+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 844 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 527 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 16875

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #521
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Negima is like the One Piece of Weekly Shonen (albeit with a terrible beginning)

    Fairy Tail and Air Gear are like the Naruto and Bleach.

    Ippo is more of a superior Eye Shield.

    Looking at the other anthologies though makes me appreciate Jump's lineup...

    I don't recognize half the titles in other magazines.

  2. #522

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Palochka View Post
    And with Weekly Shonen Magazine, the next biggest anthology, the big four is Fairy Tail, Negima, Air Gear, and Ippo (correct me if I'm wrong). From the list of the best even, I really wouldn't be too excited about each new issue. Those first three are not my style.
    More like Kenichi,Negima, Fairy Tail and Ippo. Kenichi is quite popular and it has tons of scanlators including mangastream. Fairy Fail sucks horribly but its easy to read and its mainstream for masses.

    Negima is quite popular too and it has its own cult but its pretty challenging to start to read because its first 100 chapters are quite damn tedious to read with exception of few serious situations.

    Ippo has almost 900 chapters, but its very amazing and perhaps best running sport manga and some lazy people founds Ippo's amount of chapters scary.

  3. #523

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I looked at Shonen Sunday's lineup. They have Case Closed, Kenichi, and Kekkaishi. That's it.

    Yeah, I think Jump knows what they're doing now.

  4. #524

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Ippo has more then 900 chapters last I checked :P

  5. #525
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Shandian View Post
    More like Kenichi,Negima, Fairy Tail and Ippo. Kenichi is quite popular and it has tons of scanlators including mangastream. Fairy Fail sucks horribly but its easy to read and its mainstream for masses.

    Negima is quite popular too and it has its own cult but its pretty challenging to start to read because its first 100 chapters are quite damn tedious to read with exception of few serious situations.

    Ippo has almost 900 chapters, but its very amazing and perhaps best running sport manga and some lazy people founds Ippo's amount of chapters scary.
    Kenichi is in Shonen Sunday not Shonen Magazine.

    Same Magazine that has Detective Conan and Rumiko's new terrible work.

  6. #526

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I was listing non-SJ popular mangas but thanks for the clarification, I am not too familar with current shonen manga magazines.

  7. #527

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Negima is like the One Piece of Weekly Shonen (albeit with a terrible beginning)

    Fairy Tail and Air Gear are like the Naruto and Bleach.

    Ippo is more of a superior Eye Shield.

    Looking at the other anthologies though makes me appreciate Jump's lineup...

    I don't recognize half the titles in other magazines.
    i see negima as the tumor of the manga world. I read fairy tail and air gear stil but i stopped with negima after chaper 280 or something. it was just not interesting anymore

  8. #528
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by bepo View Post
    i see negima as the tumor of the manga world. I read fairy tail and air gear stil but i stopped with negima after chaper 280 or something. it was just not interesting anymore
    lol, tumour .

  9. #529
    Pirate left4lol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Searching for Booty

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by bepo View Post
    i see negima as the tumor of the manga world. I read fairy tail and air gear stil but i stopped with negima after chaper 280 or something. it was just not interesting anymore
    No Naruto is tumor of of the manga world
    and Bleach is the cancer .
    Get you fact straight

  10. #530
    BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    My Chunk of Italy

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by left4lol View Post
    No Naruto is tumor of of the manga world
    and Bleach is the cancer .
    Get you fact straight
    medically, that's the same damn thing, right?

    remove 'em both already
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.



  11. #531
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I think when one evaluates JUMP, they should consider not just the series that are running now, but the series that have come out of it in the past.

    And then shut up because most of you haven't paid for any of them or supported the magazine in any serious way because you read most of JUMP's series online or downloaded them in bulk and bought like, a volume, or two. Maybe. If you have been paying for or supporting WSJ, then obviously this doesn't apply to you but for the resta you guys...

    Like JUMP owes you anything! Like it owes you quality! You aren't patrons!

    Enjoy your free entertainment in silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  12. #532
    God Emperor RBoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rolling in the grave.

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Enjoy your free entertainment in silence.
    But you are not funny at all.

  13. #533
    Discovered Stowaway darkpiece150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oakland, California

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I think when one evaluates JUMP, they should consider not just the series that are running now, but the series that have come out of it in the past.

