+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 843 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 784 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

It is quite notable, that two of the top three are pairs of a good artist and writer.

I mean, imagine if Bulge or Akaboshi, two example of great art, had an actual writer behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    It is quite notable, that two of the top three are pairs of a good artist and writer.

I mean, imagine if Bulge or Akaboshi, two example of great art, had an actual writer behind them.
    What's Akaboshi??

Shipmate

Akaboshi - Ibun Suikoden, a manga loosely based on Chinese epic Water Margin. The precursor of Barrage on the throne of meh.

Judging by its latest chapter, HJ should be ending pretty soon (probably when they have enough material to fill its 3rd volume).

Your comment made me wonder about something.
    Can you give me an example of a manga where the mangaka who imagined it in the first place decided to only do the art when serialized ? Like "Rabuta & Peace" in Bakuman.
    I guess the opposite can frequently happen but cases where someone actually give up the story he created to someone else must be pretty rare.

^No idea, I'd have to research interviews and such to find out.
    The creative process of specific manga isn't really out in the open unless the authors talk about it.

So anyways... Kiruko-san and Hungry Joker obviously has maybe a few weeks to go, either of these could end any chapter now.
    The wrap-up speed, especially on HJ, is insane fast. It was almost like reading a digest LOL.

Cross Manage is the hardest one to tell. It's like it can end here, or it could go on.
    If there's only two series ending, CM may have narrowly escaped the axe... again. Hopefully that's the case here.

Man, with Sket Dance and Medaka wrapping up, there's gonna be so many vacancy this year.
    Good thing Jump was able to scoop up AC, HQ, Soma, and Saiki, that's going to help Jump a lot in the upcoming generation changes.

EDIT: The one-shot was freakin' hilarious. This one short one-shot is 100x funnier the entire run of Edison.
    It had Joshikousei (Girls-High and Girls-Live) and B-gata H-kei vibes all over it.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; April 12th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

I loved B Gata G Kei! I'll have to keep an eye out to see if this oneshot gets scanned...

Sket Dance is wrapping up?

Quote Originally Posted by dbznarutofreak View Post
    Sket Dance is wrapping up?
    Yes, and it has been for like a year now.
    It's taking time giving closure to every single major characters one chapter at a time as the graduation draws near. This week reached one of the manga's major plot closure, so it's getting closer and closer to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Mugen View Post
    I loved B Gata G Kei! I'll have to keep an eye out to see if this oneshot gets scanned...
    The entire one-shot chapter took place in the hallway of a school, with two girls chatting about superfluous friendship and tiers of school social scene, how to avoid being a loner, and wiggling into pre-established social circles. LOL

Having finished reading today's chapter, I now very much doubt Medaka Box is really ending.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Medaka Box has been fucking with us for ages. I don't even know what to think. Sket Dance though, I'm inclined to agree with Aohige that it's close to the end.

The fake endings must be how Justice League Unlimited did it, they set up the arcs to be functional series ending, and then when they got renewed, just did it again.

Yeah well um, I don't think it's fake this time.
    Judging from the spoilers, it's pretty much impossible lol.

Seems like Koisuru Edison is higher than Gintama, Sket Dance and Beelzebub this week...

The only thing i have to say is: Wtf Jump voters!?

Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    Seems like Koisuru Edison is higher than Gintama, Sket Dance and Beelzebub this week...

The only thing i have to say is: Wtf Jump voters!?
    My speculation is that the author FINALLY noticed his ranking, freaked out, hired a bunch of people to vote for his comic and...yeah that's about it. Honestly there's no way Edison could EVER surpass Gintama...ever...EVER!

The gender swap arc of Gintama was freakin' hilarious.
    Ginko = prettiest woman in gintama history LOL

I bet in a few weeks, when this arc is reflected in the polls, Gintama is gonna soar up.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Jump Issue #21 TOC

Kochikame (Cover, Lead CP)
    Kuroko no Basket
    Assassination Classroom
    One Piece
    Dark Pawn (Center Colour, Oneshot)
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Brand New School Day (Center Colour, Oneshot)
    Toriko
    Shokugeki no Souma
    Bleach (Center Colour)
    Haikyuu!!
    Nisekoi
    World Trigger
    Koisuru Edison
    Sket Dance
    Beelzebub
    Gintama
    Medaka Box
    Cross Manage
    Hungry Joker
    Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san

Absent: Naruto

Jump Double Issue #22/23 Information
    Lead CP: One Piece
    Center Colour: Medaka Box (END), Moon Walker LTD.II (Oneshot), Tetokuchi (Oneshot/Bangaihen)

source: Zeromcd

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

One piece gets a color page, awesome. And medaka box is really ending this time huh.

I guess the next issue is coming out on Tuesday?Since the double issue comes in Japan on Saturday 27th.

The gender swap arc of Gintama was freakin' hilarious.
    Ginko = prettiest woman in gintama history LOL

I bet in a few weeks, when this arc is reflected in the polls, Gintama is gonna soar up.
    Aohige, as a native Japanese yourself, you probably don't pay much attention to that, but why the hell is Gintama so hard to read? lol

I've been using manga to study Japanese for a couple of years now and I'm able to read One Piece, Jojo and even a few seinen without much problem, but I have no idea what's wrong with Gintama (or rather, what's wrong with me). It's like the vocabulary is on a completely different level. I'm about to give up here lol

It's not only a problem with the cultural references. Maybe it's because it's a gag manga or because it's too text-heavy.

Well, have you ever thought how hard it would be to translate complete in-the-gutter comedy?
    Imagine translating a standup comedian who constantly utilizes puns, toilet humor, and utterly tasteless genitalia references, to another language.

That's pretty much Gintama.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information