+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 843 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 726 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 16860

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

New JUS?!!

I wonder if it will be for 3ds

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    New JUS?!!

http://bit.ly/TJpOLH

Cool! Reminds me a lot of Battle Stadium D.O.N.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    by tankoben you mean all the volumes(should be 150+) of past 35 years...??!!
    No, no. New tankoubon (volumes) of manga published in Japan every year is 12000.
    So there's around 1000 new manga volumes hitting the shelves in Japan every month.

That's counting everything of course. The main shounen/shoujo/seinen of course, as well as comic essays, 4-komas, adult, anthologies, etc, etc.

That's why it's laughable whenever someone claims he's seen it all, and read everything out there.
    No one is capable of such feat. Hell, the number of currently ongoing manga magazines alone is over 330.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; December 5th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FKM View Post
    New JUS?!!

http://bit.ly/TJpOLH

Goku should be nerfed.

When Toriko smiles like that he seems like a tremendous perv.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Oh man Jump Ultimate Stars with Toriko sounds great. Maybe there will be failed jump characters like Bulge and SWOT guy too.

I would desperately love a new Jump Stars game, but the fact that the 3DS is region-locked kills my potential enthusiasm.

also, it's possible this will be a Battle Stadium D.O.N.-style game, and only use those three series, in which case I don't really mind missing out.

but what I really would like would be a shonen jump fighting game that plays like Marvel vs Capcom. Jump vs Capcom, Marvel vs Jump, Jump vs Itself, I don't care. I just want to wreck shit with Luffy and Bo-bobo in a traditional fighter.

I would love a Marvel vs Jump / Dragon Ball. That would be so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    No, no. New tankoubon (volumes) of manga published in Japan every year is 12000.
    So there's around 1000 new manga volumes hitting the shelves in Japan every month.

That's counting everything of course. The main shounen/shoujo/seinen of course, as well as comic essays, 4-komas, adult, anthologies, etc, etc.

That's why it's laughable whenever someone claims he's seen it all, and read everything out there.
    No one is capable of such feat. Hell, the number of currently ongoing manga magazines alone is over 330.
    oh!ok..i misunderstood.....still considering the monetary value of the industry it is understandable that so many new mangas are coming out every year....

what is the average yearly sell of Kochikame...??..it is running freaking 35 years non stop......to be kept running so long.....!!

Hunter Pirate Poet Friend of Luffy and Gon's Avatar

@Cyclone: he certainly does lol. Zebra probs has the biggest cock of them all, and his grin seems a lot more rapey.

And Jump Ultimate Stars is my favourite game. Shame I don't have my r4 with it on anymore.

Continuing on the Kuroko blackmail case, even Comiket announced cancellation of all Kuroko related stuff.
    Over 900 doujin circles planning of releasing Kuroko related doujin and goods cancelled attending the event.

Comic Market is the biggest comic event in Japan, with over half a million attenders each festival.
    They can't afford to endanger attenders of such a large event.
    Reminds me of that one time when some nutcase tried to flame moletov in comiket years ago...

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

Actually, while we're on the subject, I've been wondering whether I should give it a chance or not. Is the series any good?
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

I've fallen a bit behind in Kuroko, and I don't remember it getting much love from AP, but... if you're into sport series, you'd probably enjoy it.

It's at least worth checking out and judging for yourself if you're a fan of the genre, anyway.
    "As long as I'm alive, I want to die having risen just one step higher."

Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    Actually, while we're on the subject, I've been wondering whether I should give it a chance or not. Is the series any good?
    Well, it depends. If you do not mind extremely exaggerated abilities, Ninjas who play basketball or Japanese giants, then it could be to your liking. For me, it did not work.

I like it. But you have to keep in mind it is not realistic at all.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IgorGB View Post
    I like it. But you have to keep in mind it is not realistic at all.
    More or less realistic than Eyeshield 21?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    More or less realistic than Eyeshield 21?
    I only read a few chapters of "Eyeshield 21" years ago, so I can't compare them, sorry. But expect a lot of physical development between games that happen one day after the other, characters doing moves that look like they come from fighting games and could never be done in real life, and characters entering super-saiyajin mode.

It has a lot of "we will win because we are together" cliches as well. But it's enjoyable if you don't take it too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by IgorGB View Post
    I only read a few chapters of "Eyeshield 21"....
    I will now strongly recommend you to fix that.

E21 is one of the better manga in the last decade and while it has a kinda poor last arc, the journey is soooo worth it.
    Last edited by IceBorg; December 10th, 2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: unlike a certain "magical series" cough cough

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post

E21 is one of the better manga in the last decade and while it has a kinda poor last arc, but the journey is soooo worth it.
    Also it can be unintenionally hilarious at times. He has muscles that only black people have

Quote Originally Posted by IceBorg View Post

E21 is one of the better manga in the last decade and while it has a kinda poor last arc, but the journey is soooo worth it.
    Everyone around here likes it so much that it's been on my "to-read" list for some time now.

I don't remember much, but I remember it was good. I stopped reading it back then for lack of scans... the internet was so hard, lol. You can find almost anything now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information