+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 844 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 255 305 705 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 16867

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyfan View Post
    What the heck is this AssassinClass series?
    Tentacled alien pervert capable of blowing up the moon that can move at mach 20 and looks like an emoticon teaches a class of school students who have a year to kill him before he destroys the earth.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So I guess Takamagahara is screwed. It's a shame I really like the art

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Tentacled alien pervert capable of blowing up the moon that can move at mach 20 and looks like an emoticon teaches a class of school students who have a year to kill him before he destroys the earth.
    Either what you said is true or you just dropped the biggest load of acid ever.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    Did not expect AssassinClass to rank 1st, damn! Awesome!
    But don't think you can get used to it, you know !

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    It's all true, and it is glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    So I guess Takamagahara is screwed. It's a shame I really like the art
    Yeah, I had just caught up with the damn thing to. The powers seemed like they'd be intriguing. I'm hoping it does well in sells, or at least inches up a little in rank.
    kevinmidas.bandcamp.com
    I'm a musician! Have a listen!

Do you know that he is not really an alien, maybe is a experiment or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

But don't think you can get used to it, you know !
    Haven't you read it yet? Go check it out!
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Keo2309 View Post
    Yeah, I had just caught up with the damn thing to. The powers seemed like they'd be intriguing. I'm hoping it does well in sells, or at least inches up a little in rank.
    Yeah. It would be a small miracle if it rose among the ranks now, which would be the best outcome. It is a lot more likely that the only way it can survive until it can rise in the ranks is if the two new series are complete and utter failures.

Well...Date-senpai is an absolute trainwreck so I wouldn't be worried about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Well...Date-senpai is an absolute trainwreck so I wouldn't be worried about that one.
    Seeing yours and Aohige's reactions, now I want to read it. It sounds "so bad it's good".

That's what I said too, but unfortunately kids may like the terrible juvenileness of it.
    Well, at least, Cross Manage should be decent judging from the one shot.

AAAaand just read Cross Manage chapter 1.

Well goddamn, million times better than Date-senpai for sure.
    Art was far more fleshed out from the one-shot, and more importantly, the characterization, story, and emotion were greatly improved. I wonder if she got some input and advice from the editor or just had time to rethink and organize.

Anyways, it certainly doesn't feel like a WSJ manga, feels more in place in WSMagazine, so I have no idea if this is going to do well. But quality wise, couldn't hope for better.

Aohige, what exactly do you mean as it would fit better in Magazine? As shonen is concerned I've only read outside Jump FMA, Gash Bell and Soul Eater, so I can't argue about the "theme" of the magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Aohige, what exactly do you mean as it would fit better in Magazine? As shonen is concerned I've only read outside Jump FMA, Gash Bell and Soul Eater, so I can't argue about the "theme" of the magazines.
    I mean, just the style of manga and its readership.
    Believe it or not, each shounen magazine have different demographics of readers with tastes.
    Weekly Shounen Jump, Sunday, Magazine, and Champion.

Since manga like Again! is running in Shounen Magazine, and doing fairly ok, the shoujo-esque feminine touch and its seishun romance/sports theme works well in WSMagazine. It'd probably do well in WSSunday as well, it did have success with Adachi Mitsuru's works (although they are not feminine, the themes are similar).

Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't work in other magazines such as WSJump, it's just that it's unusual and the readership may or may not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    AAAaand just read Cross Manage chapter 1.

Well goddamn, million times better than Date-senpai for sure.
    Art was far more fleshed out from the one-shot, and more importantly, the characterization, story, and emotion were greatly improved. I wonder if she got some input and advice from the editor or just had time to rethink and organize.

Anyways, it certainly doesn't feel like a WSJ manga, feels more in place in WSMagazine, so I have no idea if this is going to do well. But quality wise, couldn't hope for better.
    What is it about, this Cross Manage manga?

Shipmate

Ugh man I want to read Cross Manage too

And you are not helping talking about it favorably and even saying that Kaito made imporvements. Hopefully Kuudere Scans will pick it up soon.

Feminine or not, but Kaito's work did remind me on Adachi. The way lacrosse wasn't the main theme in focus but only a condition, an enviroment for the characters to develop and create their story - that striked me as something Sunday like if anything. I expect good things out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post
    What is it about, this Cross Manage manga?
    You can read the one shot here.

I wonder what Alpha will do once Barrage's run ends. It seems like they are alluding to adding a new series. I wonder if they will gamble with Cross Manage or Date-Senpai, though I hardly think they will and I don't think they would be particularly smart if they did too. It would be nice to see them go back and pick up an older, but still new, serial like Assassination Classroom and play the catch-up game with it like they did with Blue Exorcist. That way they can actually look at the rankings for newer series before they take a gamble on them too.

I would totally be up for more Jump SQ too..... If they did Claymore.... I would be so happy.

I don't think they'll pick up AssClass. Definitely not after they beat into the ground the fact that a major character is jokingly called "Bitch-sensei." It just won't fly with the established maturity level they're trying to maintain in SJA.

I don't think they'll pick up AssClass. Definitely not after they beat into the ground the fact that a major character is jokingly called "Bitch-sensei." It just won't fly with the established maturity level they're trying to maintain in SJA.
    Is that why there's no Gintama or Medaka Box? Damn...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information