+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 844 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 361 761 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 16868

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

The final volumes of Reborn and Nura. So sad.

That One Piece cover is really busy. So much going on.
    Bleach covers continue to be boring.
    Next AssClass cover should be straight-face/blank expression Korosensei. One should definitely be extreme anger.

Hmm, not sure about that OP cover, it looks a bit chaotic and messy. Not to mention I am insulted by the presence of Law's mug on the cover on the principle that it's Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy B View Post
    To be fair to the other new series around at the time, but Kuroko probably deserved them more. I mean look at it now, for one thing.

Anyway, animeace on mangahelpers posted the currently revealed JStars nendroid figures being released for Jump's 45th, and so I'll repost them here for you guys. They're pretty spesh:

For real, I want almost all of these, but Hibari, Ranko, Chitoge and Ryotsu top the list. SO GOOD.

Also bets on the last six involving Ichigo, Oga+Beel, Koro-Sensei, Hanamichi Sakuragi, Yoh Asakura and Hinata from Haikyuu?
    I mean there's a million other suitable choices, but i figure they're safe bets, between historical status and NPG promotional stuff.
    Who's the blonde with the dumbbell

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Who's the blonde with the dumbbell
    Ranko from Shape-up Ran
    Gag manga with lots of sexual jokes, predates Jungle King Taachan by the same artist.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Ranko, from Shape-up Ran, a great series by the Ta-Chan guy about a buff girl being a pervert and dealing with perverts.

EDIT: Aohige, as always, is better than me and got there first ahaha

Also the Cross Manage and Kiruko-san volume covers are my favourite things.

Buff girl perverts? Hot

cover of Cross Manage is really heartwarming...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

among the nendroids it is easy pick for me...Kenshin and Ryotsu..

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Buff girl perverts? Hot
    Spoiler:

SO HOT

Did you hear about a recent ranking of the top 20 most selling shonen manga of all time in the world ?
    I saw it in a french website but it looks weird : http://adala-news.fr/2013/02/top-20-...ous-les-temps/
    And apparently the original source is http://matome.naver.jp/

huh, so Death Note really doesn't do much business outside of Japan (old figure for that was 26.5mill, so it's only a slight increase)

interesting figures to be sure, especially when contrasted with the same titles just in japan. like One Piece and Dragon Ball would be in opposite positions, and Hokuto no Ken and JJBA would be higher than Bleach, for example

A few of those figures are a bit less than what Shueisha gave for their top 10 series by volumes sold as of Feb 2012. Like YYH is listed there at 47 million, while Shueisha said 49 million. Kenshin's 50 million there, 55 according to Shueisha.

hmmm that has me doubtful of the whole thing, at least enough to say it's probably inaccurate. shame

Hmmm, how much the little figurines could cost? And how random would be their release?

They are rounding down to the half millions, right? Because this figure published by Shueisha says that One Piece has 273,480,000 sold in Japan as of February 2012. And I know the markets outside Japan are insignificant in comparison, but from what I understand, One Piece is pretty popular in Asian countries, as well as pretty popular in France and Germany(the next two biggest manga markets), and mildly popular in the U.S.A. In fact, this French chart shows that the print run for some One Piece volumes is 100,000. Are you telling me that with every volume, One Piece can't manage to make up a quarter of a million more sales to bump up their figure to 274,000,000?

The same goes for Bleach's figures, which are seemingly rounded down to 78,000,000 on this new chart, but Shueisha gives the exact figure as 78,650,000. Bleach is considerably more popular that One Piece is the States, so I find it hard to believe that it can't make up another 350,000 more volumes sold outside of Japan to make their figure 79,000,000.

If it wasn't for Dragon Ball's vastly higher sales in the new figures compared to the ones Shueisha published last year, I'd think that this wasn't actually world wide sales. So perhaps these figures aren't entirely accurate or up to date for every series. I mean, it would actually be pretty difficult to collect accurate sales figures from every country and every publisher. Especially series that changed licensing publishers and for old series that may be impossible to find old data.

Just realized, there's no Ichigo figurine.

those six open slots mean he's probably incoming, unless the title's really fallen that much out of favour

Quote Originally Posted by Barbe Noire View Post
    Did you hear about a recent ranking of the top 20 most selling shonen manga of all time in the world ?
    I saw it in a french website but it looks weird : http://adala-news.fr/2013/02/top-20-...ous-les-temps/
    And apparently the original source is http://matome.naver.jp/
    More like, the figures they are using all come from completely different time.
    Not to mention apparently ignoring several titles, for example.... where the fuck is TOUCH?

Touch, Dokaben, and Astro Boy all sold over 100 million copies. And all ran in shounen magazines.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize "all time" only means "in the past two decades" in French. My bad.
    Can't trust those frenchmen.

EDIT: BTW, according to the Kiruko spoiler guy, the bottom 5 TOC is
    Medaka, Kochikame, Kiruko, Hungry Joker, and Cross Manage.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; February 26th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.

Yeah, the 350 million figure for Dragonball is something I believe came from when DB evolution was being done, and I'm honestly still not convinced of the legitimacy of that number. because as popular as DBZ was, I find it hard to believe it sold over around 200 million outside of Japan which is far more than in Japan. Especially since in places like the US it was mostly the anime that was popular.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yeah, just did a check, and according to the site for the new movie, DB manga has only sold 230 million worldwide. THat 350 million number is way off

^there are conflicting reports on Dragon Ball figures, 230 million is claimed usually officially, and 350 million figure came I believe from the DB Evolution movie source.
    230 million does sound far more believable.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information