proportions?! A lot of his characters look...VERY off (and not in a hilarious parody-ish sort of way).

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Dear lord...what's up with this guy's proportions?! A lot of his characters look...VERY off (and not in a hilarious parody-ish sort of way).
    It's even worse when the one-shot was about... I think sports medicine? and something about anatomy and physiology?

The English Weekly Shonen Jump announced the new Toriyama series today as well. It's called Jaco The Galactic Patrolman and will be another comedy manga. (Link to thread)
    Spoiler:

Are manga sales down again this year?

564 名前:ohana ◆IR7jauNn4E [sage] 投稿日:2013/07/03(水) 17:35:06.74 ID:ilKWpI9AP [2/2]
    巻頭暗殺
    ワンピ
    とりこ
    ソーマ
    斉木
    ニセコイ C
    黒子
    ナルト
    スケット C
    べるぜ
    スモーキー
    トリガー
    ハイキュー
    SOUL
    銀魂
    こち亀
    ブリーチ
    無刀
    エジソン
    クロス

33号 銀河パトロールジャコ 巻頭
    ハイキューC
    トリコ C

#32 (08/07) :
    Ansatsu Ky˘shitsu (Cover, Lead Color)
    One Piece
    Toriko
    Shokugeki no S˘ma
    Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
    Nisekoi (Color)
    Kuroko no Basket
    Naruto
    Sket Dance (End, 23p)
    Beelzebub
    Smoky B.B.
    World Trigger
    Haikyű!!
    Soul Catcher(s)
    Gintama
    Kochi Kame
    Bleach
    Mut˘ Black
    Koi Suru Edison
    Cross Manage

#33 (13/07) :
    Akira Toriyama / Ginga Patrol Jako (Cover, New Serie, 35p)
    Haikyű!! (Color)
    Toriko (Color)

#35 (29/07) :
    Atsushi Nakamura / Kuro Clock (Cover, New Serie)

#36 (05/08) :
    Kazur˘ Ky˘ / Hime Doll (Cover, New Serie)

Heiji
    Last edited by Bonney_AP; July 3rd, 2013 at 02:04 AM.

Loves Delicious Portraits BoomerKoala's Avatar

I want that cover to be my phone cover.

That Toriyama publishes a new series is defenitely worth checking out, but i somehow believe that it will be the old formula Toriyama showed us already a hundret times.
    Once again with new characters who look like all his old characters with some jokes here and there which weren`t that funny to begin with.(Mr. Satan isn`t included..he was hiliarious)
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil┤s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney┤s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha┤s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    That Toriyama publishes a new series is defenitely worth checking out, but i somehow believe that it will be the old formula Toriyama showed us already a hundret times.
    Once again with new characters who look like all his old characters with some jokes here and there which weren`t that funny to begin with.(Mr. Satan isn`t included..he was hiliarious)
    ... Have you read Cowa, Kajika and Kintoki? I don't think they really fit into him using the same designs that much. Sand Land doesn't really do that much either, give or take a couple of references and a dragon quest-like character or two. Really I only see him using the same designs in his Dragon Quest stuff, more so since his art style has taken that lean towards a chibi-er look.

And Sket Dance ends.

Helluva run.

This was Mutou Black's first official ranking. Yeah it's dead.

It┤s a pity, i thought Mutou Black was the most interesting of the newly serialized mangas in WSJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonney_AP View Post
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOPKTTbCUAA_HcL.jpg

#32 (08/07) :
    Ansatsu Ky˘shitsu (Cover, Lead Color)
    One Piece
    Toriko
    Shokugeki no S˘ma
    Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
    Nisekoi (Color)
    Kuroko no Basket
    Naruto
    Sket Dance (End, 23p)
    Beelzebub
    Smoky B.B.
    World Trigger
    Haikyű!!
    Soul Catcher(s)
    Gintama
    Kochi Kame
    Bleach
    Mut˘ Black
    Koi Suru Edison
    Cross Manage

#33 (13/07) :
    Akira Toriyama / Ginga Patrol Jako (Cover, New Serie, 35p)
    Haikyű!! (Color)
    Toriko (Color)

#35 (29/07) :
    Atsushi Nakamura / Kuro Clock (Cover, New Serie)

#36 (05/08) :
    Kazur˘ Ky˘ / Hime Doll (Cover, New Serie)

Heiji
    Is there any information about the 'super-colour' chapter of One Piece next week? VIZ announced something like that IIRC.
    I need a sig

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information