+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 844 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 259 309 709 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 16862

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

So another manga has been edited, this time is golden future cup entry 1: Goblin Night

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/133856/...arkshadowscans

I really liked this one, hope this wins.

from kaze1028

Naruto
    OP
    Nisekoi
    AssClass
    PSI
    Medaka (C)
    Toriko
    Kuroko
    Date
    Bleach
    Jojo (C) 46p
    Gintama
    HQ
    Cross
    Sket
    Beelze
    Kochikame
    Kurogane
    Reborn
    Koisome
    Takamaga

Cover & First: PSI
    Bleach, Kurogane (C)

Anyone else think that cover looks realy dirty and someone at Jump realy should have known better ?

Whoah my god Cross Manage was good. I really hope it can find an audience. I love the art a lot. I was also really impressed with what would be a blatant, cliche fanservice scene in any other series, but here was a scene totally out of left field and genuinely felt awkward and embarrassing. The one complaint I have with the first chapter is that two pages after the aforementioned scene is a half-page face close-up that I have no idea what the intent of it was. I can't tell if it was supposed to be horrifying, sentimental, or maybe both.

I know the part you're talking about, and definitely both. She's meant to look devilish.

Random shit ahead.

So like, there's this company called Burg Hamburg Burg co. that deals with funny random stories, pranks, and events.
    They're web-based company that's sorta like collegehumor.com of Japan.

Anyways, their boss has a habit of sending really large prank gifts to this employee. (apparently even a pig's head..)
    Well the employee, Yamaguchi, just got married, so the company decided to pull off a bigger one this time for him.
    They found a life-size replica of a zebra, and thought it'd be perfect to leave in his house... but the thing costs 240,000 yen.

So what do they do?
    They went and got Kubo Tite and Misawa from Hell (Jump Square artist) to pay for it. LOL.
    Apparently Kubo is friends with the comedy group.

http://boss-blog.bhb.co.jp/?eid=260

Kubo is finally confirmed as a troll.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; October 3rd, 2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: duh-hurr animal brain dead. ZEBRA. Not Giraffe.

That's a funny looking giraffe... Haha good shit though.
    Hey you! Let's party!

Wow, a replica of a zebra costs 2400 €, one month worth of working for an animal that is not even real

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

^Get off this thread small timer. Kubo be using dollars for napkins.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

LOL. Kubo is a professional troll.

France's manga and comics sales from 2011. Naruto's sales are pathetic (117,000 copies sold while 250,000 copies printed for the highest ranking volume of that time?!)
    Spoiler:

Only shows that manga sales are nothing compared Japan's sales. So Oda should get more money than Kishi does despite all of Naruto's popularity in the rest of the world, lol

I hate that Glenat isn't what also prints One Piece in spanish, as they and norma are the most purist of the translators, I don't remember who got one piece, but Ussuf and the logo are changes that I don't enjoy.

I dunno, my impression is quite the opposite.
    Those sales figures are lot higher than I expected. Pretty sure France has a bigger manga market than any other western nation.

While obviously not comparable with Japan sales, it's miles better than say, US or UK.

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    Only shows that manga sales are nothing compared Japan's sales. So Oda should get more money than Kishi does despite all of Naruto's popularity in the rest of the world, lol
    Well, international popularity never meant anything fro Naruto or any other japanese comic book. And your data is from 2011, in 2012 the latest Naruto book had the printing numbers dropped down to 225 000 while One Piece has risen over the 100 000 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Those sales figures are lot higher than I expected. Pretty sure France has a bigger manga market than any other western nation.
    France is the second largest market for manga worldwide and pretty much every other foreign publishers can do all but envy the french. I was really pleased to see how well seinen manga does there. Although it's understandable given their comic history. The BD market is superb all things considered (still not good enough to inspire me to learn the french language).

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Well, international popularity never meant anything fro Naruto or any other japanese comic book. And your data is from 2011, in 2012 the latest Naruto book had the printing numbers dropped down to 225 000 while One Piece has risen over the 100 000 mark.

France is the second largest market for manga worldwide and pretty much every other foreign publishers can do all but envy the french. I was really pleased to see how well seinen manga does there. Although it's understandable given their comic history. The BD market is superb all things considered (still not good enough to inspire me to learn the french language).
    One Piece sells over 100,000 copies now? That's awesome. Do you have a link, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    One Piece sells over 100,000 copies now? That's awesome. Do you have a link, perhaps?
    No, he spoke about the printing, not the sells ;)

And I confirm about France (and the mini fall of Naruto lately) and its long now manga history. Which was not always an easy one, but yeah, it's a pretty good thing over here. It's accepted among us, a lot of sÚries published, Shonen like Seinen, and yes, these sells are not low at all.

For Maxterdexter, don't be too much envious about Glenat, not that they're baaaad, but definitly not my favorite publisher (just for One Piece, all is not perfect ;) Althought I have tendancies to defend them here and there when I found that some critics, specialy about translations, are not quite right)
    Last edited by Large; October 6th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Nurarihyon 209 raw here:

http://www2.zshare.ma/vfju16sd9iur

The last page is sick.

So One Piece is getting more popular around the world? Nice.
    We won't have to worry about Naruto any more any ways, it will be ending soon dispite no confirmation from Kishi we can tell by the arcs going on right now.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post

While obviously not comparable with Japan sales, it's miles better than say, US or UK.
    Hey Aohige, do you have an idea how much money the mangaka get from overseas DVDs and manga sales?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information