+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 844 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 240 241 242 243 244 252 292 342 742 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 16868

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

LA LA LAAAAAA. LA LA LA LA!(-Dearly Beloved)

Quote Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
    Wow, really? Will that reflect on the japanese issue as well? 'Cuz that would be cool.
    The chances of it reflecting in the Japanese issue is probably less than .1%.
    It may only reflect the order series are placed in Alpha (well now Weekly Shonen Jump, same name as the Japanese counterpart, I know, confusing) which I hope is true, because Cross Manage was second this week. And of couse, they will use it to see what kind of new serials readers tend to go for the most.

Interesting to see how One-Punch Man will fair on Monday. I am looking forward to it, but even if there is a lot of action, gaggish manga have never done well in America........

And for all those Jump analysts out there, does JP Weekly Jump tend to add new serials around the same times every year? I feel like it's about every three months? Idk.

I have a bit of a question. While reading Sakigake Otokojuku I noticed that in Ataru's notes he mentions how the series was "falling apart" ,in volume 30/31. Anyone know what this reffers to ? Was it tanking in the ratings or volume sales or something else ?

Shipmate

Otokojuju's rankings don't look all that bad in 1991 when it ended. Except for the last two chapters that were dead last in the ToC, it dropped only twice to the bottom five, and for the most of the time stayed in the middle, and even claimed the top five seven times.

Obviously there are no saled data for the individual volumes, but Otokojuku has made it into Shueisha's all-time bestseller list with 26 something millions of sold books. I guess it's safe to assume Ataru refers to Miyashita's poor handling of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Otokojuju's rankings don't look all that bad in 1991 when it ended. Except for the last two chapters that were dead last in the ToC, it dropped only twice to the bottom five, and for the most of the time stayed in the middle, and even claimed the top five seven times.

Obviously there are no saled data for the individual volumes, but Otokojuku has made it into Shueisha's all-time bestseller list with 26 something millions of sold books. I guess it's safe to assume Ataru refers to Miyashita's poor handling of the story.
    I'm a bit confused then as to why he'd cut the Seven tusks arc short not only by skipping two tusks completely, but also two of the fights of the final one while KOing one of the other two opponents without even realy getting into a fight. It just seems....odd that he'd do that.

Hey, for you guys outside of NA, think this link is legit?
    http://viz.weekly-shonen-jump-launch-poll.sgizmo.com/s3

---

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3263217
    More from Zeromcd...
    I really hope that the bottom of that post regarding who's getting axed is true, as I'd really like Cross Manage to survive.

Some Sorta Bumhead, Surely Maxy B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    "If they can't prove it wrong it's right" is a Devil's Proof though. It's arguably the worst argument to make.

I've been in this since the mid 80s.
    Jump editorial system isn't a constant rule, and changes along with the editorial members, especially the chief editor.
    The eight weeks rule is, as reliable as it may be, still an assumption based on observation.
    Yeah, I actually agree with you, I was saying it more as an admittance that I'm as wrong as anyone.

Anyway, yeah that poll seems legit, they've done surveys through that site before, IIRC
    (still on holiday, so briefness!)

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

From mangahelpers (though it seems too good to be true)
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...-Part-4/page70

Jump Issue #09 TOC
    Toriko (Cover, Lead CP, Movie Announcement)
    Naruto
    One Piece
    Shokugeki no Souma (First Ranking)
    PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Kuroko no Basket
    Assassination Classroom
    Rookie Policewoman Kiruko-san
    Haikyuu!! (Center Colour)
    Sket Dance
    Hungry Joker
    Nisekoi (Center Colour, Character popularity poll results)
    Beelzebub
    Cross Manage
    Bleach
    Gintama
    Medaka Box
    Kochikame
    Retsu!!! Date-senpai
    Kurogane (END)

Jump Issue #10 Information
    Lead CP/New Series: Koi suru Edison (26pg.)
    Center Colour: Shokugeki no Souma (Extra Pages), Assassination Classroom
    END: Retsu!!! Date-senpai

Jump Issue #11 Information
    New Series: World Trigger

---------------
    If it is true, yay Soma.
    Glad Cross Manage might have some more legs in it yet (thought as much given the pacing, so hopefully there's enough time for a proper ending)
    And I think it's the first time AssClass wasn't in the top three/five
    And with kaze dropping early spoilers I believe this is legitimate
    Last edited by Gizmo; January 22nd, 2013 at 09:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

It seems weird to announce the end of a series in the preview, I'd say it's false because of that.

I'd love to see Kurogane end, though.

whoa, it maybe false, becouse of what IgorGB said + no HXH on hiatus thing in the bottom + isnt it kinda weird to announce Movie in Toc section..

Maybe the editor's comment at the end of the chapter for Retsu already hinted that next issue will be the last chapter. It's not that uncommon. And it was from kaze sooo... Anyways, heck yeah Souma! I'm optimistic about this series' stand in the rankings since day one. Hope it sticks up there for a while.

fuck yeah, go Soma!

Souma deserves it!
    ...what the heck happened in Naruto that chapter to grab that non-lead #1?
    And go survival-of-Cross Manage!

i like Souma...glad to see it in such position....kiriko san made great jump in second raking too!!..

Naruto will stay in top 3 for coming weeks as this rating is for the chapter where rookies arrived...

According to Yaraon, this is the proper rankings. I don't see any confirmation on Date Sempai ending though.
    (NSFW) http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-14146.html

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    And go survival-of-Cross Manage!
    AND TOTALLY YES TO THIS! It already passed the two volume chapter count, but so has Date, so I am desperately hoping Date will be the one cut next week. As long as there isn't a third series they will be adding this time around, we should be good for another few months as long as it isn't cut next week.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

And the clincher if people still are doubting.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/844d05233571958
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

from kaze

Kurogane (END)

This is the first "bad" ranking of Assassination Classroom or did it already dropped off the top 3 before?

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    This is the first "bad" ranking of Assassination Classroom or did it already dropped off the top 3 before?
    The second chapter, rank in 6th place too.

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    The second chapter, rank in 6th place too.
    I see. Then Karma was introduced and it was on top for a while.

Also I read Souma's first chapter, it's crazy but in a good way.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information