+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 844 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 763 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 16865

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

The reason Nisekoi is a success despite the stereotypical setting is that it's charismatic and very well executed.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    The reason Nisekoi is a success despite the stereotypical setting is that it's charismatic and very well executed.
    Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. It might've started out that way, but it quickly devolved into typical harem bullshit, with an unlikable, dense protagonist and a downright annoying, stupidly tsundere and smack-happy main love interest. Let's not forget all the damn keys that managed to show up, too.

I wanted to like it, but I finally dropped it after chapter 60 (which is rare for me). Hell, the only reason I even stuck around that long was for Seishirou...

ohboy.
    Looking at the next issue preview page, Medaka seems like wrapping up.

Uh oh...so we got Medaka finishing, HJ and Kiruko bound to be axed. Is it possible for CM to actually survive if Medaka completes its run and HJ and Kiruko fall out in the coming weeks? I think CM has some leniency to fill out the third volume so it is possible that HJ and Kiruko might get axed once they finish out filling out the 2nd volume?

To clarify... SPOILERS!

Spoiler:

The preview page for Jump issue 15 2012 says:

"It's graduation day, and Medaka is nowhere to be found! And what is Zenkichi up to?"

It's either start of the final arc of Medaka, or going to MEDAKA IN COLLEGE YEARS. I sincerely hope not the latter.

And yeah, if Medaka is wrapping up, one of the bottom three may survive.

Just wondering? Did Medaka stay terrible to the end?
    I have only seen the show, but I pretty much felt like I was being spat on by Nishi Oisin the entire time, but out of masochism I stuck with it,
    and yeah, it stayed terrible, but made me feel bad that it actually had some cool ideas that I just wish some other mangaka thought to use first.

And I have been curious, so I just flip through it in Jump time to time, but idk how it could even end coherently, for a while I have just seen random reverse time skip toddlers. Weird.....

And I think Kiruko getting axed is probably gonna all depend on how volume one does. I think both series are getting some sort of special treatment behind the curtain, but I think it is of note how long it comparably took the first volume of Cross Manage to come out, and how fast Kiruko has come out.

I don't expect Cross Manage to be doing any killer numbers, but hopefully it will rank at least high enough so we can see the numbers it does do, and if Kiruko gets anywhere near the 100k mark, pretty safe to say it will be the one they save from getting axed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    Well there's a debate there about what's stereotype and what merely skirts stereotype whilst doing something unique unto itself, but I don't think there's reason to wonder, as even typical series can do well
    Main premise is exactly like Love-Hina and not long ago 'kagami-no-kuni',which was very much same(actually a bit more exciting and less stereotype) got the boot....
    That's why it's success surprised me...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by gordanham View Post
    I have only seen the show, but I pretty much felt like I was being spat on by Nishi Oisin the entire time, but out of masochism I stuck with it,
    and yeah, it stayed terrible, but made me feel bad that it actually had some cool ideas that I just wish some other mangaka thought to use first.

And I have been curious, so I just flip through it in Jump time to time, but idk how it could even end coherently, for a while I have just seen random reverse time skip toddlers. Weird.....

And I think Kiruko getting axed is probably gonna all depend on how volume one does. I think both series are getting some sort of special treatment behind the curtain, but I think it is of note how long it comparably took the first volume of Cross Manage to come out, and how fast Kiruko has come out.

I don't expect Cross Manage to be doing any killer numbers, but hopefully it will rank at least high enough so we can see the numbers it does do, and if Kiruko gets anywhere near the 100k mark, pretty safe to say it will be the one they save from getting axed.
    Kiruko has better franchise prospect though...i saw the picture of a Kiruko doll once....
    may be it will be a hit among those fabled Otakus in Japan..

100k for Kiruko is completely unrealistic, that's far above what Toriko did on the first week chart of volume 1.
    Hell there were doubts even Assassination Classroom was going to hit that. You know 100k first volume is near Bakuman level achievement, and not something a manga scraping the bottom of the TOC is for, right?

