+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 844 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 267 317 717 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 16871

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Luffy and Gon View Post
    Does Medaka Box actually go anywhere? I actually like Medaka herself but can't stand monster of the week (episodic) shounen.
    I refer you to a post I made a few pages back

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    Give it a try, man.

The first 16 or so chapters is wacky ecchi hijinks. Then it's a mediocre battle manga until chapter 50, where the best character shows up, and things kick into maximum trollverdrive, and it's a very entertaining battle manga. Then after that arc, it really starts subverting things as hard as it can, and becomes impossible to predict, and a total trip to read.

Don't let the mary sue main character deter you, I'd say half the point of the manga is to deconstruct that trope. [/tvtropes]
    also, this week's ToC is crazy-bananas. Neither Naruto nor Toriko in top 5, gintama down near bottom 5, and AssClass beats One Piece. Can't say any of this is worrying or super meaningful, but it's still pretty unusual.

Alright, time to get ready for the painful.
    It's brutal, but you all know it's coming, and probably don't wanna get caught unprepared.

WSJ release dates for the upcoming End Year/New Year.
    http://adnavi.shueisha.co.jp/schedule/w_jump.html

WSJ Issue Publish date
    51 11/19
    52 11/26
    1 12/3
    2 12/10
    3 12/17
    4/5 double 12/22
    6/7 double 1/4
    8 1/21

As always, roll back about 5-6 days for the spoiler and scanlation release dates.
    And like with any year, there will be two double issues back to back, as well as non-monday releases on some issues.

Gah! Hisashi Sasaki just revealed that Nise Koi will be the series added to Shonen Jump Alpha in two weeks. Really, really surprised. I think it is a good thing that Viz is showing they don't mind picking up series once they prove successful, but, there is another bigger and more recent success, Assassination Classroom. Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the first volume sold over 120,000 units! http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-29-november-4

I definitely want to see a the broad genres Jump has in Japan reflected in alpha, but it is rather strange to choose a RomCom four volumes in, than the more action and dark, which totally sells in America, series. I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce Assassination Classroom in the furture though...... Just hoping something like Shueisha asking them to turn out their pockets for it isn't the reason they aren't doing it.....and yeah...I know they are basically the same company....just make the metaphor applicable to royalties or whatever.

I also thought Hungry Joker had a chance since it would come out two weeks right after its Japanese publication, but I am guessing it is pretty much shot now. I definitely am for Alpha going back and picking up the series that proved successful, but I do hope they start series at the same time with Japan as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Alright, time to get ready for the painful.
    It's brutal, but you all know it's coming, and probably don't wanna get caught unprepared.

WSJ release dates for the upcoming End Year/New Year.
    http://adnavi.shueisha.co.jp/schedule/w_jump.html

WSJ Issue Publish date
    51 11/19
    52 11/26
    1 12/3
    2 12/10
    3 12/17
    4/5 double 12/22
    6/7 double 1/4
    8 1/21

As always, roll back about 5-6 days for the spoiler and scanlation release dates.
    And like with any year, there will be two double issues back to back, as well as non-monday releases on some issues.
    So given this week is a break, that means 4 chapters of One Piece (5 if you include an early release but 3 weeks of nothing after)?

Five for us. Remember, we get nearly a week early.

spoiler/scanlation wise, you should expect:

OP 689: 11/19 - 11/20
    OP 690: 11/27 - 11/28
    OP 691: 12/4 - 12/5
    OP 692: 12/11 - 12/12
    OP 693: 12/17 - 12/18 (A day early due to Sat release day - small chance of 12/15-16)

OP 694: 12/25 - 1/2 (Jump comes out Friday, 1/4 - the timing of when it will reach bookstores is unpredictable, due to combination of weekends AND holidays. As usual most likely very early instead of late though, so they can make sure it's in circulation)

