+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 844 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 321 721 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 16865

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Man, this getting bad.

The Kuroko no Basket booth where they were going to give out of goods for DVD purchase at Jump Festa is cancelled, just to be safe.
    That nutcase who sent death threats earlier this year also sent lethal amounts of poisonous chemicals (hydrogen sulfide, lethal in gaseous form) to Kuroko events around Japan just last month, so Bandai isn't taking any chances at the Jump Fest 2013.
    They are also contemplating on canceling all other Kuroko events in the forseeable future.

Catch the asshole already. Some people are sick in th head.

What exactly is the jerk's problem that he's resorting to senseless terrorism, anyway? Sucks for Jump and for any fans of the series (not to mention the mangaka)...

Out of curiosity, why is this happening? Is there context behind this unusual terrorism against a particular jump title?

Update: Jump Festa's official announcement is more detailed
    http://www.jumpfesta.com/20121122.html

Looks like Jump Festa 2013 location did recieve the death threats, which led to this decision.
    They're also ramping up security at the Fest this year, but haven't said they're going to cancel the fest all together. Just Kuroko suff.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Out of curiosity, why is this happening? Is there context behind this unusual terrorism against a particular jump title?
    He (or she) claims it's some kind of personal grudge, seems like the terrorist knows the artist himself from college.
    The content of the threat suggests the nut is either a she, or a gay man, as it has to do with romantic involvement with a man. Probably a she. Doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the manga.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; November 22nd, 2012 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Man, this getting bad.

The Kuroko no Basket booth where they were going to give out of goods for DVD purchase
    Could you explain this a bit ? Is it like a contest or something ?

And yeah, this is ridiculous. I mean, fuck's sake if you have a problem with just the guy, why do you think "Oh, I'm gonna try killing tons of innocent bystanders, that's exactly the right thing to do when my advances aren't being met !" ? I know the person is probably fucked in the head, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Could you explain this a bit ? Is it like a contest or something ?
    That was specifically Bandai's booth, I think they were going to hand out "thank you" gifts to people who bought the Kuroko DVDs.

As for Jump Festa, they cancelled the stage play, booth, and all other Kuroko related showings.

It kinda sucks they have to give in to terrorism, but they are just a corporation at the mercy of terror, police need to track the suspect down.
    The suspect posted on internet boards, sent packages all over the place, if it's just a crazy bitch with loose screws, you would think he/she left relatively trackable traces.

Mangaka are infamous for being unorganized, and often work overtime to get their chapters out... but Akimoto is completely different.
    He runs his studio like a CEO of an effecient office. No overnight, overtime. Assisstants punch in with time card sharp at 9AM, and out at 8PM, with two lunch breaks.
    They cannot stay late to finish their work, nor does he himself stay late either. None of the assisstants are rookies, he hires nothing but seasoned artists.
    I was wondering if you could source this. Sounds like a good read ^^

And also, I was wondering if anyone knew what Jump's policy is on digital manga, I know that all the art has to be handed in physically, but have there been some creators who do all their actual art digitally? I always thought Pajama no Kanojo looked digital, but I was never entirely sure....

Also, even though a lot of people like to complain about how Kubo operates, I actually really respect him for that. Basically, with his first series he listened to all his editor's suggestions and got totally crushed, so when he did Bleach he decided that most of all he was going to make his manga his way, and hey, it has worked for him. And I personally like Kubo's storytelling, I just really hate his pacing. I think that if he released 3 times the pages a week for the same price, no one would be complainging, but hey, no one here actually buys manga, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by gordanham View Post
    but hey, no one here actually buys manga, am I right?
    You're incredibly wrong.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Guys, I just realised.

The only two manga titles currently published in my country are....Naruto and Bleach.

....HELP.

So.... where do you live?
    Nah.

Hunter Pirate Poet Friend of Luffy and Gon's Avatar

That's a really good question, in Britain we get what America gets minus a few titles. Of course I can only really say that as somebody who can only travel to one British city so I might be wrong. My point is even we get a fair supply even if we are just buying our stuff from comics shops who buy from American suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by !Volpe View Post
    So.... where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Guys, I just realised.

The only two manga titles currently published in my country are....Naruto and Bleach.

....HELP.
    There are worse countries.
    Where I live there is not a single manga publishied. Not even one.
    The only ones you can buy are in English, and there are only 3-4 shops who sell mangas. In the whole country.

Nice, next week's Kochikame is on manga industry info.
    I love how informative Kochikame is on any subject, so it covering manga is a welcome.

The number of manga tankoubon (collected volumes) published annually is around 12000, bringing montly releases to about 1000 titles per month.
    I did not know this figure, learn something every day.

Kiruko-san continues to enjoy otaku base support.
    I hope some of them will send in the polls.

He (or she) claims it's some kind of personal grudge, seems like the terrorist knows the artist himself from college.
    The content of the threat suggests the nut is either a she, or a gay man, as it has to do with romantic involvement with a man. Probably a she. Doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the manga.
    Is the author married already?

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7...ercmaa8avq.jpg

Kiruko-san continues to enjoy otaku base support.
    I hope some of them will send in the polls.
    If they're going as far as creating figures, then they'd better send in those polls. That's a good looking figure, by the way (though I'd prefer a non-SD version myself)...

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by White Witch View Post
    Is the author married already?
    I think he is, yea.

Hunter Pirate Poet Friend of Luffy and Gon's Avatar

Mugen what manga is your avatar from? She looks interesting. It's amazing how many series I've got into by avatars and sigs it seems lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Luffy and Gon View Post
    Mugen what manga is your avatar from? She looks interesting. It's amazing how many series I've got into by avatars and sigs it seems lol.
    It's from "Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san".

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information