Realistically speaking, if Kiruko does 30k the first week, that's far above the expectation.

EDIT: read Medaka's full spoilers. Oh yeah. It's game over.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; February 28th, 2013 at 01:32 AM.

Guys I want Jump Issue # 15 Preview Page

Gotcha.

Last edited by Aohige_AP; February 28th, 2013 at 01:49 AM.

So from what I read, Medaka Box has at least one more arc to go.

please, i hope Medaka Box will end soon..

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    So from what I read, Medaka Box has at least one more arc to go.
    I don't know bro, from the spoilers it seems like getting-canned level speed, hardly an arc.

EDIT: I moved it to the Medaka thread, so people don't "accidently" click on multiple layers of spoilers. Or something.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; February 28th, 2013 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I don't know bro, from the spoilers it seems like getting-canned level speed, hardly an arc.

Spoiler:

don't say I didn't warn you
    Spoiler:

Jump 14
    Medaka flies to the moon on a rocket, not expecting to return home.
    Moon dissapears from the sky, and Medaka didn't room.

One year passes, and the graduation day comes.

Jump 15 preview
    Medaka is nowhere to be seen at the graduation. And what is Zenkichi up to?

You tell me that doesn't sound like it's getting canned lol
    Spoiler:
    Given there're series that are doing far worse, I very much doubt that's the case. Oh, and I already read those spoilers, but I don't get the rocket part. Did she destroy the Moon with that thing?

It's probably the last arc, albeit a really short one, I dare say.

I don't mean it's getting canned in the next few chapters, but it seriously sounds like ending this season.
    The next board of meeting is next month, I think Medaka's already given the notice.

Or is it really ending. This last arc had all the ingredients of a final arc to me, events and speeches that only would happen when a series is heading to its climax.

Looking at the TOC, Cross Game and Hungry Joker and even Kiruko-san did really bad in the rankings, far worse to say little. But we'll see, because I don't know what kind of criteria they follow in those meeting boards.
    Last edited by Nekketsu; February 28th, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuffy559 View Post
    That's quite interesting to know. Non-Japanese sales numbers are hard to come by. And if this is true, it kind of proves that those sales figures provided earlier are either not worldwide or inaccurate or both.

Any chance you could provide a source? Scan the newspaper or maybe the have an online publication?
    If you can understand german:)
    http://www.tagesspiegel.de/kultur/co...t/7808132.html
    Naruto is so cool it has 600 billion naked Zetsus with armadillo penises dancing under an rainbow.

A lot of people hate on Medaka, but I actually liked it. It doesn't take it self too seriously, and has awesome abilities and battles. Really depends on your taste in manga though, I suppose. I personally prefer it to Beezlebub and Toriko which quickly waned away from my interests.

-----------

Anyway, I also see Medaka ending soon. Not sad to see it go at all. Seems like the right time. I'm glad when authors have the mind to end their series and not just keep on going and going.

As for the bottom three... Ehh, I haven't read Cross Manage nor do I have much inclination to, honestly. HJ I've read a few chapters and browsed the Wiki. The concept stands out, and it's unique, but... it has plenty of faults as others have mentioned. Kiruko is my favorite of the three. I don't see why it's doing so badly. I find it awesome. Would definitely prefer it to that Nisekoi nonsense, but *shrug*, Japanese citizens have different sensibilities and tastes, so who's to say? Either way, I look forward to the new series offered up to replace them.
    kevinmidas.bandcamp.com
    I'm a musician! Have a listen!

I cannot stand Nishio's "unique" dialog flow that's both obnoxious, corny, and ultra cheezy in Japanese.
    It wasn't as bad in Bakemonogatari stuff, mostly in thanks to how the animation studio handled it, but in Medaka it's just godaweful.

This isn't unique to me, tons of others have voiced this same critique. His dialogs in Japanese are just... ugh.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information