    And then shut up because most of you haven't paid for any of them or supported the magazine in any serious way because you read most of JUMP's series online or downloaded them in bulk and bought like, a volume, or two. Maybe. If you have been paying for or supporting WSJ, then obviously this doesn't apply to you but for the resta you guys...

    Like JUMP owes you anything! Like it owes you quality! You aren't patrons!

    Enjoy your free entertainment in silence.
    *thumbs up* Thank you. Some of us actually support Jump by BUYING what we can, when we can. Same goes for some of the other series mentioned. Being someone who buys the weeklys(or monthly in GanGan's case) it's nice to see someone say this. <3

  14. #534
    Do you wanna borrow it? Khamolen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Aquidneck Island

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I think when one evaluates JUMP, they should consider not just the series that are running now, but the series that have come out of it in the past.

    And then shut up because most of you haven't paid for any of them or supported the magazine in any serious way because you read most of JUMP's series online or downloaded them in bulk and bought like, a volume, or two. Maybe. If you have been paying for or supporting WSJ, then obviously this doesn't apply to you but for the resta you guys...

    Like JUMP owes you anything! Like it owes you quality! You aren't patrons!

    Enjoy your free entertainment in silence.
    So you need to support all of their terrible series before you can say that they're terrible series?

    lol

  15. #535
    Discovered Stowaway RPG KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    detroit

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Shonen Sunday's lineup you talkin about the anime or the manga. i just want kenichi to be animated again. kenichi vs koukin


  16. #536
    Discovered Stowaway darkpiece150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oakland, California

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamolen View Post
    So you need to support all of their terrible series before you can say that they're terrible series?

    lol
    Way to put words in people's mouthes.

  17. #537

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamolen View Post
    So you need to support all of their terrible series before you can say that they're terrible series?

    lol
    The man's sorta got himself a point .

  18. #538
    Do you wanna borrow it? Khamolen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Aquidneck Island

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by darkpiece150 View Post
    Way to put words in people's mouthes.
    People were saying that Jump series were mostly crap and he came in acting like no one can say that unless they buy it regularly. Which is bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    The man's sorta got himself a point .
    No, he's just upset that people are making fun of something he likes again.

    People shit all over Bleach all the time, but he doesn't enter the Bleach topic saying "You don't buy Bleach! Kubo doesn't owe you anything!" He attacks Bleach alongside everyone else, but when Jump is attacked for running manga like Bleach, he gets defensive for some reason.

  19. #539

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamolen View Post
    So you need to support all of their terrible series before you can say that they're terrible series?

    lol
    I think it should be "You need to support the good series before you can complain about what should be cancelled or not."

    As in if you don't buy the magazine and become a financer of their potpurri, you don't have the right to shout out what author should lose his income.

  20. #540
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by herr_sebbe View Post
    I think it should be "You need to support the good series before you can complain about what should be cancelled or not."

    As in if you don't buy the magazine and become a financer of their potpurri, you don't have the right to shout out what author should lose his income.
    Ding ding ding ding ding!

    Nobody is asking you to spend money on something you don't want to or something you don't think is up to your standard. But you don't think it's a BIT presumptuous to talk about how Naruto or Bleach or Reborn are cockawful and talk about how they should be dropped from a magazine when you've never even paid for JUMP even when it was running the series you liked?

    JUMP and the tanks ain't free. The people who send in the questionnaires every week that determines what stays and what goes? They're kids and young people who are paying for every mag. THEY have a legit right to complain about what get published in WSJ. Us...? Not so much!

    I may not like a lot of the things in JUMP right now. I can objectively say that a lot of them are crap or objectively be disappointed in the turns they've taken - and I do, objectively, in the relevant threads every week. Naruto, Bleach, Reborn, Medaka Box. But I'm also very conscious of the fact that I'm a goddamn moocher so I don't get so vitriolic about 700 billion or THE HEART that I'm like "yo man, CANCEL this CRAP series." Like I have a say. That's some crazy kind of entitlement!

    "Give me BETTER free entertainment, Shonen JUMP!"

    Again, if you buy WSJ or the tanks when they come here, cool, this isn't for you. I'm just sayin' a whole lot of us have read some of the best stuff in JUMPs library - the JoJos, YuYu Hakusho, Kenshin, etc. - and not paid a dime for it. Keep it in mind when you take a dump on the magazine in general.

    Real talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts