+ Reply to Thread
Page 260 of 844 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 760 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 16873

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Leave it...Kishi always loss his plot when it comes to Uchiha...by this time i think people should get accustomed with it...
    Hahahah....you do realize a lot of the inciting incidents for about a majority of plot threads in Naruto is triggered from the Uchihas having eyeball brain spasms (which were just now explained as brain cancer induced by LOVE~ <3). How can anyone take any events involving the Uchihas seriously? (Which ALSO happens to include the war...which was triggered by Tobito's LOVE and eventually Madara's LOVE cancer...which will be demonstrated soon in his recent flashback within a flashback).

The Glass Feet one-shot looks interesting. I hope someone will translate it to confirm my first impression.

I didn't like it at all.
    It reminded me of Saiyuuki (the fujoshi pandering one).

And yes, the protagonist is Lucifer the Devil, if that's what you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I didn't like it at all.

Unless it's written by Mike Carey I'm not interested :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I didn't like it at all.

Guess the images could have fooled me. I'll see for myself if it's ever translated (my opinion may differ since I remember enjoying early Saiyuki).

On a different note, pika318 at mangahelpers translated the joint interview between Fujimaki (Kuroko's Basket) and Togashi (HxH) from Kuroko's databook : Link
    Some cool infos. For example :
    - Hint at an international tournament after the Winter Cup
    - Togashi worked for a bit as Fujimaki's editor in the beginning of his serialization
    - Togashi did some random voice acting in the new anime
    - Togashi's determination “to kill off the protagonist anytime”

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    Guess the images could have fooled me. I'll see for myself if it's ever translated (my opinion may differ since I remember enjoying early Saiyuki).

On a different note, pika318 at mangahelpers translated the joint interview between Fujimaki (Kuroko's Basket) and Togashi (HxH) from Kuroko's databook : Link
    Some cool infos. For example :
    - Hint at an international tournament after the Winter Cup
    - Togashi worked for a bit as Fujimaki's editor in the beginning of his serialization
    - Togashi did some random voice acting in the new anime
    - Togashi's determination “to kill off the protagonist anytime”
    Eeeeh? Togashi is the editor for kurokonobasuke? Whaaaat?
    Think happy thoughts

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if the start of serialization of Kurokono Basuke corresponds with one of Togashi's hiatuses.

Maybe that's one of the reasons it never got the axe when it was a bottom 5 regular at the beginning.

Wow...Togashi is a remarkably lazy man that has Jump by the balls. I have to give him credit for that at least. If he somehow had the pull to keep Basuke alive while it was tanking just only demonstrates how much weight he has in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Wow...Togashi is a remarkably lazy man that has Jump by the balls. I have to give him credit for that at least. If he somehow had the pull to keep Basuke alive while it was tanking just only demonstrates how much weight he has in the industry.
    He will get even more respect now that the series is a best seller.

I just remember how it was really weird that the series was tanking badly and it just kept getting color pages to promote it.

Hmm I wonder if any of this is tied with the whole terrorist threats against Basuke...
    Coincidence...or conspiracy?

I've been following Kuroko since its beginning and it never tanked as badly as you suggest.
    It did far better than all the other sport manga they tried during that period (around the end of Eyeshield21).
    Sure it did not do very well in the polls until last year (start of the first anime + climax of the Touou match) but it was doing fine in the sales (200-300k).
    So I doubt Togashi had anything to do with keeping it alive. For all we know, he may have been the editor of bad manga such as HANDS, Metallica or Zan...

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

It did have a pretty notable period where it got a bunch of colour pages when it wasn't doing too hot in the TOC early on, and I think that's what's being driven at here. Its success since has been indisputable, but I recall a fair amount of online readers were getting frustrated in threads like this.

I don't imagine Togashi had as much to do with it as much as the general environment at the time. Sports titles were getting a big push, with multiple basketball series being thrown out in sequence (out of that batch I preferred Hoop Men. I always bet on the wrong horse), and I guess Kuroko chimed enough with an audience that Jump's editorial were savvy and gave it that extra push, something they didn't repeat when the five or so football titles all came out one after the other to no success.

Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    He will get even more respect now that the series is a best seller.

I just remember how it was really weird that the series was tanking badly and it just kept getting color pages to promote it.
    very unfair to other new series...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Hmm I wonder if any of this is tied with the whole terrorist threats against Basuke...
    Coincidence...or conspiracy?
    who knows...may be a promotional tactic...though very unlikely,still in that regard it is quite successful.....Basuke's sky-rocketing sell has as much to do with this threat drama as the content itself....

To be fair to the other new series around at the time, but Kuroko probably deserved them more. I mean look at it now, for one thing.

Anyway, animeace on mangahelpers posted the currently revealed JStars nendroid figures being released for Jump's 45th, and so I'll repost them here for you guys. They're pretty spesh:
    Spoiler:

For real, I want almost all of these, but Hibari, Ranko, Chitoge and Ryotsu top the list. SO GOOD.

Also bets on the last six involving Ichigo, Oga+Beel, Koro-Sensei, Hanamichi Sakuragi, Yoh Asakura and Hinata from Haikyuu?
    I mean there's a million other suitable choices, but i figure they're safe bets, between historical status and NPG promotional stuff.

Heeeey....where is my favorite yellow haired Afro man with sentient sunglasses?

PS. No Yu Yu Hakusho characters either? Interesting...

Psst. Yusuke's right there! You'll hurt his feelings (september)

Didn't consider BoBoBo. he'd suit the format well.

Opps...you're right, he's next to Ace. Hahaha...but still no Don Pachi or Bobobo makes me sad.

Hmm also noticed another one missing: Shaman King. Didn't that do well enough to get an anniversary nendroid?
    Last edited by valiantt; February 25th, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

I want that Masaru-san and Hibari-kun.

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

I wamt Bossun, Switch and Gintoki SOOOO BAD ;__;
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information