+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 843 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 327 377 777 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

I will be a happy man if they can give Supernatural a satisfying end.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    But... Lost's ending DID work. You just had to, you know, actually watch the show. Not just the first season, then tune in at the end hoping for an explanatory monologue. (And for the "they never answer the questions" nonsense... MOST of the questions were pretty well dealt with by the third season, let alone the sixth.)

And no actually, I *don't* want Game of Thrones to run forever, I want to see how it ends. the middle has kind of sucked. (No one STARTS reading game of Thrones HAPPY about the fact its unfinished... you just assume it'll be coming out sooner that it does...)

I guess I disagree with a lot of what that guy is saying.
    Again, thank you for this post, i was always pissed about people claiming that Lost had a dissatisfying ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I will be a happy man if they can give Supernatural a satisfying end.
    i would have been a happy man if they had just ended supernatural at season 5 like it was planned and not drag it out and kind of ruin it

http://ieee80211abgn.blog58.fc2.com/...ntry-2794.html
    Ahahahahahahahaha.

Monthly Big Gan Gan printed an entire manga chapter up-side down as a punishment for the author missing the deadlines.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Monthly Big Gan Gan printed an entire manga chapter up-side down as a punishment for the author missing the deadlines.
    Huh.

I guess it's not that much extra work.

*has no idea how commercial printers work*

Quote Originally Posted by Haros View Post
    i would have been a happy man if they had just ended supernatural at season 5 like it was planned and not drag it out and kind of ruin it
    Did they really? I always had a feeling it felt like we were at a conclusion at that point. So far the quality in the show hasn't seemed to have dropped.

HAHAHA I love Japan. They even use keigo to say they are punishing the author.

sorry to interupt but does anyone know how to start a thread??? again sorry for the interruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Toilet Scrubber View Post
    sorry to interupt but does anyone know how to start a thread??? again sorry for the interruption.
    There's normally a "Post New Thread" button on top of each board page. You can look for more answers in the Help Forums, and I'd recommend saying hello on the Introduction board as your first thread.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I'm pretty sure you have to wait a few days after you register before you can create a new thread. That helps preventing spam.

Though you can always spam by sending friend requests and messages to all the members, lol.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but can't you just...you know, turn the magazine around?
    Is this meant to be a serious form of punishment, or just some tongue-in-cheek comment of the publisher for being late, with the wink and the smile and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but can't you just...you know, turn the magazine around?
    Is this meant to be a serious form of punishment, or just some tongue-in-cheek comment of the publisher for being late, with the wink and the smile and whatnot.
    see, in Japan turning a book upside-down has this cultural connotation of "I am ashamed of what I am reading" sort of thing.

So by printing it upside down, they are forcing the readers to admit they are ashamed for reading his shitty manga, which in turn makes the mangaka feel ashamed.

it's actually a pretty serious thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if the mangaka commits seppuku out of shame.

Ok, just to make sure I understand this correctly, the way that the different series are ordered in WSJ are based on rankings from WSJ 8 weeks ago. I'm guessing that doesn't include the first chapter with the lead cover.
    So that means One Piece was the #2 most popular (unless, of course, the chapter with the lead cover was actually #1, which then would make it #3) series in the 9th issue of WSJ which was One Piece chapter 696.
    Is this all correct?

Does anyone know if they do something similar to this for the American Weekly Shonen Jump as well? Because if so, that's stinking awesome.

He's screwing with you Sheep, it's just supposed to be a funny joke.

He's screwing with you Sheep, it's just supposed to be a funny joke.
    ah, alright, thanks for clarifying.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkz1 View Post
    Ok, just to make sure I understand this correctly, the way that the different series are ordered in WSJ are based on rankings from WSJ 8 weeks ago. I'm guessing that doesn't include the first chapter with the lead cover.
    So that means One Piece was the #2 most popular (unless, of course, the chapter with the lead cover was actually #1, which then would make it #3) series in the 9th issue of WSJ which was One Piece chapter 696.
    Is this all correct?

Does anyone know if they do something similar to this for the American Weekly Shonen Jump as well? Because if so, that's stinking awesome.
    the 8 week rule is jnproven, based in online speculation, but if it is true you have the gist of it. it's known that lead cp and other colour pages aren't traditionally ranked, so theres that i guess.

i've heard you can send votes or something to that effect in from the us wsj site, but i've never seen confirmation that this dictates the order they put stuff in. still cool though

Jump #18 (01/04) :
    One Piece (Cover & Lead Color Page)
    Naruto
    Assassination Classroom
    Beelzebub
    Sakuran(Kakkokari) (Color Page, One Shot, 21 pg.)
    Kuroko no Basket
    Toriko
    Shokugeki no Souma (Color Page)
    World Trigger (First Rank)
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Bleach
    Hq!!
    Nisekoi (Color Page)
    Sket Dance
    Gintama
    Hungry Joker
    Kochikame
    Medaka Box
    Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san
    Koisuru Edison
    Cross Manage
    Hunter x Hunter (Hiatus)

#19:
    Cover & Lead CP: Assassination Classroom
    CP: PSI Kusuo Saiki, World Trigger, Jieda no Tsuugakuji by Iwamoto Naoki (One Shot, 21 pg.)
    Absent: Toriko

Holy shit Beelzebub is in a high spot. It hasn't been so high in the rankings in a long time I think. Can someone remind me what chapter it is?

from kaze thanks kaze

Hungry Joker spiked up, wtf?
    Was it that cute metal-girl chapter?

This is also first ranking of Edison, and obviously it plummetted.

Rageworthy thought: The fact Edison got more votes than Cross Manage, even if it was the first chapter.
    No justice in the world.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information