+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 844 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 302 702 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 16874

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    I've read most of Takamagahara so far. Other then what is outlined above, the premise is that everyone in the world has one special power but most people don't know it. These are very much like stands from Jojo, fruits from One Piece, swords from Bleach, etc, it's not a very creative concept so far. To top it off it takes place in a non-creative school setting with some pretty boring characters. Also the art isn't very good.

Honestly the only thing I've enjoyed about the manga is the main character's family. They are pretty funny. But yeah this one is almost certainly getting canned.
    Figures. Things are not looking up for Viz and the new Jump Alpha series. Especially since Barrage's final chapter is next Monday.
    What Jump Alpha really needs is not more action, it needs variety. It needs sports, it needs comedy, maybe even romance.

Just throwing my two cents in.

I really love Takama-Ga-Hara. I have been fallowing it in Alpha and it has accomplished for me what a lot of other series haven't. I have a really hard time getting into any series that rely on the battle/gag hybrid like Gintama or even Reborn or Beelzebub, but this series doesn't really have any broblem with balance like that. The closest thing I could compare it to is Eyeshield 21, where the world is supposed to be identical to ours, but everyone seems to have a larger suspension of disbelief then we would, allowing small gags here or there. Any gags that occur are inconcequential to the story, like Hiruma's guns in Eyeshield 21, not like Sanji's nosebleeds which becomes a terrible plot device. The series has continued to make me genuinely laugh and still feel totally emotionally invested in the characters and their personal journeys.

I really love the premise for Takama-ga-Hara. So yeah, basic gist, every single person has a special power, it's just that not everyone awakens to their's in their lifetime. It is not the most orginal conceptually, but it is all about, like Jojo's for example, the powers he comes up with and how the characters use them. So far I have found them to be interesting and entertaining. A complaint that I could think which people may bring up is that the villians so far represent a very narrowed and extremed personality, but I think it is very appropriate, because it seems that is the reason why they can awaken to their power to begin with. And though it does start in normal high school, the creator makes it pretty clear that that is not where the story will be staying. The opening color spread, which you can see here: http://www.shonenjump.com/j/customize/wall2.html , shows the series will probably be moving settings and that the cast will be quickly growing.

Personally too, I love the art. It is very clean, clear, and unique.

Has this been posted yet ?

Jump Comics vol. Popular with Females
    66.8% - Haikyuu!! vol.2
    66.3% - Gintama vol.45
    62.4% - Reborn! vol.39
    58.9% - Kuroko no Basket vol.18
    51.8% - One Piece vol.67
    50.7% - Bleach vol.55

Jump Comics vol. Popular with Males
    83.3% - Nisekoi vol.3
    81.8% - Kochikame vol.181
    74.9% - Medaka Box vol.16
    62.7% - Toriko vol.20
    61.2% - Beelzebub vol.16
    51.4% - Naruto vol.61

Spoiler:

looks like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece have balanced males and females fans..

Large titles tend to be more balanced, where as smaller titles have larger niche tendencies.

Nothing surprising there.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; September 4th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Large titles tend to be more balanced, where as smaller titles have larger niche tendencies.

Nothing surprising there.
    Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking, especially for One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by D Vance View Post
    Has this been posted yet ?
    http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spi...49735_full.jpg

Jump Comics vol. Popular with Females
    66.8% - Haikyuu!! vol.2
    66.3% - Gintama vol.45
    62.4% - Reborn! vol.39
    58.9% - Kuroko no Basket vol.18
    51.8% - One Piece vol.67
    50.7% - Bleach vol.55

Jump Comics vol. Popular with Males
    83.3% - Nisekoi vol.3
    81.8% - Kochikame vol.181
    74.9% - Medaka Box vol.16
    62.7% - Toriko vol.20
    61.2% - Beelzebub vol.16
    51.4% - Naruto vol.61
    Why isn't one piece in the males' category? Why is bleach even on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto D Luffy View Post
    Why isn't one piece in the males' category? Why is bleach even on the list?
    Assuming that the 48.2 remaining are male, that wouldn't be enough to crack the list, no?

Quote Originally Posted by gordanham View Post
    Just throwing my two cents in.

