+ Reply to Thread
Page 268 of 844 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 368 768 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 16873

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by IgorGB View Post
    Please, not this "you can't say anything unless you buy" shit. We're not sending letters of complaint to Shueisha, we're just discussing our opinion on a website.

Before I get bashed here, yes, I have bought tons of manga volumes.
    Doesn't mean I own everything I've read, which would be impossible. That won't stop me from stating my opinion though, be it favorable or not.
    but that isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying that it'd be odd for people who don't buy the comic to be affronted by the hiatuses (hiati?), seeing as ultimately they're getting it as free product.

and as much as i'll be like this about stuff, it's not a reason to bash someone unless they're intent on acting like the entitled sorts elsewhere who don't think they have to give something back. you've said you own tons of manga, so clearly you care and that's pretty important. That's... basically it's the best that can be asked for most of the time.

@maxterdexter: i've still gotta work out if the kindle manga can be bought using another country's system (surprisingly some manga like say hello to black jack is on the uk store for the kindle in japanese, so I guess there's some crossover). I mean if not i'm just gonna invest in a cheap Japanese one and use that. the savings add up pretty well, after all.

With amazon Japan they have a fair mountain of older jump manga in poor nick for about a yen a pop, sans shipping, so if you're close enough to Japan or willing to bite a bullet on the high international rates it's a pretty good way of obtaining stuff. That... admittedly doesn't see any money go back to the creators, because it's usually used, but it's still pretty nice. hopefully more end up on the kindle option so that i can actually get stuff in a more supportive way.

And really when we're talking stuff only being available used... well, raws and fan-translations become pretty much an equivalent, don't they. huh. interesting, i should think more about this before i do my thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Speak for yourself. I bought the volumes.
    Same here. And waiting for volumes 31 and 32 to be released in Brazil in a few months.

I love piracy though. Wihout it I would never have found a bunch of great mangas.

from kaze1028

Assassination Classroom
    Naruto
    One Piece
    Sket Dance
    PSI Saiki Kusuo
    Nisekoi (C)
    Toriko
    World Trigger
    HQ! (C)
    Kuroko no Basket
    Shokugeki no Soma
    Medaka Box (C)
    Koi suru Edison
    Bleach
    Kochikame
    Gintama
    Beelzebub
    Hungry Joker
    Cross Manage
    Kiruko-san

cover & title Gintama
    C Shokugeki no Soma, Enmusubi no Kami!? (One-shot) by Makkei

Hmm is Edison out of the safe zone yet or does it have a few weeks? I haven't really been paying attention to its serialization, but I do look forward to when it is booted (but that will probably happen after HJ,CM,KS are kicked out). No word on whether Medaka Box will be ending in the coming weeks?

Edison has a couple of weeks left, by our measurement.

hmmm... disappointing for Soma at seventh, but its deluge of colour pages coming up balance it out, so i can deal.

Woah, I didn't notice it at first, but Naruto beat OP that week? Oh...wait, its the Neji chapter. Hahahah...yeah makes sense. Most probably fell for the whole "emotional scene" and were convinced that Kishimoto is actually going to leave Neji dead...hahah right.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Hmm is Edison out of the safe zone yet or does it have a few weeks? I haven't really been paying attention to its serialization, but I do look forward to when it is booted (but that will probably happen after HJ,CM,KS are kicked out). No word on whether Medaka Box will be ending in the coming weeks?
    Medaka is entering a new arc, so no, it will not die yet.
    Too bad for all the tombstones carved.

They will come handy one day.

if i not mistaken, its the power of NaruHina that overtake OP this time.

Huh, was that Souma chapter the one with Maria of the Polar Star being the one to eat Souma's cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Woah, I didn't notice it at first, but Naruto beat OP that week? Oh...wait, its the Neji chapter. Hahahah...yeah makes sense. Most probably fell for the whole "emotional scene" and were convinced that Kishimoto is actually going to leave Neji dead...hahah right.
    nope..it's the chapter after that one....Naru-Hina.....

also heard that no Naruto next week...is it true..?

Oh that's right, my bad, still my point stands about the whole "emotional scene" with the inclusion of Naru-Hina bullshit.

Great news about the 3 consecutive color pages for Souma.

With Medaka not ending this week (which would have made a full volume), we can expect a minimum of 9 new chapters. So I guess this won't be small epilogue arc.

from kaze

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    They will come handy one day.
    Let's make good use of these, and bury down Kiruko and Hungry Joker or Cross Manage.

I'm not even bummed about Kiruko anymore. it's gonna make a nice 2-3 volume set hardly anyone'll buy, and that'll do.

Also dat AssassClass cover... damn

If Edison sinks like it should after it's 8 weeks of immunity, it could save one of the bottom 3.

Woow, Korosensei looks so fucking ominous. what a sweet cover
    Think happy thoughts

Medaka is entering a new arc, so no, it will not die yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    If Edison sinks like it should after it's 8 weeks of immunity, it could save one of the bottom 3.
    By the looks of it, Kiruko will get cancelled first. It was at the bottom from the getgo while Cross manage at least managed to float in the bottom three.

How're the sales for Cross Manage, by the way? I remember people saying older readers liked it, but it didn't have the spark to attract younger readers (which is why it's so low in the rankings); maybe said readers buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    By the looks of it, Kiruko will get cancelled first. It was at the bottom from the getgo while Cross manage at least managed to float in the bottom three.

How're the sales for Cross Manage, by the way? I remember people saying older readers liked it, but it didn't have the spark to attract younger readers (which is why it's so low in the rankings); maybe said readers buy it?
    Cross Manage tankoubon came out rather late, and we should have oricon figures for it as well as Kiruko-san this week.

Cross Manage tankoubon came out rather late, and we should have oricon figures for it as well as Kiruko-san this week.
    Should Hungry Joker's 1st tankoubon be out by now (unless it sold horribly) or its late as well?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information