+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 844 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 744 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 16868

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #4861

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    No its not. these rankings are in respect t the chapters from 8 weeks back, not the most recent.
    Oh wait...the secondary characters showing up again happened slightly before 8 weeks. I could have sworn it was further back. I can't remember anything based on the silly pace this serie has been going. Hmm maybe Juubi's appearance got the Naruto fans riled up or something.

  2. #4862

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Oh wait...the secondary characters showing up again happened slightly before 8 weeks. I could have sworn it was further back. I can't remember anything based on the silly pace this serie has been going. Hmm maybe Juubi's appearance got the Naruto fans riled up or something.
    Depends on which secondaries you mean.

    If Guy and Kakashi, that was 9 weeks ago. If you mean... everybody else... that was more recent. (Why Neji, WHY?!?!)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  3. #4863
    Cyclops was right! GetsugaZoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Assclass slipping a little isn't surprising since the novelty of the teacher and the premise in and of itself can't carry it forever, and the chapters were pretty repetitive and straightforward for a while there.
    Actually I'm starting to get bored of Assclass.

    /hides

    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

  4. #4864

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Depends on which secondaries you mean.

    If Guy and Kakashi, that was 9 weeks ago. If you mean... everybody else... that was more recent. (Why Neji, WHY?!?!)
    I was thinking about Guy and Kakashi doing stuff which would explain the ranking last week. Maybe the effects of both characters carried over in terms of Naruto's ranking for this week. I think the other secondary characters (*cough* like Neji) is 5 weeks ago right? So most likely Naruto will be on a role in terms of ranking for a while longer.

  5. #4865

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Was it that bad ? I mean SWOT/Metalica Metalluca levels bad ?

    Also on the topic of the later, if that did manage to stick around, as american Jump staff seemed to have predicted, I'd love to see all the wankery over the name and whether/how it should be changed due to the presence of a certain band in the english speaking world that might take issue with it etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    This was my reaction to Pajama na Kanojo getting the axe
    There's not much value to a badly drawn gag manga that fails at humor entirely.

    It was most similiar to Bo-bobobo in its style, but none of the charm.

  6. #4866

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Just signed up for the WSJ yearly membership. Site's not too bad. I wish you could skip over manga you don't want to read lol. Hopefully I just missed those instructions.

  7. #4867

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Bleach in the top five.

    I don't think my heart can handle such blasphemy.

  8. #4868

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Bleach in the top five.

    I don't think my heart can handle such blasphemy.
    Actually this around is the start of the chapters when Bleach turned "DECENT" for a short while before gradually sliding back into awfulness.

  9. #4869

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Depends on which secondaries you mean.

    If Guy and Kakashi, that was 9 weeks ago. If you mean... everybody else... that was more recent. (Why Neji, WHY?!?!)
    if Naruto is at the top now,wait until this chapter happens....if spoilers are true then Sasuke meeting all the previous hokages....fandom will explodes...

  10. #4870
    Discovered Stowaway fana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    France

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I don't understand how some people find it strange for Naruto to still be popular right now.
    Even with its lows it had in the past the manga never lost much popularity (it's still one of the rare manga that sell near 1M per volume).
    So how can the final arc featuring all the big players with the main character leading an entire army suddenly be less popular than what we had before ?

    On another note, it seems that my prediction about Medaka ending after this arc may be wrong. Since Kiruko and Hungry Joker may be canceled soon, I don't think Medaka can end too.
    That would mean 5 new manga debuting in the span of 2-3 months. Did something like that ever happened before ?

  11. #4871

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    I don't understand how some people find it strange for Naruto to still be popular right now.
    Even with its lows it had in the past the manga never lost much popularity (it's still one of the rare manga that sell near 1M per volume).
    So how can the final arc featuring all the big players with the main character leading an entire army suddenly be less popular than what we had before ?

    On another note, it seems that my prediction about Medaka ending after this arc may be wrong. Since Kiruko and Hungry Joker may be canceled soon, I don't think Medaka can end too.
    That would mean 5 new manga debuting in the span of 2-3 months. Did something like that ever happened before ?
    many people here hope that Naruto will loss popularity like Bleach....though it won't happen...

  12. #4872

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    Actually I'm starting to get bored of Assclass.

    /hides
    Need to catch up again seing last chapter I read was the end of the class trip, but yeah, I can see how the students, being as just kinda there, as they are, would probably bore someone. Not particularly attached to any of them myself.

  13. #4873
    Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Actually I'm kind of down on AssClass at the moment too. It needs to have a big, plot-advancing, game-changing arc. Student-of-the-week is old now.

    Maybe we should add the whole "8 weeks behind" thing IN BOLD on the first post. That way misconceptions about it won't crop up every single time a TOC is posted. Or if they still do then we can mock the offender mercilessly.

  14. #4874

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I dropped AssClass back around chapter 18. Whenever it was they were out of town on a trip and there was a hostage or something...I wanted to like it, but I didn't find any characters appealing.

    So I was a bit confused about the WSJ site. Are they a week behind? The only stuff I see posted for the week of 1/28 is the issues we saw last week.

  15. #4875
    Discovered Stowaway Jacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    Actually I'm kind of down on AssClass at the moment too. It needs to have a big, plot-advancing, game-changing arc. Student-of-the-week is old now.

    Maybe we should add the whole "8 weeks behind" thing IN BOLD on the first post. That way misconceptions about it won't crop up every single time a TOC is posted. Or if they still do then we can mock the offender mercilessly.
    Edited the first post with the latest canned mangas and a big info in bold, hope that works.
    Naruto is so cool it has 600 billion naked Zetsus with armadillo penises dancing under an rainbow.

  16. #4876

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    So I was a bit confused about the WSJ site. Are they a week behind? The only stuff I see posted for the week of 1/28 is the issues we saw last week.
    NA WSJ is current with the official release date of JP WSJ. If it feels like we're seeing stuff from a week ago, that's cause we're reading scans of stuff not-legally-acquired-one-way-or-another ~5 days earlier.

  17. #4877
    Cyclops was right! GetsugaZoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Portugal

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Need to catch up again seing last chapter I read was the end of the class trip, but yeah, I can see how the students, being as just kinda there, as they are, would probably bore someone. Not particularly attached to any of them myself.
    I think thats probably my reasoning too and I see other people agreed on this, I've been reading while I dont feel its bad, I don't get attached to any character, not even the teacher and the story kinda being, "new guy come to kill him" can't, two chapters later another guy comes in, its way to repetitive.

    The uniqueness of the series appealed to me at first but its gone now.
    Last edited by GetsugaZoro; January 30th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

  18. #4878
    Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
    Edited the first post with the latest canned mangas and a big info in bold, hope that works.
    You've definitely made it sufficiently large to mock people for missing. Perfect.

  19. #4879

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    That World Trigger thing looks like...Sket Dance.

  20. #4880

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Looking at the first post.....was Neko Wappa realy that bad ? The premise doesn't seem all too terrible but it got canned quicker then even Metallica Metalluca.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 8 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts