+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 844 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 719 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Luffy and Gon View Post
    I bet Toriyama could, but good ole Tori-bot as far as I know had a very good punctuality record, from what I've heard he seemed to treat like it actually was, you know a job with contractual obligations not just some way to become a superficial untouchable cough kubo cough pretentious star.
    Kubo is at least punctual. He has almost no content, but at least he's punctual.

However, someone named Yoshihiro on the other hand fits the bill to a T.

Hunter Pirate Poet Friend of Luffy and Gon's Avatar

Oh we know about Togashi's abuse, he seems like the anti-Toriyama in the punctuality department. It just pisses me off how my second favourite mangaka is so lazy. As for Bleach, well maybe Kubo couldn't pull a Togashi because he's slipped so far in the rankings. On the other end of the scale of course everyone knows that Oda for a while now has became the new Toriyama in terms of consistently pulling high sales. Even if he is off for a chapter or two outside of holidays, I always feel like he's spent the time doing research or finding new ways to enrich his story.

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Luffy and Gon View Post
    Oh we know about Togashi's abuse, he seems like the anti-Toriyama in the punctuality department. It just pisses me off how my second favourite mangaka is so lazy. As for Bleach, well maybe Kubo couldn't pull a Togashi because he's slipped so far in the rankings. On the other end of the scale of course everyone knows that Oda for a while now has became the new Toriyama in terms of consistently pulling high sales. Even if he is off for a chapter or two outside of holidays, I always feel like he's spent the time doing research or finding new ways to enrich his story.
    Remember how Jump desperately tried to keep interest going during his month long absence ? At leas that's the impression I got.

Obviously it comes down to sales. And I don't remember that no I tend not to follow the politics of the editorial office lol, it would make a fascinating dissertation study for political science university students if they had an interest in manga.

If you wanna talk about punctuality, the supreme master of all is Osamu Akimoto of Kochikame.
    He is currently going THIRTY YEARS with not a single break from Jump. Ever. Not even once.
    That's over 1700 chapters non-stop and holds the guineas world record of longest continuous serialization of shounen manga in history.

Oh yeah I've heard of him. He must really love his work.

Shokutaku no Soma was... well, a standard cooking manga.
    Much in the same vein of Curry naru Shokutaku and Yakitate Japan.
    The art is somewhat like Koisome Momiji, but much more likable protagonist.

Kinda refreshing to see it on WSJ though.

Shipmate

Shokugeki no Soma, a promising new comedy cooking series in Shonen Jack. Shokugeki no Soma, a meaningless loss for hentai manga.

Inspired by the success of his former collegue Akatsuki Akira's Medaka Box' success, tosh has ventured into the cruel world of children comic books.

lol, I didn't realize it was shokugeki, a made-up word, and not shokutaku, a similarly spelled ACTUAL word meaning dining table.

TOSH! NOOOOOOOOO!

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

*looks carefully".....!
    Holy crap, it IS tosh! I thought the style of the left girl was vividly familiar.

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

Who exactly is this tosh? I haven't been able to find any info on the guy :/
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

He's a hentai/doujinshi artist:

(work safe)
    http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=10314

I would post pics of his work but they are...very nsfw obviously. Just google image "tosh" and "Menkui" if you are really curious. Honestly, I always felt that hentai artists (at least the ones that get their original works serialized) produced pretty high quality art.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Shokutaku no Soma was... well, a standard cooking manga.
    Much in the same vein of Curry naru Shokutaku and Yakitate Japan.
    The art is somewhat like Koisome Momiji, but much more likable protagonist.

Kinda refreshing to see it on WSJ though.
    I wouldn't call Yakitate Japan anything close to standard. It's hilariously ridiculous.

Glad to see more cooking manga though!

Holy SMOKES
    Graph showing the entire TOC for 2012. Now this is useful.

I'm gonna translate this when I have the time... (at work as usual)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

And done.

lol look at all of HxH's breaks (休). MIA for a long...long time. Though, I can't wrap my head around Kochikame's ratings. I wonder what it did on Jump 20 to hit rank 1 for that ONE week.

Hmm...was St&rs universally hated/disliked? I can't even remember that serie.
    Last edited by valiantt; November 21st, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

It was on a title page. As this graph show all manga that were given title page automatically #1,

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    If you wanna talk about punctuality, the supreme master of all is Osamu Akimoto of Kochikame.
    He is currently going THIRTY YEARS with not a single break from Jump. Ever. Not even once.
    That's over 1700 chapters non-stop and holds the guineas world record of longest continuous serialization of shounen manga in history.
    Jesus Christ...does he ever get sick or something?
    He must work like a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Jesus Christ...does he ever get sick or something?
    He must work like a beast.
    He probably has chapters written out in advance in case he does get sick or something.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information