Since 6/7 double (OP 694) will probably hit very early, there will be nearly a three week gap after it. Go forget about manga serialization for a month.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; November 13th, 2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: 693->694

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Five for us. Remember, we get nearly a week early.

spoiler/scanlation wise, you should expect:

OP 689: 11/19 - 11/20
    OP 690: 11/27 - 11/28
    OP 691: 12/4 - 12/5
    OP 692: 12/11 - 12/12
    OP 693: 12/17 - 12/18 (A day early due to Sat release day - small chance of 12/15-16)

OP 694: 12/25 - 1/2 (Jump comes out Friday, 1/4 - the timing of when it will reach bookstores is unpredictable, due to combination of weekends AND holidays. As usual most likely very early instead of late though, so they can make sure it's in circulation)

Since 6/7 double (OP 693) will probably hit very early, there will be nearly a three week gap after it. Go forget about manga serialization for a month.
    Feels like an RPM just hit me in the gut in full force. Yep, that's nomanga syndrome.

Heh, someone should bust out that ''28 Days with No One Piece'' picture again.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

It's painful, but I have Real, Gintama, Kuroko and Shingeki no Kyojin to catch up, so I think I'll be fine this year.

Hunter Pirate Poet Friend of Luffy and Gon's Avatar

Ouch, but I nearly always have manga to catch up with at these times, plus I do actually have loads of writing typing to catch up with.

Chapter 694 will have such a teasing cliffhanger..i almost feel it already.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

from kaze

Rookie Poicewoman Kiruko-san
    Toriko
    Assassination Classroom
    PSI Saiki Kusuo (C)
    Naruto
    Kuroko no Basket
    Nisekoi
    Hungry Joker (C)
    Sket Dance
    HQ
    Beelzebub (C)
    Bleach
    Gintama
    Kochikame
    Kurogane
    Medaka Box
    Date-senpai
    Cross Manage
    Koisome Momiji (END)

Shokutaku no Soma 54p
    C Bleach, Assassination Classroom, Kiruko 25P
    Absent: Toriko

Also, apparently 01 cover & title Toriko
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; November 13th, 2012 at 09:53 PM.

Makes me sad to see cross manage so low...
    Would be even sadder if this gets axed before kurogane which is just plain boring...

Hmm Bleach jumped slightly upwards (really hoping for it to hit bottom 5...urgh why hasn't it yet?); Toriko also climed upwards (jumping from fifth to first place in rank). However, Date-senpai took a significant plunge since the previous week.

A real shame about Cross Manage, but I don't think it will last very long. At least Koisome Momiji is gone...good riddance. Going to keep an eye on Hungry Joker and see if it will suffer the same fate as Bulge.

Kiruko-san is olev cute, but the male protagonist is too unlikable a scum.
    I'll probably keep browsing it just for adorable Kiruko-san.

Got a question. To my knowledge, these rankings are meant to represent chapters that are eight weeks old, correct? If so, how are newer series like Cross Manage ranked? I mean Manage is only about ten or so chapters in at this point, but I've seen it ranking in the bottom five for the better part of a month.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSplash View Post
    Got a question. To my knowledge, these rankings are meant to represent chapters that are eight weeks old, correct? If so, how are newer series like Cross Manage ranked?
    Randomly .

There is probably some organisation in it though as the second chapter of AssClass was around the front few pages whereas the second chapter of Takamagahara was dead last, that can't just be a coincidence

Well, when a series starts out the first eight chapters are unranked. Once it hits Chapter 9, it starts counting the results from eight weeks ago. Hence, Chapter 9 is when a series starts getting ranked.
    I'm pretty sure those first eight chapters are just randomly placed, unless it's the first chapter then it's on the cover.
    I'm sure Aohige can explain it better.

By the way OmegaSplash, put Assassination Classroom on WMR. It deserves it.

The first chapter of kiruko san:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/141901/...trinity-bakuma

I like it.

Hyper/badass girl with short, green hair? I'm sold...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information