+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 844 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 528 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

I paid for my one issue of American Jump and could not find anyone who imports any of the other issues and even specificaly asked about it , in order to read Sand Land , so it's not like I was not trying .

Oh no man, I'm with you there.

A lot of the stuff that we would like to read... isn't here. Or isn't coming out quickly. Or coming out at all. It's hard to pay for something that.... isn't all that great. American JUMP. I have a big pile of them sitting in the backroom of my basement and that is where they'll stay. I do have volume releases of Yu Yu, Hunter, and One Piece, but not all of them, and that's more or less it, excluding like the first volumes of Naruto and some other stuff.

I can understand not wanting to pay for the Narutos and Bleaches because let's face it - they're bad to awful compared to what they used to be. But if you don't pay for what you like either I think it's fair to acknowledge that you've got some pretty big brass freeloading balls. Manga as we receive it online is, well, a privilege.

:Insert argument about piracy here:

Naruto and Bleach are popular because (bless their hearts) the people who purchase jump every week support them. Know what else? By buying Jump, they support One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Beelzebub, Toriko and Bakuman too. We may not like it, but stuff stays in the magazine or leaves the magazine because they will it so. Dog on their shitty taste, but who are we to talk about firing people who don't work for us?
    Last edited by Silence; October 7th, 2010 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    :Insert argument about piracy here:
    Here's one such - buying R1 licensed products is mainly for one's own satisfaction, or a symbolic gesture to yourself that you support you fandom financially. It has absolutely no influence on what goes on in Japan, and frankly the editors at Shueisha probably look down on Western buyers anyway, but they're not going to complain about getting more money.

Also, we can complain. This is a discussion forum, we talk about everything here. There's no harm in doing it, it's not like our voice has an influence on Japanese publishing affairs anyway.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Here's one such - buying R1 licensed products is mainly for one's own satisfaction, or a symbolic gesture to yourself that you support you fandom financially. It has absolutely no influence on what goes on in Japan, and frankly the editors at Shueisha probably look down on Western buyers anyway, but they're not going to complain about getting more money.

Also, we can complain. This is a discussion forum, we talk about everything here. There's no harm in doing it, it's not like our voice has an influence on Japanese publishing affairs anyway.
    Our financial support has little to no effect on what happens over there. It was raised as a point primarily to say that even the folks who spend a little bit on JUMP have more cause for complaint than straight up moochers.

Discussion is what we're here for!

But entitlement is still lol.

The people who feed and support Kishi and Kubo are the same people who feed and support Oda and the rest - and we are not they. That's really all I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Issue 46 TOC:

Kuroko's Basketball 90 (color)
    One Piece 600
    Toriko 115
    Naruto 513
    Nurarihyon no Mago 127 (color)
    Bakuman 105
    LightWing 5
    Top of the Super Legends 2: Hideaki Sorachi's Bankara-san ga tooru (color)
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn 310
    Enigma 6
    Beelzebub 81
    Sket Dance 158
    Inumaru dashi 106
    Gintama 327
    Keiji Shige-san
    Kochikame 1669
    Oumagadoki Doubutsuen 14
    Psyren 139
    Medaka Box 71
    Hokenshitsu no Shinigami 55
    SWOT 15

Yeeah, Oumagadoki is mostly out of the danger zone! Die, Psyren!

There's something or other new in this magazine, dunno what it is. Another one-shot?
    Last edited by Adamant; October 16th, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

Anyone wlling to wager if Swot even makes it to 17 like Metalluca did ?

Nice TOC, good to see Oumagadoki in a "better" position.
    I think there are only a few weeks left til the next meeting, where the editors decide which manga is going to end. Most of the canceled series were between 15-18 chapters. Lets hope Oumagadoki survives the next meeting and Left Wing or Enigma gets canceled instead.

and here I quit reading Oumadoki of fear of it's getting cancelled. I may just pick it up again. I was at chapter 3.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Lets hope Oumagadoki survives the next meeting and Left Wing or Enigma gets canceled instead.
    LightWing and Enigma are the newest series, which means they'll survive the first cancellation following their debut.

Nice TOC, good to see Oumagadoki in a "better" position.
    I think there are only a few weeks left til the next meeting, where the editors decide which manga is going to end. Most of the canceled series were between 15-18 chapters. Lets hope Oumagadoki survives the next meeting and Left Wing or Enigma gets canceled instead.
    Yeah they just debuted .

Also reminded me to check up on chapter 2 of Enigma .

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    LightWing and Enigma are the newest series, which means they'll survive the first cancellation following their debut.
    I know that, i meant that hopefully Oumagadoku survives the next meeting and SWOT gets canceled and that during the next round Enigma or Left Wing gets canceled or Psyren or Koruko...

Is Enigma looking bad ? I'm yet to actualy find chapter 2 .

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    you find them here http://cxcscans.phpbb9.com/

I know that, i meant that hopefully Oumagadoku survives the next meeting and SWOT gets canceled and that during the next round Enigma or Left Wing gets canceled or Psyren or Koruko...
    Generally, two series are canceled at once (sometimes 3), so Swot is going to get company. Apparently Psyren's plot seems to be wrapping up now, though, so it seems likely it'll be leaving. Kuroko sadly won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Hell, it's the first series in the magazine this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    "Looking bad", as in ratings-wise? We don don't know, it's won't be rated for another couple weeks.

As for the series itself... I'd rather say it's "intriguing" rather than "good", but I'd hate for it to get canceled so quick the story won't have a chance to go anywhere.
    Read it here.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Yeah, that's the thing about Enigma. It hasn't had enough time to strut it's stuff yet. However, it does have potential. Unlike SWOT, for example, which is a useless pile of trash.

The winner of the Golden Future Cup is Hanasaka Ikkyu by Yuya Kawada and Kenta Komiyama

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    The winner of the Golden Future Cup is Hanasaka Ikkyu by Yuya Kawada and Kenta Komiyama
    So is it fair to expect they'll get serialized in the near future?

Shipmate

What? Chrono Mansion was so much better.

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

As for me, I wouldn't mind seeing Shunkan being serialized
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

What was Hanasaka Ikkyu again ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information