+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 844 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 359 409 809 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Here is a site that gives a historic of oricon sales for most of jump series for those interested (change the encoding of japanese language if the kanji don't appear properly).
    http://www.geocities.jp/jump_manga/

(source Zerocomd : http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3422636)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    I remember the list being of the top ten of all time. A series as long as Bleach would definitely be in the top 10 of currently WSJ manga anyway.

Here it is: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-volume-sales
    as SilverBlade pointed out, that list is just for WSJ...

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    I doubt 'big three' is just a 'a concept of western fandom'....sales speaks otherwise...Bleach is among top 10 highest selling mangas of all time,along with OP,Naruto,HxH and Kochikame(to think half of the list are still running,all in the same magazine!)....

last month i saw here a list where estimated sale of Bleach totaled to 82m....it is running for 13 years...so that means an average of 6m+ a year...yet your data shows in past 5 years it averaged around 3m+.....so clearly there was a time when it was selling to the point of 7-8m/year...enough to be among top 3 most selling mangas of the year if that estimation was right...
    Bleach is NOT in top ten manga series in sales of all time.
    It's in the top ten JUMP manga.

Manga that has reached over 100million mark
    One Piece, Golgo 13, Dragon Ball, Kochikame, Conan, Naruto, Oishinbo, Slam Dunk, Doraemon, Touch, Dokaben, Tetsuwan Atom, etc.
    Hajime no Ippo and Boy Kindaichi are also above bleach at 90m+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    The length and running time of Bleach has certainly made it possible for it to be among the manag best sellers, that point stands and no one argues that. But that doesn't support the assumed "big three" at all. Even in Shonen Jack alone it was behind Hunter x Hunter, even despite it's unstable schedule, and behind Kochikame, due to its much more longer running history. Recently, Kuroko no Basket has also caught up with it thanks to its successful anime. If we look at Shueisha as a whole, there are more successful Blue Exorcist, Kimi ni Todoke and Nana. And that's just a single publisher.

I posted the Oricon numbers that are counted for every new volume since 2008. It doesn't take in account earlier volumes that are constanly on sale but don't make the weekly lists. The unaccounted few millions come from these.

And the list you are talking about, I think most of us have seen it posted over here. For one it has only Shonen Jack data. Furthermore, it looks like that list fails to update any data that wasn't announced by Oricon. It is far from being a credible source.
    i understand that and my reason included that prospect...i was just pointing out that at some point Bleach must had peaked for a period and recognised as one of the top selling manga....
    funny that you saying it far from credible,because i remember Aohige saying it as accurate as possible.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Bleach is NOT in top ten manga series in sales of all time.
    It's in the top ten JUMP manga.

Manga that has reached over 100million mark
    One Piece, Golgo 13, Dragon Ball, Kochikame, Conan, Naruto, Oishinbo, Slam Dunk, Doraemon, Touch, Dokaben, Tetsuwan Atom, etc.
    Hajime no Ippo and Boy Kindaichi are also above bleach at 90m+
    ah!my mistake.....

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Source: Zeromcd

Jump Issue #30 TOC
    PSI Kusuo Saiki (Cover, Lead CP)
    Asassination Classroom
    Toriko
    Gintama (Center Colour)
    Kuroko no Basket
    Naruto
    World Trigger (Center Colour)
    Shokugeki no Soma
    Soul Catcher(S)
    Nisekoi
    Bleach
    Beelzebub (Center Colour)
    Smoky B.B.
    Haikyuu!!
    Chienetsu! David-san (Oneshot, 19pg.)
    Mutou Black
    Kochi Kame
    Sket Dance
    Koisuru Edison
    Cross Manage

Absent: One Piece

Jump Issue #31 Information
    Lead CP/Cover: Gintama
    Center Colour: Toriko, Haikyuu!!

Source: kaze1028

Quote Originally Posted by darktravis View Post
    Edison above CM.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by darktravis View Post
    Chienetsu! David-san
    I'm preeeeetty sure that's not how you romanize that name.

No!!!! Cross Manage! Please! Stay alive!
    God. They could at least give Cross Manage a color spread.
    I would cancel a thousand World Triggers if it kept Cross Manage alive.

And the low rankings for Mutou Black and Smoke B.B. don't bode well, right?

And for minutely related stuff, you can vote for "Nube" and "Otoko Juku" on Daisuki. https://www.daisuki.net/topics/view/10031

it's really unfortunate because Cross Manage is so much fun to read ever since the current game started.

Hunter Pirate Poet Friend of Luffy and Gon's Avatar

Maybe the failings of Naruto and Bleach are so bad they are draining the talent of half wsj.

Despite CM's status, it looks like it will wrap up quite nicely even if it's unlikely to last more than another month or so. That's more satisfying than something like Barrage that sped through it's last chapters and struggled to patch up loose ends. My only complaint would be that some of the team members weren't given enough screen time, but even the current arc/game is giving everyone their little moments here and there.

But yes, I would throw World Trigger into a volcano is it would appease SJ and convince them to spare CM. Though I hear World Trigger is getting better since I gave up on it, so maybe I give it another shot since it may have some longevity.
    My 3DS friend code is 4012-5016-7408.
    Let's smash!

World Trigger's definitely on the upswing.

It's very slowly laying its foundation blocks, and while the backbone plot is intriguing, the execution has been borderline boring as hell.
    I have a hard time passing judgement on World Trigger because I know if I wasn't so interested in the general alien-contact themes, I would have given up on the series as a whole already.
    The recent chapters have been far more interesting than the starting ones.

Shueisha:
    Kochikame #186:

Naruto #65:

Gintama #50:

Toriko #25:

Beelzebub #22:

Assassination Classroom #05:

Cross Manage #03:

Hungry Joker #03:

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san #03:

World Trigger #01:

Koisuru Edison #01:

Quote Originally Posted by Bonney_AP View Post
    Dat AssClass cover. Being epic even with a complete lack of colours. Kubo should take notes.
    I need a sig

CM's doing well in digital sales; is it enough to get Shueisha to consider sparing it?

Wow WT, that's one misleading cover.

Best Toriko cover ever.
    For me, Staa would never take that helmet.

Definitely my favorite Cross Manage cover yet. It would be awesome if the next one was the entire team in uniform.....and then the cover after that all of Choran.....
    Come on! I want to know what the heck they actually look like colored!

And I actually like the World Trigger cover. I have a feeling if the first volume sells well enough, World Trigger will be the next Kurogane.
    I hate that I am actually pretty down on World Trigger now, because if it was doing worse then the next canned would probably be
    it, Edison, and Sket Dance. But no. They have to take my Cross Manage.
    Also though, out of all the most recent new series I have read, World Trigger is definitely the one I liked least.
    I enjoyed Barrage and Takama-ga-hara loads more, and even if I can respect that World Trigger is taking the steady
    world building approach, I can't ignore that it is bitterly slow and boring.

Gonna read Soul Catchers soon....seems like it may not bomb....

Just because CM's on the bottom doesn't mean that it'll get canned before Edison.

What took Edison so long to get a book, anyway? Shouldn't this be it's second?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    Just because CM's on the bottom doesn't mean that it'll get canned before Edison.

What took Edison so long to get a book, anyway? Shouldn't this be it's second?
    It's a gag manga so chapters are much shorter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information