I really love Takama-Ga-Hara. I have been fallowing it in Alpha and it has accomplished for me what a lot of other series haven't. I have a really hard time getting into any series that rely on the battle/gag hybrid like Gintama or even Reborn or Beelzebub, but this series doesn't really have any broblem with balance like that. The closest thing I could compare it to is Eyeshield 21, where the world is supposed to be identical to ours, but everyone seems to have a larger suspension of disbelief then we would, allowing small gags here or there. Any gags that occur are inconcequential to the story, like Hiruma's guns in Eyeshield 21, not like Sanji's nosebleeds which becomes a terrible plot device. The series has continued to make me genuinely laugh and still feel totally emotionally invested in the characters and their personal journeys.

I really love the premise for Takama-ga-Hara. So yeah, basic gist, every single person has a special power, it's just that not everyone awakens to their's in their lifetime. It is not the most orginal conceptually, but it is all about, like Jojo's for example, the powers he comes up with and how the characters use them. So far I have found them to be interesting and entertaining. A complaint that I could think which people may bring up is that the villians so far represent a very narrowed and extremed personality, but I think it is very appropriate, because it seems that is the reason why they can awaken to their power to begin with. And though it does start in normal high school, the creator makes it pretty clear that that is not where the story will be staying. The opening color spread, which you can see here: http://www.shonenjump.com/j/customize/wall2.html , shows the series will probably be moving settings and that the cast will be quickly growing.

Personally too, I love the art. It is very clean, clear, and unique.
    I agree a lot with this. I was skeptical at first after the initial chapter or two but I've really warmed up to it and I think I like it a lot more than any of the latest batch of series (Barrage, Assassination Classroom). You can tell the artist is learning a lot on the job and is just trying things out. Every chapter seems to have one scene or image that he clearly took a ton of time to test out and then decided "oh hell, I'm just gonna go balls-out with this," and it provides a great feeling of spontaneity and experimentation. There's a double-page spread at the end of the latest chapter in WSJ (I think chapter 8?) that is absolutely stunning. It'll never be one of the big series but I can see it latching on with a niche audience and sticking around for a while.

I agree about the general art style too, it's a very sparse black-and-white style that is incredibly clean and reminds me in some ways of early OP with the way it eschews screentones. I definitely think it's overall MUCH better than people have been giving it credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Assuming that the 48.2 remaining are male, that wouldn't be enough to crack the list, no?
    Rather strange that One Piece has more female fans than male. You'd think killing off the fangirl bait would reduce female readership. Then again, Law is the new bait. Unless they read it for Chopper, which is likely considering he's everywhere. More so than any other character.

I actually gave Takama-Ga-Hara a try and I enjoyed it, though I'm not going to follow it. In my opinion, it can stick around more than we expect, it can happen and I would accept it easily.

Im suprised Naruto is not on the female fans part,with the way the characters polls always end up(I still laugh to this day that Iruka is only popular because he is like in the second most popular pairing in japan with Kakashi, that is a sad existence).

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan View Post
    Rather strange that One Piece has more female fans than male. You'd think killing off the fangirl bait would reduce female readership. Then again, Law is the new bait. Unless they read it for Chopper, which is likely considering he's everywhere. More so than any other character.
    Vast majority of One Piece blogs in Japan are by female readers.
    Then again, that seems to apply to blogs in general too lol.

Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Law, Shanks, Mihawk, Crocodile, Smoker, Rayleigh...

I guess girls connect more with One Piece than guys do.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Vast majority of One Piece blogs in Japan are by female readers.
    Then again, that seems to apply to blogs in general too lol.
    The latter is quite true yes. A large portion of those blogs being yaoi fanart and *holds back vomit* pages and pages of shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Law, Shanks, Mihawk, Crocodile, Smoker, Rayleigh...
    I was thinking Ace... but I guess all those men work too.

Well, it's 51.8% females versus 48.2% males. That might even fall within the margin of error.

I was thinking Ace... but I guess all those men work too.
    Guess? Luffy and Zoro are hot as fuck.

Though, I'm gay so maybe it's my preferences :Y

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Ace was fan girl bait? Please I'll stick with Zoro lol. He's typically shirtless anyways.

Least we forget, though, Ace was always ​shirtless.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information