+ Reply to Thread
Page 228 of 843 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 328 728 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

  1. #4541
    "The Supersonic" FKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Blorch

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Koro-sensei in new Jump game??

    Spoiler:

  2. #4542

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Having trouble finding Aohige's original post on the subject.

    Is next week the last normal release before the Double Issues/breaks amount to a three-week break for the series?

  3. #4543

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    The issue for this week (next Monday release date) is Issue 3, the next ones are 4/5 and 6/7.

  4. #4544

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    The issue for this week (next Monday release date) is Issue 3, the next ones are 4/5 and 6/7.
    So the next chapter is from a double issue then. Does it come out a week from 3 then ?

  5. #4545

    Default

    He's part of the characters jump readers can choose to be in the game

  6. #4546

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    So the next chapter is from a double issue then. Does it come out a week from 3 then ?
    Yes, think of it like each number represents a week of the year. If you were publishing something listed as "for the weeks of Dec. 15-31" would it make more sense to release it on the 15th or the 31st?

  7. #4547

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I'll repost

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Alright, time to get ready for the painful.
    It's brutal, but you all know it's coming, and probably don't wanna get caught unprepared.

    WSJ release dates for the upcoming End Year/New Year.
    http://adnavi.shueisha.co.jp/schedule/w_jump.html


    WSJ Issue Publish date
    51 11/19
    52 11/26
    1 12/3
    2 12/10
    3 12/17
    4/5 double 12/22
    6/7 double 1/4
    8 1/21



    As always, roll back about 5-6 days for the spoiler and scanlation release dates.
    And like with any year, there will be two double issues back to back, as well as non-monday releases on some issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Five for us. Remember, we get nearly a week early.

    spoiler/scanlation wise, you should expect:

    OP 689: 11/19 - 11/20
    OP 690: 11/27 - 11/28
    OP 691: 12/4 - 12/5
    OP 692: 12/11 - 12/12
    OP 693: 12/17 - 12/18 (A day early due to Sat release day - small chance of 12/15-16)

    OP 694: 12/25 - 1/2 (Jump comes out Friday, 1/4 - the timing of when it will reach bookstores is unpredictable, due to combination of weekends AND holidays. As usual most likely very early instead of late though, so they can make sure it's in circulation)

    Since 6/7 double (OP 694) will probably hit very early, there will be nearly a three week gap after it. Go forget about manga serialization for a month.
    Remember the publish dates (first quote) is official, the second quote is an estimate.

  8. #4548

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Thanks a lot Aohige.. :) now to get ready for the brutal 3 weeks without any manga (my weekly fix to get high .. lol)

  9. #4549

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Thanks kindly for the help, friendly peoples.

  10. #4550

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Lol, this next week's PSI Saiki Kusuo was Saiki going to Jump Fest.
    The author kissed Oda's ass like nuts, commenting on how awesome his art is etc, etc.

  11. #4551

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Derp View Post
    He's part of the characters jump readers can choose to be in the game
    Lame, it should be like jump stars with a lot of characters, but I'd rather for it to be still 2D and voiceless to keep the manga feel.

    In that game even if the Koma system was cool, it was unwieldy from a balance and usability standpoint.

    I guess that going 3D they will care more for balance. How region locked is the ps3? I just got one.

  12. #4552

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Lol, this next week's PSI Saiki Kusuo was Saiki going to Jump Fest.
    The author kissed Oda's ass like nuts, commenting on how awesome his art is etc, etc.
    Was he being sarcastic or genuine with the ass-kissing?

  13. #4553
    Discovered Stowaway IgorGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brazil

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    I loved Saiki Kusuo's first four chapters, I wish the group hadn't dropped it. :(

  14. #4554
    Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sniper Island

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Lame, it should be like jump stars with a lot of characters, but I'd rather for it to be still 2D and voiceless to keep the manga feel.

    In that game even if the Koma system was cool, it was unwieldy from a balance and usability standpoint.

    I guess that going 3D they will care more for balance. How region locked is the ps3? I just got one.
    The PS3 should be region-free
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

  15. #4555

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLuffy559 View Post
    Was he being sarcastic or genuine with the ass-kissing?
    Saiki approaches One Piece painting by Oda.
    It's presented in its original raw form, and not through prints, and he's amazed at the quality that goes in, praising the hell out of Oda.
    The panel shows two paintings from Oda.... both blurred and censored out with a huge question mark.

    It's a joke because 1) Come to Jump Fest yourself to find out! 2) What, do I look like I can copy ODA EIICHIRO? Sheesh.

    It was genuine ass-kissing but at the same time, humorous.

    I also liked him running into cosplayers... He sees post-time skip Straw Hats cosplayers, noticing how well they're done.
    Then he runs into Naruto. Lots of Naruto. They're all Naruto. He says What is this, Kage-bunshin?

    He also makes fun of himself, having this guy name all these obsecure shitty sounding titles that no one's heard of, and mixing his own old title among them.

  16. #4556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    The PS3 should be region-free
    Yes but not the games from my understanding. Which is pretty much a case by case basis,sometimes it is,sometimes its not.

    Am I correct?

  17. #4557

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    Yes but not the games from my understanding. Which is pretty much a case by case basis,sometimes it is,sometimes its not.

    Am I correct?
    I know Persona 4 Arena was region-locked, but I only know that because it was considered such a huge deal when it was announced. Can't think of another example.

  18. #4558
    Discovered Stowaway MarcelloF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Most PS3 game are region-free. I'm sure this one will be, too.

    3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

  19. #4559

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post

    He also makes fun of himself, having this guy name all these obsecure shitty sounding titles that no one's heard of, and mixing his own old title among them.
    Bit interested in this, does he name actual series or just comes up with generic sounding names ?

  20. #4560

    Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

    Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Bit interested in this, does he name actual series or just comes up with generic sounding names ?
    Generic sounding fake crappy series with titles that sound like they would sink to the bottom of TOC asap.
    But randomly among it was "Boku no Watashi no Yushagaku" which was PSI author's previous work in Jump that got canned after 6 volumes.

    Saiki has never heard of any of it.

    Then the friend brings up Crow and Otto 11 (from you know where), which he says "I don't know what those are but somehow I do".
    The manga friend (who has a serious case of Chuunibyou) recommends, "Odd-eyed Persona Cerberos" is way back in the back of Jump, bottom of TOC. LOL.
    There's a lot of TOC jokes this chapter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts